Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

oh yeh it is well established. what i meant was in terms of my preference. i enjoyed cod, but this tops it for me, and i doubt ill be playing cod anytime soon when this comes out
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 pm

as for my 2 cents, i know alot have been saying it's like cod and i gotta agree with those statements. the only difference is the nanosuit and u cant get 200 kills in a round. they didn't stick with the uniqness of the original, game play isn't the same anymore. they changed what they originally had to something thats been around for 10 years. i believe they could of started a new side to gaming and got bigger, they were different in everyway and with this release i am not 2 impressed. however i will buy the game cos i need another game to play but it's not someting i am going to b leaving work early for or staying up all night playing.

and still cant believe they haven't fixed that hit reg bullshit.

anyway we shell see what happens in the full release.
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:24 pm

your dog wrote:
DaemonFTW wrote:
People survive thigh amputations, never heard of a person surviving a torso amputation.
Getting a thigh amuptation in a sterilised, 21st century hospital by expert surgeons and doctors, and getting shot in the leg are two completely different things.

Surely you've heard of the Femoral Artery? If that gets cut, you're fucked.

It's just one of those things that just makes me stop playing the game and ask what they were thinking.. then I realise its an arcade game and I just walk away.

But you can't really question it though. The game is set in the year 2020+ the story revolves around a solider in a nanosuit, which doesn't exist defending New York from aliens. Besides they must of done the damage increase to the arms because in a 1v1 the other player most of times faces you so there arms are covering the chest to fire so if they made the arms sustain less damage then you will have many complaining about the high amount of shots to kill a player.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

getting too realistic there doggy lol. next thing ya know, people are asking why the player isnt stumbling whilst getting shot in the leg, or why the player isnt slowing down after being pummelled by bullets Razz

no one really shoots for the legs unless they can't aim of course lol. ill go for a headshot or the chest depending on what type of cover i have. only time i go for the feet is if its the only thing i can see of a player. increase the damage to legs and then no ones going for headshots lol.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:48 pm

They've certianly done something to the servers lol. I was getting a ping of 9 by the end of my session tonight LOL. Oh, and the scar is rediculously overpowered. Using another gun makes it a bit of a challenge.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:39 am

ColdPreacher wrote:
no one really shoots for the legs unless they can't aim of course lol.
I do.. Sad

Because I can't aim Razz

I don't think anyone would stop shooting for the head, given headshots are recorded and its prestigous to get them.
And yeah, most people aim for center of mass anyways, which will get the torso or head.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 am

or nothing at all when we talk about hit reg and crysis 2
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 am

Tulzer wrote:
or nothing at all when we talk about hit reg and crysis 2
lol
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm

I just can't believe they made cloak even more annoying than in the first. I am constantly walking right past homo's in cloak and getting shot in the dick because of it. At least in the original you had a chance to survive if someone got the jump on you, but with the ease of death in this game it's getting increasingly frustrating. Not to mention you could hear the homos in the first game. I really dislike having to run around the map constantly changing in and out of nano vision just to check for gaylords hiding.

I hope the full release differs a fair bit or i may just skip this one.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:02 pm

man, my biggest kil booster was the cloak detector, once you have that installed they are glitching homos and are easy kills, give that ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Um boots if you didn't know that cloak detector is shit, it only works sometimes, from what ia gather its only when they enter cloak in your vacinity other then that its fuckn useless, as for entering nano vision constantly, i understand where your comming from Jim, its fuckn gay having to toggle that and balance its usage with speed mode, and armour etc, not to mention when you get in the shit you have to disable it or it takes away from your energy you can use for better use like armour. its a real fuckn peice of shit
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah I'm starting to get over how noob friendly this game is atm. Hopefully that changes when everything works properly. And hopefully it was a one off seeing some Aus servers flooded with dumb pingers.
I also wish they would make you live for longer but I doubt that would change, annoying to be running about but then die from the most spastic spray.
Still mixed feelings about it all right now. Not simply cod but simply not Crysis enough yet.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:23 pm

g_revivetime = 0 would be good...
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Also just had my first game with a hacker, great.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm

i use it all the time, its one of my perks, and it works all the time for me, clearly showing where they are, maybe its the graphics difference, mine being on high apposed to being on low maybe, i dont know but it works

boots
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

well thats one thing for one person.....crytek thats a good score you have there Razz
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:22 pm

yeah i got mine cranked to the max too boots, maybe its just Cryteks lastest fail of a game
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I don't think I'll be buying this game. I have enjoyed this game to a degree. Though not to the degree where I would go and fork out $100 for it. Its a great game in it's own right. Just not great for me. As Ava said, and as I have said to some people on TS. Its not CoD, but it's certainly not Crysis. I'll still keep in touch with everyone though Smile
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 am

the question is if there was a full on vanilla crysis mod which brang back all the original great stuff from the original....would you people buy it and then play the mod?

because i'm sure there wiil be a huge amount of modders that will be wanting to do that
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

Well im still trying to like this game but i fear unless things change with the retail release it could be a lost cause for me.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 am

Lol, sorry about that jimmy I was just on a hot streak last night. Going back to the scar made things too easy.

I find that I'm listening more for the suit changing mode sounds than footsteps now. I've always found the cloak detector to work. The one that tells you if someone is nearby on the other hand, is only is stereo which is useless with surround.

I'd probably play the mod more, but only after finishing vanilla Cry2.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

Tulzer wrote:
the question is if there was a full on vanilla crysis mod which brang back all the original great stuff from the original....would you people buy it and then play the mod?

because i'm sure there wiil be a huge amount of modders that will be wanting to do that
Depends on how good the mod is as to whether I'd buy it asap or wait for bargain prices.

at the same time, I don't just want Crysis 2.0
It'd be nice to mix it up a bit with some new features I'm sure people can come up with, just as long as that core gameplay is maintained from Wars (preferred the pace in that game than vanilla, which I didn't play much)
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:34 pm

just FYI - most likely moddable...

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Nigs
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Nig
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Nigp
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Nigl

Seems theyre still using lua ;D

havnt tried modding anything yet.... might try and see if it works ingame .. tho repacking might be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

I can confirm power struggle is IN the game still (:
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

sorry to disappoint the preorder-eres the dog tags are achievable by alittle modding Razz

Game modes:

Type name="GameRules"
Attr name="SinglePlayer"
Attr name="AllOrNothing"
Attr name="Assault"
Attr name="BombTheBase"
Attr name="CaptureTheFlag"
Attr name="Countdown"
Attr name="CrashSite"
Attr name="Extraction"
Attr name="InstantAction"
Attr name="PowerStruggleLite"
Attr name="TeamInstantAction"
/Type
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 pm

yeah bud i already knew about that extraction way...was having fuck loads of problem repacking and shit so i think i'll pass......dont know if you should posty up screenies....but this is older than the leaked version and that had more stuff than this....

edit:
also the full version will be released like wars.....all the pak files will be just in the folder.....the nigel thing is just to keep hackers at bay for the demo while they get punkbuster and crytek implemented anti cheat solutions with the full release
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:09 am

Tulzer @ your avatar don't you mean Crysis 2 or Modern Warefare 3, cause if there ever was a Modern Warfare 3 it would pretty much be what Crysis 2 is now. The demo needs to not do minor rip offs from CoD and try to be something its not.
I guess I'm griping but meh. I'll still buy it I think if not for multiplayer for singleplayer and even that seems like its going down the shitter (storyline wise).
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:18 am

sp is looking to be great. have enjoyed watching the trailers for the sp. especially the one that picks up on prophet's journey. will be the first thing i jump into
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 am

my first impression is alright, now i love it.
Back to top Go down
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Ive been playing it every night for a week on Xbox. Just 2 maps, limited equipment, graphics still arent up to scratch and yet, it shits on Cod.

On the second round i played i did awesome, i got a triple kill and I came first in the match by alot of points. I got the Lone Wolf dog tag, the Pardon? (i think thats it) dog tag and the Genocide dog tag.
I really enjoy it, cant wait for the campaign. Very Happy

Im also suprised at how many people play it Shocked
Atm i think im in the 30000's of world rank. But i noticed when i first started playing it was somewhere between 140,000 & 150,000, thats a fair few people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm

after browsing through Nigel, i actually think Crysis 2 will be a great game, the PC demo was impromtu for crytek, which is probably why it seems abit iffy / but i reckon it will turn out great.

Yea its not like crysis vanilla or wars, but moving on is what gamers do Razz
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm

WTF = "PowerStruggleLite"

Silky smooth eye candy after taste and only half the calories.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 am

I think that removing the energy factories and having a fixed rate of increase could be an option for PS lite. Simpler to understand.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 am

Idk if I understand that.. lol. Good small PS maps would work. But we don't know if half these modes will even be touched. We can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:20 am

o.0 lite.... probably just infantry maps. I could image Crytek creating a DLC for the vehicles....
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 am

Charlie wrote:
o.0 lite.... probably just infantry maps. I could image Crytek creating a DLC for the vehicles....
If we had to pay just to play on maps that support vehicles, Crytek can go fuck themselves.

*NOTE* That's a big 'if'.
.. or is it?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:56 am

vehicles are looking promising Wink
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Rilord

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 am

Unlike most people on this forum, I really enjoy the demo. I have no problem with cloakers because I cloak a fair bit too Razz
And now that I have changed the controls to suit me its way more enjoyable. I'll defs get it and might pre-order it Razz
Will be good to see how the other modes play as I think crash site is a really good team mode (except for the people who don't go for it)
It's nothing like crysis 1 and I think its a step in the right direction. I like how its more noob friendly too because there are more close games rather than ava just running around owning everyone in wars Razz
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah its noob friendly, abit too much though. It is to easy to get 3+ k/d. That's something that will bring the new players in and also drive out the original guys.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:59 am

Came across my first hacker yesterday. Firing a jackal twice the standard rate, within cloak with nanovision enabled kind of gives it away. That being said, he was a really bad hacker and came almost last.

Also tried out what the lag was like over long distances, and I must say that I'm impressed. I was playing on a seatle server with a guy from crymod and the only time I noticed the lag was when sniping. 250ms is certainlyplayable and doesn't really detract from the gameplay.

The lag on the chat still annoys me though.
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

well i just got a refund from steam for Cry2, as much as i play the deo cant really get into it, hopefully bf3 will b good when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Well I will pay off my pre-order soon, I bought gay ops why not a game that is much better ?
Back to top Go down
SieGe
SieGe

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:33 am

Its impressive that you are able to play on a American based server without getting any in game lag.

The pistol is pretty BS since it shoots as fast as you can click so Armor mod + pistol = win, not to mention that when you go to punch someone your character does a little speed boost to get closer fast, so all you got to do is press crouch so the other player has no idea whats going on.

Light machine gun is op as well
Back to top Go down
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:14 am

I really enjoy the demo! I dont understand all the hate, cloakers arent a problem if your an armour addict like me, once you hear them or they start shooting, if your quick you can always kill them before they kill you. And its not really "Noob Friendly", theres still people on the scoreboard who have 17/k 5/d and those who are 6/k 12/d.

@ SeiGe,
The LMG is ok (its great if you have the Aim Assistance armour mod), but i use the SCAR with Reflex and Silencer or the DSG1 with Reflex.

The thing that bugs me is the shotgunners, the Jackal has crap range but if they get close enough its a 1 hit kill. And, im not sure if its the Reflex Scope or the Aim Assistance mod that helps this, but one of those gives the Jackal extra range which is very annoying. And I think it would be good if the running/jogging pace was increased a little, its a little frustrating when your low on energy and you have to get out of an area at a walking pace.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 pm

SieGe wrote:
Armor mod + pistol = win
Light machine gun is op as well
Glad someone agrees with me

This TV trailer is terrible, rap doesn't work with Crysis:

Here are some better alternatives:

http://tubedubber.com/#43_DQgF-lfQ:wfxIa-643zI:0:100:0:0:true

http://www.tubedubber.com/#43_DQgF-lfQ:LNmovKozk5M:0:100:0:25:true

Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah I thought that the TV spot was well below the quality of the other too. haven't had a look at the alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm

they should of used the original preview of crysis 2....with some recent gameplay footage for the add.....but once again crytek shows that they have lost touch with what is good and what shouldn't be done
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

zygurt wrote:
Yeah I thought that the TV spot was well below the quality of the other too. haven't had a look at the alternatives.
If you're talking about the tubedubbers i posted, you're in for a surprise.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Still haven't clicked them Mr. Dog lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top