Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tulzer
Tulzer

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:43 pm

i would like to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:54 pm

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/faith/crysis-2-being-re-designed-for-gtx580-expect-delays/
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/faith/nvidias-2-million-crysis/
wrote:
No one can say for certain if Crysis 2 will become the same benchmarking standard as the original, but nVidia is taking no chances.

nVidia is taking no chances to the tune of $2 Million.

For that, it will not only want exclusive marketing rights – nVidia will also want to make sure that Crysis 2 is stressing the right parts of the graphics card

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-news/968816-mycrysis-crysis-2-no-sandbox3-editor.html
wrote:
* The retail version of Crysis 2 will be released as a DX9 version. Regardless of the settings, you cannot 'enable' the DX10 visuals/features.
* The three official settings for the graphics are - 'Good', 'Very Good' and 'Extreme'. There is possibly a 'Maximum Extreme' setting, though not in the retail version. If we use 'Good' as a reference, 'Very high' only adds Ambient occlusion, where 'Extreme' blurs the image, in a bad way.
* The 'first day' patch doesn't enable the DX10 or DX11 visuals. It simply renames the old settings (Gamer, Adv. and Hardcore) to - Good, Very Good and Extreme.
* Even if the SandBox 3 editor is included in the leaked beta, there is no SandBox 3 editor in the retail version of the game. Many modders think it will be released in summer as a lite SDK.
* Camarillo (Crysis2 Director) still didn't confirm DX11. Camarillo said, "Crysis 2 will support DirectX 11 but we'll talk more about that in the future." But later, he added "We'll look at whether that's a possibility." Also, there is no trace of DX11 files in the retail version.
wrote:
If you played the demo/leak, then what you saw is what you're about to get.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11559/crysis-2-pc-plagued-by-launch-problems
wrote:
* Their serial registry codes are already “in use”
* The game asks for a serial code every time a player wants to engage in multiplayer, and often ends up with the problem above
* Preorder bonus codes won’t work
* The game won’t load
* The lack of PC graphic options
* The lack of DirectX 11 support

The day one patch addresses the following issues:

* Server Browser shows incorrect pings – Fixed
* Some matches never initiate – Fixed
* Faster text chat – As speedy as can be
* Console re-enabled – Console has been re-activated
* Cheat detection – Now in place to ensure all users are on a level playing field
* Fix USB headset issues – Current issues have been addressed and fixed
* Fix hologram icon staying on screen after being used – Fixed
* Remove Auto Aim – This has now been completely removed due to overwhelming community feedback

I say; fuck right off.
But lets hear what people who bought the game had to say.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Idk how long my preorder will take to get to me lol so still wait to play it for myself.
I am saddened by knowing a lot has been lost due to Crytek's console focus, but a review like this one paints Crysis 2 in a better picture than some of what I've heard, so even if it's not up to Crytek's standards for me, it might be and I hope is still better than many other games atm.

Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Why do people whinge about small issues and not play the game for as it is! WHO CARES IF IT SAYS PRESS ENTER TO START. WHO CARES IF YOU CANT FULLY MOD YOUR GRAPHICS TO ULTRA SETTINGS. The game is already gorgeous, I'm playing SP and it's good so far, levels are really nice everything is working well so far no hassles.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 am

i hope this is true....for the sake of pc gaming

Quote :
Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli in a statement said that groups of crackers entitled SKIDROW and RAZOR 1911 signed an official agreement that can not influence games from Crytek, the only group’s would be able to cir **** vent the encrypted source code of Crysis 2™ will not do,this does not prevent other groups trying to beat encryption the game but they will not be able to do this.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 am

Dog seriously your involvement in bashing the game but not having it is really stupid. Are you disappointed it doesn't have DX11? You don't even have high end hardware to support DX11, the game is fun it does look good.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am

Dessicrater wrote:
Why do people whinge about small issues and not play the game for as it is! WHO CARES IF IT SAYS PRESS ENTER TO START. WHO CARES IF YOU CANT FULLY MOD YOUR GRAPHICS TO ULTRA SETTINGS. The game is already gorgeous, I'm playing SP and it's good so far, levels are really nice everything is working well so far no hassles.
Because it is being marketed as a premium AAA title, there is no room for mistakes. Especially ones that were present in the beta and demo which should have been fixed long ago

Because it is Crytek's flagship video game. This video game reflects them personally as a company. It even has half their name in the title, 'cry'sis, not crisis.

KarmaFTW wrote:
Are you disappointed it doesn't have DX11? You don't even have high end hardware to support DX11, the game is fun it does look good.
Spoiler:

Last edited by your dog on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 am

Tulzer wrote:
i hope this is true....for the sake of pc gaming

Quote :
Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli in a statement said that groups of crackers entitled SKIDROW and RAZOR 1911 signed an official agreement that can not influence games from Crytek, the only group’s would be able to cir **** vent the encrypted source code of Crysis 2™ will not do,this does not prevent other groups trying to beat encryption the game but they will not be able to do this.
What, how would they convince two groups of people who pirate games, to sign an official document?
They wouldn't want to do anything that compromises them. So what can they possibly get out of agreeing to not crack crysis2?
Can't be a payoff or anything like that.. that doesn't make sense.

whats the source?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:12 am

No the opinion that you have is, the game doesn't come with this and that, therefore I am not purchasing this game. Someone that actually purchased the game would take the stand that you are. You knew what the company would do, their was countless times people said what wasn't included, you aren't forced to buy it so why continue on this rant about why you don't like the game that you didn't buy.

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions Cat10

Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:05 am

that requires a lol
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 am

i like the game, your just shit at it, little ragin homo
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 am

Rofl....he makes his appearance Very Happy

yeah i'm pretty convinced on getting it in the next few weeks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 am

QuAcKsFTW wrote:
your dog wrote:
Dessicrater wrote:
Because it is being marketed as a premium AAA title, there is no room for mistakes. Especially ones that were present in the beta and demo which should have been fixed long ago

Because it is Crytek's flagship video game. This video game reflects them personally as a company. It even has half their name in the title, 'cry'sis, not crisis.

KarmaFTW wrote:
Are you disappointed it doesn't have DX11? You don't even have high end hardware to support DX11, the game is fun it does look good.
Spoiler:

Did you even read the thread title. You havent purchased the fucking game so your opinion is completely invalid. You dont like the game, we fucking know this, stop posting with your complaints about the game and why you arent going to purchase it because no 1 gives a shit you moron.

edit: feel free to edit this post moderators

Wounded although I agree with your sentiments, please refrain from posting using Quacks account. Either make another personal account or post as a guest.
Thanks,
Cos.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:43 am

Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options Application Version 1.2

there is a post on mycrysis with an application that gives more graphical control to users instead of the three options in game. Like teak AA and remove motion blur.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12953
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 am

decided to buy the game for some reason. i bought the game from steam DL speeds were good. peak DR was 2.5 Mb/s and average was 1.6 Mb/s. DL time was around 2 hours and 10 mins.
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 am

grrr steam's not letting me download...says preparing files...and then a message pops up saying steam server's are busy blah blah try again later :/
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 am

Can any 1 tell me how big the dl is????
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:44 am

steam says 9-10gb.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 am

Cool thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm

just under 10
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:35 pm

At first I was a bit undecided about the game, but I am enjoying it now. I am finding it a lot more difficult than the beta and cod and there is a fair bit I dislike about the single player (but that is just personal problems). The game is quite well made, it still has the early release jitters which hopefully will be patched soon.

Some control over servers would be nice, perhaps an rcon, and im sure a sandbox would keep some ppl happy.

I think the game is above most FPS available atm, it really isn't similar to CoD at all, I am actually coming to wish it had some features that cod does have (like decent modes - assault is a joke).

I would definitely purchase this over homefront or any other FPS coming soon, definitely better quality.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 am

multiplayer games need to be longer, 60 min games would be awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:36 am

i dunno.. i dont feel like i could play one 60min game in crysis 2. maybe 30mins at max would feel the best imo.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:50 am

Syler cracks me up according to speedtest.net you connection is slower that 99% of AU and you grade is F-.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:52 am

good old telstra living up to their expectations
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:18 am

I feel sorry for that 1% that has a slower connection than he does
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:23 am

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions 132792-nuke

Fuck this shit
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 am

I am finding the game to b much more enjoyable then the demo. yes the rounds r 2 short and I also would of liked having a base. Overall I do enjoy the game and the fact that u really do need to use all suit modes to stay alive
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:56 am

yes the 1% with a connection slower than me i have sympathy for Razz

i however am thinking of getting a refund from steam though :/ still havn't been able to download crysis 2 yet and its shitting me. ill give em a few more days in the rare case there is a high server load or something like that, but if it's still not downloading i might as well go and buy from ea or gamearena :/
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:15 pm

If anybody is having trouble getting the patch here is a link for manual download

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/crysis-2/pc/crysis-2-day-1-patch/
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 am

Back to top Go down
Greyknight66

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:36 am

ahhhh, just got the laser pointer on the SCAR and using point fire for maximum hip accuracy.
even with all this the accuracy is NOWHERE near crysis wars.

Crysis 2 just needs a powerstruggle mode and faster movement (remember strafe glitch and circle jumping?) for it to appeal to my nostalgic cravings
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:47 am

Syler try dl during the day on week days mate, I found it to b the best time to dl from steam. Any other time is a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Greyknight66

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:52 am

lol, although the prolems may be due to his slower than 99% of AU internet connection
Razz
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:16 am

Well the dynamic and volumetric lighting in the PC version runs rings around the consoles so no need to really brag or bag about being able to or not being able to run,it because we all know we get the better finished product on PC. The gameplay is fun at the same time hard & challenging i have enjoyed the single player now on to the multiplayer, i personally like the gameplay i have been a player of a variety of games racing,fps virtual reality(yeah some of you know i do Second Life) action adventure puzzle solving, first person shooters are always a priority and C2 is as good as any if not better than any of the other current releases so to the OP
Tulz i think it's a big thumbs up mate GO THE FRO' afro
PS Dog enough of the fucking novels i can't be fucked getting my glasses every time you cut&paste shit from somewhere else lol!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Mad Aussie Bastard wrote:
PS Dog enough of the fucking novels i can't be fucked getting my glasses every time you cut&paste shit from somewhere else lol!
lol wanker, it's okay I stopped.

A head's up; EDIT: again we dont need to broadcast this....
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 am

For what it's worth, I picked it up yesterday (Sunday) and played for a good few hours single player.

While It doesn't carry a lot of the traits of the original Crysis does, it has introduced a lot of good new features.

It isn't the same as Crysis 1 and nor should it be, what's the point if you buy a game that has the same engine and mechanics just with a few different maps and weapons..

I quite enjoy playing the second title in the Crysis series with different mechanics. That's the way it was intended.

Although much different from the freeplay open areas of the original, it is still a very polished, fun and quite fucking hard at times game.

D.
Back to top Go down
Greyknight66

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 am

yeah, the new features of crysis 2 are great, although any1 see the potential problem of every1 spawning with gauss rifles later on?

its just a shame that all the skills that i developed in crysis wars such as the run and gun aiming and circle jumping, can't be applied in some way to crysis 2.

also you can't get the chance for a general muck around in the game, like you could in wars. can you even get games that go on for longer than around 5 or 10 mins?

also when are we gonna see an FTW server up? Question
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:34 am

Greyknight66 wrote:
yeah, the new features of crysis 2 are great, although any1 see the potential problem of every1 spawning with gauss rifles later on?
also when are we gonna see an FTW server up? Question
That happened in the first crysis, so then they made gauss rifles only available at the prototype facility. No idea what will happen for C2.

Last edited by your dog on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:18 pm

I can confirm that we will be hosting a Public server. I'll keep everyone updated
Back to top Go down
Greyknight66

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 am

yeah, just a server with longer matches, increased time limits and score limits, would be nice, instead of the 5 min thing right now
thanks charlie, looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:59 am

I found this image, thought you guys may find it useful:

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions Weapons
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 am

Cheers Dog, but I think that's possibly the most confusing way that they could have done it LOL. In short, use the Scar.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 am

In shorter I would have thought use the SCARAB Zyggie it has a higher rate of fire GO THE FRO' afro
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:01 am

Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:59 am

Seeing as most people here probably got the LE, can you confirm that your CD-key is 20 characters long and the LE promo code (that you enter on MyCrysis) is 16 characters? That's what I've seen people who bought the game on Steam say and unless the EA store gives you a magic 20 char code that does both (yet is "not found" when used on the MyCrysis redeem code page) then I shall need to pester EA support about only receiving a CD-key with my LE purchase (yes, it is the LE).
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 am

yep thats what i got. a 20 character and a 16character which is the le code
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:45 pm

You've had your post edited again due to nothing but negative comments and gestures. That post isn't even in the right section, this is the retail impressions thread. If you continue to make your statement about the game being crap or putting negative information, they will continue to be edited. Your opinion was noted the first time, do not proceed to push your opinion on others.

Dessicrater.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Put simply, DX11 will be a patch, but is confirmed.
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22276
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions   Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 Retail First and full impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top