Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Have you turned off firewall?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Although that this is a BETA DEMO (both beta demo apparently) its hard to think more of crytek when theyve only got about 26 days to fix the issues this 'Beta demo' has....

heres just a few ive picked up...
1. Memory Issues
2. Third party sound peripherals do not work
3. Hardcore settings @ 1080p makes your GPU talk
4. Game mode kinda suck - too short
5. Nanosuit is more like perky suit
6. Someone really has to fix the FOV on this game
7. Only leaves options for armour or cloak (most go for cloak and is annoying)
8. Glitchy in window mode
9. Lobby takes too long
10. Switching grenades fast - epic stuck in air glitch (For a brief second or two)
11. Connectivity isnt so great
12. Less requirements then Crysis? LOL1?!!!#?$!
13. Numbers in gamespy account = FAIL

[TEMP FIX FOR HEADSET OWNERS: there a few solutions you can do 1. Uninstall the headset software + driver let microsoft deal with that, 2. In bios disable "Onboard Audio" 3. Set your headset to 6 NOT 7.1 surround (G35 owners cant do this step can try other 2) ]

Playing it on headphones doesnt really give you the same experience :S

All in all... i think tulzers avatar sums it up Razz
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Tulzer wrote:
its good to see u oppose everything they have said....but thats is just ur opinion
could of expressed it in a nicer way than like saying, that everything they said is wrong, kind of way
1 good opinion of the game.....can we have a poll....

just also want to add that i did play it for as long as i could...but it was very repetitive and so it became boring....unlike the many many ways to play the originals.

Man get off the 'crysis 2' is shit bandwagon, its a demo not the full thing and its got like 2 maps preview and bugger all perks.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

1/ yea to jump over an object without jumping 42m in the air, you physically walk up to the item/walls once touching jump, and should you step up.

2/ the game is pretty fun unless your against wounded, he is also a fuckin to good for his own gun at the game.

3/ im am sooo glad its taken this direction towards a new and different game, thats the reason i will enjoy the game, it has few similarities to the original couple.

4/ all in all i enjoy the game, as soon as your fatigued or side tracked you go to shit miserably though.

boots
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 pm

The guys where playing tonight, great fun especially the air stomp Very Happy, you guys need to bind your keys, and nano vision helps ALOT!
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

So I closed xfire and msn and steam and I didn't have any connction problems until right at the end after many games, but it didn't really both me because I'd been saying to myself that I needed to go to bed after this game lol.

Played cloak with silencers tonight. Oh and you can put a reflex sight ont eh dsg. not sure why you would though. Unless yyou get the first shot you're daed anyway. why be closer.
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:45 pm

At first I was:
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 Yawn1
But then I:
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 Happyl
(mostly it was changing my fov that made it much betterer).
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks for the info wounded, guna try it out asap!!
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 pm

for those that need it:

Quote :
Add +cl_fov=90 (or whatever) to your shortcut. Here's a shot of a drastic 120 just so you can see that it does in fact work:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pyide/screenshot/577790014994757440

right yes i know its a demo and the epic thing is that it is even older than the dev version that was leaked....i went snooping in the dll files Very Happy

there is a devmode within them but its not active...mainly trying to crack open that nigel archieve of theres to get the rest of the mp code Smile....had quite a bit of success but only time will tell

i mainly hate it because i find it hard to play....the button layout is not to my liking and i cbf'd changing it...let alone the lack of hit reg, lag and the general non openness of the game....i enjoy bc2 way more than this....these maps make it even closer than hl2....which imo is also better....and i have seen all the maps in detail... and apart from some ctf maps, i find it hard to accept this as a game worth playing....

i will however still retain my preorder with steam (like i have a choice anyways) as i love the single player to bits Smile ....and you never know i might still get into the mp...especially with the ctf mode Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Wounded wrote:
Played more of the game tonight and its great, more i play it the better it feels.

yes but can you waste most majority of the next 2 years of ur life on it?Very Happy

or can you casually play with mates until 6am in the morning? just doesn't feel like that type of game Sad

EDIT:
Quote :
Crysis 2 is fairly much locked down in terms of advanced tweaking, but there is one working method of implementing cvars, and that is to add them to the launch box for the main executable. Right-click on the Crysis2Demo.exe file found under the \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\ directory and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a launch icon. Then right-click on this new icon on your desktop, select properties, and one blank space after the last character in the Target box, add your command(s) with a plus sign in front of them. This method is detailed at the bottom of this page of the Crysis Tweak Guide, and at the moment many of the commands from Crysis 1 can be used as shown in this section of the guide. For example, adding +g_skipintro 1 skips the intro screens, +cl_fov 85 changes your field of view to 85 degrees, +r_glow 0 disables the heavy glow effect visible particularly in Hardcore graphics, and so on. I'll hopefully have a full Crysis 2 Tweak Guide up at GeForce.com after the final version of the game is released.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 am

well i could make a hack for this aswell, with the dev release i could grab any bit of code and just implement it at will just like crysis wars(none of the coding has changed much), but i only want the gamerules that work from their files....which i guess i could extract out of the data i already have
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 am

Virtuoso X wrote:
Although that this is a BETA DEMO (both beta demo apparently) its hard to think more of crytek when theyve only got about 26 days to fix the issues this 'Beta demo' has....

heres just a few ive picked up...
1. Memory Issues [ I havnt had any yet? what made you think this?]
2. Third party sound peripherals do not work [yeah few people have this issue, hope its fixed]
3. Hardcore settings @ 1080p makes your GPU talk [ Game does really really well at using all the GPU, which is a good thing]
4. Game mode kinda suck - too short [ Take the timer off and let it go to kills or till a team has the amount of Cap points]
5. Nanosuit is more like perky suit [ Like perky tits? epic?]
6. Someone really has to fix the FOV on this game [ woundeds got this]
7. Only leaves options for armour or cloak (most go for cloak and is annoying) [ oh no? people using something in the game is annoying!]
8. Glitchy in window mode [ yeah havnt tried yet...]
9. Lobby takes too long
10. Switching grenades fast - epic stuck in air glitch (For a brief second or two)
11. Connectivity isnt so great [ Once im in a game its usually fine, after about 1-2 hours of playing on 1 server i usuaully drop]
12. Less requirements then Crysis? LOL1?!!!#?$! [ never heard of optimisation? something that CE2 didnt have Razz]
13. Numbers in gamespy account = FAIL [ yeah hope they fix this as well]

[TEMP FIX FOR HEADSET OWNERS: there a few solutions you can do 1. Uninstall the headset software + driver let microsoft deal with that, 2. In bios disable "Onboard Audio" 3. Set your headset to 6 NOT 7.1 surround (G35 owners cant do this step can try other 2) ]

Playing it on headphones doesnt really give you the same experience :S

All in all... i think tulzers avatar sums it up Razz

Tulzer wrote:
well i could make a hack for this aswell, with the dev release i could grab any bit of code and just implement it at will just like crysis wars(none of the coding has changed much), but i only want the gamerules that work from their files....which i guess i could extract out of the data i already have
OH MAN U SO HARCUR... simply changing vales on your computer isnt a hack you twat. its just a fail on crytek's part
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 am

well i guess u are just some douche that cannot accept others opinions....let alone you dont know what ur talking bout
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 am

you talking about Foo, THE Foo, do you know who your talking to tulzer. sheesh

you got that problem fixed Zygurt, make sure you turn all your firewalls off then restart your pc IN THAT ORDER, for some reason thats the way it works

boots
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 am

Getting XP point for Stealth is so hard. I attempted last night, died so many times.

But to counter cloakers I have a macro set up on my mouse. Quick on and off to check the surroundings it's really neat.

But being the cloaker I fail. I will need a ninja master, to train me in there sly ways. Nano? Is probably my best bet.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:42 am

Oh and another thing, the friends system is pretty buggy. Limits only 2 people on the list and every time you add someone new they would deleted another on the list. But hey... it's a demo we can't expect a great deal.

Also Cry2's Facebook indicates we've cracked 1 million kills with a scar.

So our reward is a video of weapons that will be used when the game comes out.

Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 am

Charlie wrote:
Getting XP point for Stealth is so hard. I attempted last night, died so many times.

But to counter cloakers I have a macro set up on my mouse. Quick on and off to check the surroundings it's really neat.

But being the cloaker I fail. I will need a ninja master, to train me in there sly ways. Nano? Is probably my best bet.

You rang Very Happy?
Was the first thing I got to level 3... Then it went all buggy and while i still have level 3 unlocked, it wont use level 2 or 3 ingame Sad
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 am

Oh snap that's right Foo, you where kicking my butt when I first jumped on with all that cloaky up the hill business lol

I'll be on later tonight, I will cloak my way to victory!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 am

Charlie wrote:
I would suggest a slower approach to the game, either instead of running off from the start of a match you hang back in cloak and look for people that would otherwise get behind your team, or you camp out well used pathways. there's already tons of spots you could easily sit in cloak with nano on and find targets, then stealthily go after then.

Also, that weapons trailer was cool. I'm still so indecisive over whether or not to get this game.
I'm probably leaning to getting it after launch maybe.. Just can't stand cod-clones.
Yet I am somewhat hopeful that there is more to enjoy in this game.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:37 am

To rank up on stealth best would be to use nano vision, move around in cloak don't camp find players on high ground looking down, they tend to just stand around looking for easy targets.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 am

Charlie wrote:
Oh snap that's right Foo, you where kicking my butt when I first jumped on with all that cloaky up the hill business lol

I'll be on later tonight, I will cloak my way to victory!

Got "Spector" reward last night..... Cloak kill on a cloaked enemy....stab to the throat from behind FTW. Must say I am livn this game. Smile
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 am

rofl...oops..my secret is out hahaha
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 am

Sweet! Only have 1hr of work left. 30mins for the bus trip. 5mins to load everything on the computer including TV and all.

Time is precious! Game on tonight fellez
Back to top Go down
Basejj
FTW Clan Member
Basejj

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:02 am

ill try to download the demo once i finish downloading black ops back on my comp Smile
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 am

Basejj wrote:
ill try to download the demo once i finish downloading black ops back on my comp Smile

Sorry what? once you finish downloading black ops? black ops download should come after crysis download
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 am

well ive got the day off for working hard tomoz, so im going to brissy and eating and doin something

i dont know yet
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am

Ok so have it installed but i seem to have a lot of lag between the mouse and what it shows as movement on the monitor, and i have a lot of trouble joining a game. Any ideas????
Back to top Go down
NapsterFTW
FTW Clan Member
NapsterFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am

Aim Assist on maybe?

Im playing on a laptop which lagging heaps. any way to turn motion blur off? or any other tweaks to increase fps??
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 am

yeah its a shit port/build...and as i said its older than the leaked version....which was terribly buggy
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

as said in a previous post
Quote :
Crysis 2 is fairly much locked down in terms of advanced tweaking, but there is one working method of implementing cvars, and that is to add them to the launch box for the main executable. Right-click on the Crysis2Demo.exe file found under the \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\ directory and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a launch icon. Then right-click on this new icon on your desktop, select properties, and one blank space after the last character in the Target box, add your command(s) with a plus sign in front of them. This method is detailed at the bottom of this page of the Crysis Tweak Guide, and at the moment many of the commands from Crysis 1 can be used as shown in this section of the guide. For example, adding +g_skipintro 1 skips the intro screens, +cl_fov 85 changes your field of view to 85 degrees, +r_glow 0 disables the heavy glow effect visible particularly in Hardcore graphics, and so on. I'll hopefully have a full Crysis 2 Tweak Guide up at GeForce.com after the final version of the game is released.

EDIT

so add +r_MotionBlur 0
to a shortcut Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 am

Ok so i have found the problem it's my tri sli when in single card mode is much better, and yeah i think it sux hard, obviously a very cheesy console port very disappointing from a crysis point of view but had they called it something else well it would be ok. If they make the retail much and i do mean MUCH better then i will buy it lol. Still some what disappointed i guess.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 am

the funny thing is...even with all this criticism....and its on every form where ppl are talking about the demo....they will still come out and say how the pc community have embraced and enjoyed this game more than the original....which is utter crap bom

Arny it does have a great campaign....but it will be shameful if they dont make a powerstuggle mode...imo anyways
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 am

ARNY84FTW wrote:
Ok so i have found the problem it's my tri sli when in single card mode is much better, and yeah i think it sux hard, obviously a very cheesy console port very disappointing from a crysis point of view but had they called it something else well it would be ok. If they make the retail much and i do mean MUCH better then i will buy it lol. Still some what disappointed i guess.

Arny see my post here to fix your sli....the game runs heaps better with it enabled Smile

https://clanftw.forumotion.net/t3308-crysis-2-sli-patch
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah i read that mate just wanted to make sure that was what was going on. I'll give it a crack mate tar.
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 am

Anyone having issues connecting now?
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

I dun can establish connection to Multiplayer, perhaps I will try again later.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

Frosty is still having connection issues and hasn't been able to play yet. I solved my problems by exiting xfire steam and msn. Crysis 2 disconnects xfire anyway.

I noticed that it doesn't goi out of cloak straight away. You have to wait a little bit otherwise you lose all your energy, which is a pity. On the very top of skyline is a nice place to be, but I'm so glad for the addition of the dogtags. no killstreak reward for you sniper lol.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Well for starters i'm just gonna call it as i see it for what it is below all its fancy gfx etc.

For starters Crytek have already failed in the fact they can't get support for surround sound in the demo, and the game is due out shortly.. regardless of if there is a way around it or not, if you wanna sell something you try to put the best out there first up to give a good impression.

Another thing is that the multiplayer has been made into COD. Like it or not this is what it is the only difference is that Cry2 has better gfx, other then that its been turned mainstream just another COD game, where you can upgrade your guns and shit and call in support, get rewards for kills etc, what happened to Crysis where you had the ability to roam, and upgrade your guns etc as you please.

The controlability of the character not to mention the way the suit has been set up is effectively a console based game. Its good what they did with armour, but the fact being that you can no longer use strength nor is there a strength mode, yeah you can jump but thats about it, and speed mode which is no longer selectable its use it or walk basically its been set up for a console and Crysis 2 is just another console port, COD game with better gfx

I don't see myself in Crysis 2 multi, might play it for the sp but other then that fuck it, Crysis has failed
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I feel your pain mate. This is what we all thought it would end up like unfortunately, just think of it as a new COD or Battlefield lol.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 pm

yeah lol but the thing is i'm getting sick of COD, i don't play it anymore and if i wanna play something like cod.. well i'd just play Cod so meh and BF well thats got kinda lame to, might give it all a break i think, nothings really out atm or comming out thats entertaining
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Well I like the game, it isn't as close to COD multi as everyone picks it to be, even if you have this mind set on this being COD then why not just accept if for its quality, we can't have it just the same as the previous titles, the previous titles made our community the minority. Besides if anyone has played the COD multi then this crysis title is 10x better and much more polished.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

NanoSnipeFTW wrote:
yeah lol but the thing is i'm getting sick of COD, i don't play it anymore and if i wanna play something like cod.. well i'd just play Cod so meh and BF well thats got kinda lame to, might give it all a break i think, nothings really out atm or comming out thats entertaining

Honestly any fps coming out nowadays will be run and gun there won't be much difference to now. It will all be copied.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 pm

^^well crysis WAS unique
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Started using the hologram, so much fun. Had some kills that were exactly like the ones in the videos.

Oh, and VEHICLES!

Now it hasn't been confirmed, but if you go to service record, general and scroll to the bottom, there is a roadkill achievement. That can only mean 1 thing.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 pm

yeah it can only mean many things....that u can run over some ppl with 1 of 3 cars.....probably in single player mode

and what wounded said
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:13 pm

It will never be comparable to the originals, but it grows on you in a way. If you force yourself to play to the point of getting used to it, you should end up having some fun.
Crytek do need to fix a lot of stuff up and give us a proper PC release, but the game itself isn't all as bad as it first seems. Not nearly perfect (like originals lol) and still annoying at times but surprisingly fun at others.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 am

What makes this game unique is the Nanosuit. Crytek has done a real good job of making the functions of the Nanosuit put to use.

For instance Armour mode needs to be engaged now. The use of cloak ability without getting shafted. NanoVison to counter those who do cloak. The air stomp!

I believe they've done a really good job here. As they are moving on and have upgraded the versatility of movement.

Are the servers still down?
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am

Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 am

Well i can't ever recall in my time of playing on the FTW sever ever remember NanoSniper Playing and being an FTW clan member I would have thought in the last 18mths,I would remember a tag like that but I shouldn't trap off. I'll just sit here like the crusty ol' fart that has never played PC's games, because i'm to old to understand all this new age PC stuff lol NAH!! fuck it i'll have my say yes it is similar to COD but it will always be unique because of the Nano Suit what ever the gameplay is like Crytek hit the nail on the head with that & besides I like the Multiplayer even if it is all so COD & Shit afro GO THE FRO!!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 am

Avalost wrote:
It will never be comparable to the originals, but it grows on you in a way. If you force yourself to play to the point of getting used to it, you should end up having some fun.
I shouldn't have to force myself to enjoy a game.

On that note, I definately cancelled my preorder.
All that means is I won't buy it on release, I may buy it at a future point in time.
Modded servers may hasten my decision to purchase it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top