Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
OB1FTW

Crysis 2 demo first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

Hey boys, played the demo for he first time today. All in all, I think it is pretty fun. All the suit modes, and upgrades are crazy, there is so many combos its a far cry from the old scar, lazer silencer.

Anyways, for those who dont know, the new suit works like this.... In the demo you are in speed/strength mode all the time. An you press buttons to going into cloak or armour mode. Cloak is far more effective and prominant which is a bit of a downer.

There is kilstreaks, and the game is a lot more in the call of duty vain. So far, I have enjoyed it from a console point of view. The only issue I have at the moment is that it seems hard to know when your bullets are making contact. The hit indicator sound is very light>>> I cant hear it and I use headphones. Anyone else find this???

I am keen to hear what others have to say???
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:25 pm

I was playing it tonight, the graphics are pretty good for console which just says pc will look awesome. Totally agree the cloak is a stronger mode than previous titles at one point I ran into someone in cloak thinking it was some water leaking from the ceiling.
The system of rewards and such is defiantly for the cod and battlefield fans but I heard somewhere that as you progress in the suit modes you will have advantages like, able to spot cloak easier and bullet trails will stand out.
I'm not sure on this but in game the gun animation would lag behind the when the character fired the gun. If you guys didn't get this then it could of been because I was hosted all rounds.

Can't really comment on the sound since the headphones wouldn't give any audio, I was using a pc monitor
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 am

I guess this thread will do for the PC demo, too.

Does anyone else get no in-game sound when using their G35s? As I do not but it works fine on speakers and I told it to check and my G35 says it's up-to-date driver wise... my speakers aren't spectacular *sigh*

Edit: Also, when I startup on speakers I get the Crytek/EA logos and the tutorial vid, but not with headset.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 am

shit forgot the demo was out today, wooo!

KarmaFTW wrote:
I was hosted all rounds.
does that mean it was peer to peer multiplayer, like cod? I thought there are dedi servers, or are there both p2p and dedicated?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 am

It's dedi servers for pc. And it hasn't come out yet, as far as I know, 1st of March in California is 7pm Vic time 1st of March
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 am

where from?

EIDT: found it

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 am

Yeah had thought it would be up from 1 of march PST time :\ should have it in 9mins
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:12 am

i cant seem to log on, anyone else having these troubles, saying no network connection
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 am

open ports on ur modem...firewall issue?
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 am

lol have no idea how to do that
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 am

SLOW DOWNLOAD Sad 300KB/S
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 am

lol i dl'd at 2.3 off internode adsl im happy, but you i havee disabled my firewall/NAT, wondows firewall, avg, anything remotely firewallish to prevail, as soon as i click login, i get network connection errors, annoyin the sit out of me, if people have a clue to the fix let me know,

boots
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:16 am

It was faster for me on my connection to drive to a friends, get him to dl it, and drive back.
So far I've nearly spat the dummy and cancelled my preorder.. impressions are:
WARNING: VERY NEGATIVE
Spoiler:

Last edited by your dog on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:30 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

What server are you guys playing on? every server says amsterdam and every ping is 0.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 am

node is what i played on

Quote :
- Very much COD
- Gameplay feels incredibly fucking slow
- The automatic grab onto ledge stuff pisses me off as the camera bounces around stupidly I can't see what's on the other side
- No resemblance to any other Crysis mp.
- Love the shotty (although it has shit range and does not resemble the original) and pistol works just as well
- Cloak is even easier to see, constantly rape people who are in it
- Spawn is shit, spawned many times right in front of enemies and just died
- Not in armor = immediate death
- Energy drain is ridiculous

More:

- The 'air stomp' leaves people incredibly vulnerable, I laughed as some guy did it to me and i just pistoled him.
- Latency issues are retarded, I watched a killcam show a bullet headshot me through solid, impenatrable wall. Actually made me laugh.
- Speed mode is non existant, you are essentially punished for sprinting.

exactly my thoughts....wish i didn't pre order Sad

BACK TO WARS!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

oh and getting fuck all hit reg....fucking retarded
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 am

use the filter search for AUS, all the games.on (internode) serves have [AUS] in front of their name
then organise by players.

I'm on #14 atm, under the name whysosrs.
I'm doing pretty shit but better than most people.

Tulzer wrote:

exactly my thoughts....wish i didn't pre order Sad
I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder and saving it for BF3 or something..

Oh and I just discovered there are arbitrary insivible walls everywhere. in Pier 17 if you jump off in the water, to the west you can't swim under the docks you just get blocked from ages away, and are forced to swim to the only ramp out of the water, while you cannot fight back.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm

I have no sound at all in the game for some reason. I just love the Nanosuit 0.2
Plenty have complained about Crytek before, I've always loved them for making such a solid game, full of freedom and mobility, with so much depth and barely any restriction.
It sucks to feel how much in the wrong direction Crytek have gone with this port.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 pm

This is what i had feared would be the case. Is it worth the dl to try????

Last edited by ARNY84FTW on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm

ARNY84FTW wrote:
This is what had i feared would be the case. Is it worth the dl to try????
Yes, try it first at least so you can see what people like and dislike about it, its only 1.6gb anyways i guess.. it could save you from making a bad decision.

I think tomorrow I will cancel my preorder, I just don't really like what crysis 2 is now.
I don't even think heavily modded servers could save it, though if they come out then ill just buy it then.
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Avalost wrote:
I have no sound at all in the game for some reason. I just love the Nanosuit 0.2
Plenty have complained about Crytek before, I've always loved them for making such a solid game, full of freedom and mobility, with so much depth and barely any restriction.
It sucks to feel how much in the wrong direction Crytek have gone with this port.

Serval wrote:
I guess this thread will do for the PC demo, too.

Does anyone else get no in-game sound when using their G35s? As I do not but it works fine on speakers and I told it to check and my G35 says it's up-to-date driver wise... my speakers aren't spectacular *sigh*

Edit: Also, when I startup on speakers I get the Crytek/EA logos and the tutorial vid, but not with headset.

People (well, 1 person) on the GON forums have had the same issue and have a G35 just like me.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

yeah they didn't work on the dev release...oops...i mean.....wat?
Back to top Go down
DANGERDAN

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Anyone having issue with sound need to change the output settings on their sound devices, Headsets like the g35 use the dolby headphone surround technology, so what you need to do is change the speaker setup for stereo only as the game bugs when you try to run it in multichannel.

For people with sound cards that use Dolby technolgy as well, you will need to change the channels to two in the software panel. Then you must reboot the game for it to take effect.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 pm

So after a few hours, 3ish I think I've maxed the level cap and the abilities, with most of the unlocks. It certainly does have a very different feel but a couple of things annoyed me, mostly they were sound lol. Little things like the ticking of the countdown clock. The ingame countdown to the start of the game going from 15 seconds stopping at 4 reseting to 5 and going again. And that the sound is delayed by lots in the killcam.

While the killcam is good to have it really shows you how badly some people aim, and sometimes it makes you wonder how you even died at all lol.

I won't be cancelling my preorder, but I'm really hoping for a bit more of a challenge in MP. The only thime my kd was under 1 was when I was using the shotgun. Any other time it was above, with a couple of rounds in the 16-2, 21-6 region. The shotgun feels underpowered to me as it takes an entire clip to maybe kill someone. the scar and heavy gun on the other hand certainly don't.

The automatic speed mode when sprinting is taking a bit to get used to, and I really think it's been implented wrongly. Using q and e for suit mode on the other hand is a good change I think.

I'll have to have another play tomorrow once I've taken a break.

Oh, and you can't use chat while you are dead. You never get time when you are alive.

As for performance I have no idea what the settings related to. Advanced? Gamer? Hardcore? low medium and high would be a good change.

Changing strength jump to double tap space would solve that problem as well.

And yes I agree that they were a little over zealous with the HDR.

On the whole I enjoyed it and I think it would make a really handy Lan game if we get support for that.

I realised while running the game that I was only using stereo, but I guess if surround bugs it out I'll have to settle for that. Sad I think I use my ears more than my eyes in games sometimes LOL.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

I pretty much always just use speakers, I'm guessing maybe the game just dislikes my soundcard. Edit: Thanks Dan

You never appeared to push the suit's potential arny so you might not mind this, a lot of the time you seemed content sitting in places where you tried to constantly pick people off, so limitation of movement and zooming a lot, at least before there are lasers, might suit your style.

For now I am very disappoint in Crytek. Even though I came first on my team a few times, slow zoom in to win games aren't my thing, not to mention the strange lag I got in aus servers. And idk if more open aiming by lasers can save it for me.
At this point Crytek seem to have gone full console, you never go full retard.

Last edited by Avalost on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 pm

ARNY84FTW wrote:
This is what had i feared would be the case. Is it worth the dl to try????

Game is defs worth the download to try. Sound will not work with a USB headset though, since I have a steelseries headset I did not have a problem.

Initial impression of the game for me was that it is great, as a person that has played in over 100 CoD scrims both competitively and casually I can immediately tell that this game is going to be a big team game for the clans involved. Just playing crash site showed that if you used a bit of teamwork on TS you could dominate the game easily, plus the standard of players on the beta atm is pretty low. I am looking forward to seeing what other modes the full game will provide.

The graphics were ok, the lighting on skyline was a bit blinding. The demo is unashamedly a console port, however I think it was just brought out to appease the PC crowd, I think the actual game will be a full PC version.

The game is smooth, the guns handle well, the perk system is really good and the killstreaks I have found to be underpowered (gunship can't even get a kill for me).

This game is CoD, but a substantially better CoD and I look forward to seeing what the competitive scene is like. I reached lvl 10 with most things unlocked in a matter of hours so there isn't too much to the demo, but it is just enough to wet your appetite.

A powerstruggle mode would be welcome, even without vehicles and I am still hoping there will a similar mode in the final release.

Overall, I think the demo is great, I will definitely be buying the game and it is worth a look. But when you go into it do not expect to see Crysis Wars, this is an entirely different game with a different focus (being balanced and successful).
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 am

- Very much COD
- Gameplay feels incredibly fucking slow [ Feels way faster than C1 to me lol]
- The automatic grab onto ledge stuff pisses me off as the camera bounces around stupidly I can't see what's on the other side [ i love it, heaps better than just jump up]
- No resemblance to any other Crysis mp. [ oh wow 2 maps really paint a picture of the whole thing ]
- Love the shotty (although it has shit range and does not resemble the original) and pistol works just as well
- Cloak is even easier to see, constantly rape people who are in it [ I played with a few guys that say otherwise Razz]
- Spawn is shit, spawned many times right in front of enemies and just died [ only happened to me once in about 8 hours play last night ]
- Not in armor = immediate death [ as it should be ]
- Energy drain is ridiculous [ Work around it... Its not c1, differnt suit brosef ]

More:

- The 'air stomp' leaves people incredibly vulnerable, I laughed as some guy did it to me and i just pistoled him. [ once you upgrade it, it has a lower stun time ]
- Latency issues are retarded, I watched a killcam show a bullet headshot me through solid, impenatrable wall. Actually made me laugh. [ some walls are penatrable ]
- Speed mode is non existant, you are essentially punished for sprinting. [ i have no probs with the nrg drain on sprining ]

I should elaborate, crysis was hailed as having a fairly realistic shotgun. In C2 its now a cod clone shotty. bullets magically disappear after 5 metres. [ realistic shotgun? how do you know if its realistic when its shooting a fucking dude in some super suit that we will never know about? ]

EDIT:

- Tried the sniper, pretty good but retardedly easy to use. [ tis epic Very Happy ]
- Grenades have possibly the worst throwing arc, like a little girl. Don't know if you can strength throw or anything [ nah you cant strength throw, have had a few good throws, others not so much ]
- Grenades also have a much larger explosion that magically reaches you anywhere [ it has a large damage range, but tapers off very quickly ]
- If crytek learnt anything from DICE, it's that making M60 style machineguns overpowered is apparently the cool thing to do. spray and pray away. [ m60 isnt over powered lol ]
- Melee is pathetic [ melee is very good. This isnt c1 ]
- There is noticeable latency issues much like cod, especially with hit reg (on that note, unless you ADS, you can't hit shit) [ then use ads? not lag issues here ]

On occasion i've tapped Q to get armor for when i see and engage an enemy, then after went out of armor. immediately i would press q and engage armor mode again because i see another enemy yet they magically shoot through all my armor energy suddenly, like theres a delay before its engaged even though the man in my suit says other wise. [ there is a transition time ]
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 am

its good to see u oppose everything they have said....but thats is just ur opinion
could of expressed it in a nicer way than like saying, that everything they said is wrong, kind of way
1 good opinion of the game.....can we have a poll....

just also want to add that i did play it for as long as i could...but it was very repetitive and so it became boring....unlike the many many ways to play the originals.
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:01 am

lol man you guys are giant knobs lol.
Have fun in c1/wars then... doubt ill see you in c2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:10 am

why thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 am

Well I cant log in, says my connection is fked, which is completely wrong, my firewall is off and I run thru admin and it wont work.

Regarding the game:
You can't blame pc players for there negative views considering the first thing you see is "press START to begin", it is around 60% different to the previous titles if crytek kept it true to them then you would see much less console players buying it. I like the motion blur and the constant moving also the FOV is higher than regular games (lol troppo). Some are saying the layout will be different when the retail is out for pc, but why would they do this to pc, its a stupid move by crytek, because alot of cysis fans are not enjoying the demo.
The 6v6 player count is good...... only on a small map like skyline, once on pier 17 then is its boring.

I was using the air stomp a few times got some awesome kills with it, its inconvenient and rarely works.
The shotgun is awesome only in tight fights, but for distance shots I normally pick up a scar as secondary. I also don't see why we need to be in stealth to knife some guy from the back? If your already behind him it doesn't matter if he can't see you. Cloak is easy to spot but as the retail comes out there will be modules to unlock for longer and almost invisible cloak.

This game is much different to the originals it is definitely made to please the console players or players who want a bc2, cod style of shooter. And if anyone can be happy to play any other fps endlessly then this is a polished regular fps with cool features.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

KarmaFTW wrote:

because alot of cysis fans are not enjoying the demo.

Who is that? the 8 aussie players and the 20 regulars on BROS? lol

My review was one sided so I thought I would also mention i dislike the friends system, the snipers (don't even have to aim to get headshots) and the server filter system (which i don't like on most games). Also a heads up to anyone playing, the games.on.net servers have been screwing up and not starting the game, US servers are ok to play on, hit reg is slightly worse.
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:05 am

Demo is fuckloads of fun.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 am

Demo is awesome!

I enjoyed last nights games.

FooisM constantly staining on top a build. Got me with so many headshots last night

Can't wait to get back home and play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 am

Well I like the game myself, still will buy it, just what I meant by the statement above is players who dislike the cod series and other same style games won't like this title, I was looking at the games on net forum and several players are disappointed. It feels like crytek where never going to release a demo for pc in the first place, the server browser is like something you would see on a 360, the "press start to begin" not being able to change the graphical setting. Just hoping it won't turn into another bc2 thing where nothing is changed from beta; not being able to see and chat while dead, friends system all weird. This in all could be douche ea that changed crytek to be more mainstream......

btw my ingame names is DANGER-DAN.
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:04 am

I was frequently being discon'd from the servers I was on earlier today (but maybe it was just the GON servers) and it's annoying finding local ones as the Oceania filter doesn't have any servers in it and the pings don't usually show up (there must be at least 50 of those 0 ping Amsterdam servers). The filter for regions doesn't actually seem to stop it from looking at every other region either as it tells you at the bottom how many servers it's filtered out so I hope it isn't BC2 style bad on launch.

Seeing as Serval was taken and I can't be 00Serval (those are zeros making it "Double Oh Serval") I am OOServal (which is still "Double Oh Serval", but literally with O's not 0's).
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 am

Charlie wrote:
Demo is awesome!

I enjoyed last nights games.

FooisM constantly staining on top a build. Got me with so many headshots last night

Can't wait to get back home and play Very Happy

Haha height is a great advantage in this! You playing as charlie?

KarmaFTW wrote:
Well I like the game myself, still will buy it, just what I meant by the statement above is players who dislike the cod series and other same style games won't like this title, I was looking at the games on net forum and several players are disappointed. It feels like crytek where never going to release a demo for pc in the first place, the server browser is like something you would see on a 360, the "press start to begin" not being able to change the graphical setting. Just hoping it won't turn into another bc2 thing where nothing is changed from beta; not being able to see and chat while dead, friends system all weird. This in all could be douche ea that changed crytek to be more mainstream......

btw my ingame names is DANGER-DAN.
Oh so thats you Razz
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 am

Yeah mycrysis doesn't like my account like some other guys, but Dan helped me out Smile.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 am

I like the demo, even after raging about all the cloakers. But I deal with them with ease now so all good. This isn't Crysis as we knew it. But its certainly not cod either. Game of its own I would like to say. Plenty of more dynamics than COD. I think it's a good game if you play it the way it is meant to be played. Armour mode is quite epic too. Been able to take on 3 guys at once at times. Though very hard. You just have to be quick around the map and you should be fine.

I do have some issues with the game though, like snipers seem to have auto fucking aim, which pisses me off beyond belief because the fucking stupid sniper is semi auto-fucking-matic anyway and allows camping stains to shoot you from half way across pier 17 with ease.. bullshit. Cos the cunt gets a headshot and when I look at the first person replay, I don't remember his cross-hair being anywhere near my head. Thats my only issue, aside from that everything is awesome.

I shall have more abuse to type toward the sniper class in the future I am sure, for now I have to go though. Fucking snipers...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 am

sErBz wrote:
I do have some issues with the game though, like snipers seem to have auto fucking aim, which pisses me off beyond belief because the fucking stupid sniper is semi auto-fucking-matic anyway and allows camping stains to shoot you from half way across pier 17 with ease.. bullshit. Cos the cunt gets a headshot and when I look at the first person replay, I don't remember his cross-hair being anywhere near my head. Thats my only issue, aside from that everything is awesome.

I shall have more abuse to type toward the sniper class in the future I am sure, for now I have to go though. Fucking snipers...
rofl serbz if you are playing as your default name, that was me. Razz

I saw you a couple of games while trying sniper on pier17 and got some awesome headshots (trust me, I lined up my sights well) as well as taking out a few others. Very Happy
A few times though I just spammed it.

I play under the name 'whysosrs'. Tried using chat to talk to you but I think it's not very noticeable.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 am

Yeah chat feature is very slow to respond and hard to read, not being able to read while dead doesn't help also
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 am

your dog wrote:
sErBz wrote:

rofl serbz if you are playing as your default name, that was me. Razz

I saw you a couple of games while trying sniper on pier17 and got some awesome headshots (trust me, I lined up my sights well) as well as taking out a few others. Very Happy
A few times though I just spammed it.

I play under the name 'whysosrs'. Tried using chat to talk to you but I think it's not very noticeable.

Yeah you and fucking imba made me rage.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 am

@Wounded: Lol! Smile
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 am

Wounded wrote:
your dog wrote:
This pretty much sums me up
Or this
such a cunt
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:32 am

I find using the snipers in this one of the things that may make me cancel my pre-order (if you even can with the EA store..) - I have found a sensitivity I like for normal play but when I look through a sniper scope it becomes way to slowed down for my liking (almost as if they assumed I would be using an aiming method that doesn't allow for high accuracy unless it has no sensitivity...) so whenever I am trying to shoot someone who is moving my aim is never where I want it to be. Of course if MyCrysis was actually working I could ask if I will be able to customise the sensitivity when looking through scopes, but it isn't.

Crysis 2 demo first impressions NotAmused2
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 am

Works for me bro.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:46 am

Is there a way to jump over small parts of the map without jumping 2 metres above the object?
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 am

As much as I hate so many decisions I'm going to keep giving the game a shot and trying to adjust for now. I hope some things, like the obvious portiness is fixed up in the full release.

Last edited by Avalost on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
Is there a way to jump over small parts of the map without jumping 2 metres above the object?
Have you tried just lightly tapping spacebar rather than pressing it hard or holding it?
Holding 'jump' uses strength jump essentially, but tapping is a normal bunny hop kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Jumping when you are at a small ledge seems to do a small jump for me.

So, I was playing earlier tonight, but now I'll log in. find one of the 2 servers that aren't full. Get into teh lobby. The level will start and then I will be disconnected completely login and all. Back in Windows land, xfire has dc'd and so has msn.

We need more aussie servers and the removal of all those bloody amsterdam ones.

Saw some of you guys in a server, but the game crashed on the level loading screen. Was looking forward to that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top