Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 pm

zygurt wrote:
Still haven't clicked them Mr. Dog lol.
It's nothing bad, it's actually humorous.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Now I've seen them. I have to say I was expecting Mr. Astley.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:07 am

that'd be too obvious, young padawan.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 am

Back to top Go down
SieGe
SieGe

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm

jimbob wrote:
Aim Assistance

Is

For

Homo's

Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:51 am

SieGe wrote:
jimbob wrote:
Aim Assistance

Is

For

Homo's

Who

Play

On

Consoles

because you can't finely aim over a long distance without it.
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 am

Thats why you buy those add ons for your controller that makes the thumb stick longer
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 am

Then you realize you now need an add on to make your thumb and stuff longer

"Remove Auto Aim - This has now been completely removed due to overwhelming community feedback"
Even though it was always only for people with controllers its great to hear it's gone lol
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 am

http://www.dasreviews.com.nyud.net/das-latest-greatest/crytek-doomed-crysis-2s-pc-version/

wrote:
As Crytek stated in the past, the PC version development would not be hurt by the console versions. Then how come there isn’t already the DX11 path? How come there isn’t a 64bit executable file? How come there is still the ‘press start button’ (in order to fix it, you’ll have to update the game with the day-0 patch)? How come there are still issues with those that have 5.1/7.1 sound systems and are forced to select 2.1 from their soundcard’s control panel? And for the love of God, how come there aren’t any advanced settings as we are talking about a PC game?

These issues would have been addressed, if there was a proper beta test for the PC version. And that’s the whole purpose of a beta test my dear Crytek. It is not about hyping your game to attract more gamers as you did with the exclusive X360 test. The fact that the ‘press start button’ issue is not fixed in the final version and needs a patch means that the game went Gold when the PC demo got released. Plain and simple. That’s why Nathan Camarillo stated, regarding the advanced settings, that “they’ll look at whether that’s a possibility”. Because the game has already went Gold. Or in other words… it was a statement to handle damage control.

To add more salt to PC gamers wounds, Crytek didn’t include any modding tools or an editor to the PC version of Crysis 2. This basically means that Crytek is turning their back to their big modding community. Crytek stated that they’d release a CryEngine 3 SDK in summer but here is the tricky part. There isn’t any mention about a ‘modders version’ of the editor for Crysis 2 yet. In other words, it will be similar to UDK and will be best suited for indie teams, not modders of Crysis 2. But even if there is a ‘modders version’, the first mods will surface around October at best… and by that time we’ll be enjoying games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Batman: Arkham City and both Battlefield 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (which will be friendly to the mod community) will be around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:57 am

Really sad to hear, cause I was hoping the full release would show a lot of un-consolization, not just a day 1 patch extra. Idk if you could fully call Crytek PC devs right now, and that's really sad and angering, but I'm still going to play the game for as much as it offers and see.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 am

We can't rely on crysis 2 for the pc always, its a business. I will get my game tomorrow and I will enjoy it, I ain't thinking about the editor or dx11 if I am having fun. When they released then I will give them attention.
After this, is bf3 which has a engine already done, fan base and 64players!!!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 am

Avalost wrote:
Really sad to hear, cause I was hoping the full release would show a lot of un-consolization, not just a day 1 patch extra. Idk if you could fully call Crytek PC devs right now, and that's really sad and angering, but I'm still going to play the game for as much as it offers and see.
Well do get back to us once you actually get your hand on a copy, I'm tired of just reading people in reviews saying this and that but not actually showing what the release has to offer.

KarmaFTW wrote:
We can't rely on crysis 2 for the pc always, its a business. I will get my game tomorrow and I will enjoy it, I ain't thinking about the editor or dx11 if I am having fun. When they released then I will give them attention.
After this, is bf3 which has a engine already done, fan base and 64players!!!
You can still be mad barely anyone makes video games the way players want them.
I'm excited still to see what BF3 and Brink turn out like.

I should add that pharmeceutical companies and insurance companies are run like a business, but they don't make tons of profit. They are a business that caters a service that is necessary in the modern world - we all need medicine, and we all need a back up plan in case everything goes to shit.
In my opinion, anyone involved in the creation of art and entertainment should operate in a similar fashion; where they are providing a service to people to entertain and challenge our minds. This is particularly important given how interactive video games can be.
Unfortunately, some people just have to be dicks and be in it for the money, like hoarding cash means something.

Call of Duty is to video games as Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black are to the music industry, or Michael Bay is to the film industry.

Last edited by your dog on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 am

Brink....................
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
Brink....................
Yes I'm sure my hopes will be crushed, but I have the same hopes for brink as I do for BF3.
Until we get our hands on a demo we can't be sure.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
We can't rely on crysis 2 for the pc always, its a business.
It's not just a business. There's a business side to it, but first and foremost should come devs wanting to make an amazing and deep game like Crysis 1. To excuse and accept a poor game as good enough because it was a business isn't justification imo. It just means they probably didn't put their heart into making it super great for PC and original fans. Not saying anything cause I'm still hoping Crysis 2 fills out to be amazing game in at least some ways.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 am

if there's those of you's who really want to play crysis at the highest graphics, you can try this out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/22/use-console-commands-to-enable-hidden-graphic-settings-options-in-crysis-2/

found it on the crysis 2 page on steam.

it's simply put enabling graphics options through the console
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 am

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-news/968816-mycrysis-crysis-2-no-sandbox3-editor.html

wrote:
* The retail version of Crysis 2 will be released as a DX9 version. Regardless of the settings, you cannot 'enable' the DX10 visuals/features.
* The three official settings for the graphics are - 'Good', 'Very Good' and 'Extreme'. There is possibly a 'Maximum Extreme' setting, though not in the retail version. If we use 'Good' as a reference, 'Very high' only adds Ambient occlusion, where 'Extreme' blurs the image, in a bad way.
* The 'first day' patch doesn't enable the DX10 or DX11 visuals. It simply renames the old settings (Gamer, Adv. and Hardcore) to - Good, Very Good and Extreme.
* Even if the SandBox 3 editor is included in the leaked beta, there is no SandBox 3 editor in the retail version of the game. Many modders think it will be released in summer as a lite SDK.
* Camarillo (Crysis2 Director) still didn't confirm DX11. Camarillo said, "Crysis 2 will support DirectX 11 but we'll talk more about that in the future." But later, he added "We'll look at whether that's a possibility." Also, there is no trace of DX11 files in the retail version.

wrote:
If you played the demo/leak, then what you saw is what you're about to get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top