Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tulzer
Tulzer

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 am

....limit urself to playing a fucking computer game....by playing the computer game you are limiting urself.....by not accepting other way of play ur limiting urself

now for this Very Happy
Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 132792-nuke
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:15 am

Too many limits in games ruin them for me, it's all I feel in other shooters and the originals were the least restrictive games I've felt. Too bad Crysis 2 does come with more restrictions but I just hope it offers enough to have some sustained fun.

Last edited by Avalost on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:32 am

Avalost wrote:
Yeah well done with your lumping every shooter into one category which is utterly retarded and truly shows me you don't and can't understand where I was coming from.
I didn't lump EVERY shooter, just the MAIN ones because i called it generic and you said it wasn't, so I demonstrated what generic means and how crysis is falling into that category.

Avalost wrote:
I like freedom and ability given to the player so that you can push yourself beyond just sitting and shooting from little strategic, tactical positions or whatever you want to call them. People still did that in Crysis but at least the oppurtunity was given to do more unlike so many other games.
Yes it was given many choices in terms of freely playing the game, I am not disputing that with Crysis or Crysis Wars. If you read my posts, this is all about crysis 2 and how that has fallen into the restricted 'cod-clone' category.

However, you have to recognise that other games still offered similar opportunities for tactics and freedom of play, just not in a geographical sense but in terms of gameplay. It's just they are swamped by kiddies who like to run around rushing and shooting everything.

But now I have to ask you, what exactly do you mean when you say you like the "freedom and ability to push yourself"?
Because that's pretty vague, and if its not in using tactics and strategy, different weapons, then what is it? moving around differently? strafe shooting? that's still pretty much under the tactics and gameplay a game offers and many popular FPS offer a similar experience.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:17 am

I don't care if they are the main shooters or not, that is irrelevent, they still can't be compared to eachother or Crysis and labeled generic (you never said just Crysis 2, which would be a little closer to the truth but still wrong).

No, other games don't offer the same oppurtunites in gameplay. That's all I should have to say, it's a fact that I've already tried to explain.
One reason is Crysis offers opportunity for great battles beyond ONLY who sees someone first or who is in the best positions. It didn't have to be about just trying not to die, but more about playing to fight (if you wanted it to).

If you don't understand that then you won't understand the differences or everything else I was talking about.

Last edited by Avalost on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 am

you like it or you dont, your crap or your not...who cares discussion over fellas. Its not COD its not Crysis Its Crysis 2 and it lends bits from this and bits from that, it is it's own style of game. So if you've had your say then leave it at that guys.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:31 am

Well for you younger blokes out there don't preach to those of us that have had the experience in the real thing or the training that goes along with it,how about you get your arses off your PC chairs & enlist in the regular army or the reserves & get a taste of the action side of fps's first hand then come back and whinge about a fucking game.And yes I do have a right to make this sort of comment as I have been there doen that as has Boots & a few others that I could name from FTW clan and they will back me up & tell you it's a whole different kettle of fish so get the fuck over whining about a game that is fuck all to do with reality

P.S.so how's that for a fucking smooth talking hippie Des lol
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 am

Well irrelevant rants about the military aside I actually would find I have to agree with avalost (a once in a life time thing), and red orchestra 2 looks so bad lol
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:17 am

what about homefront....that look great Smile

ooo vehicles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 am

Avalost wrote:
I don't care if they are the main shooters or not, that is irrelevent, they still can't be compared to eachother or Crysis and labeled generic...
Even though that's what generic means. It's what the mainstream is. It's the same as others in its genre.
You have to use the most popular shooters to establish what the mainstream is, and thus a definition for genericism.
Why can't you understand that?

Avalost wrote:
If you don't understand that then you won't understand the differences or everything else I was talking about.
And if you think I'm being vague, then what I mean can stay a secret Razz
So you're going to be pretentious and think you're high and mighty because "I know something you don't know, and I will never tell".

Well all I did was ask you to elaborate your point, but I know the reason you can't is because youre blinded by nostalgia goggles and eventually buyers remorse.

Yes crysis was amazing, at least it seemed that way for quite some time. But I also acknowledge the only reason it was so great was you could change your gameplay style in real time, due to customising weapons, buying new guns, vehicles, and the suit modes. That lent to interesting gameplay and the complex game mode Power Struggle was a perfect opportunity to utilise that.

It's all been reduced to something much more simple, and is almost indistinguishable from the main competition. That is generic. And it took very little effort for Crysis to make that transition from somewhat unique to just another shooter.

Dessicrater wrote:
you like it or you dont, your crap or your not...who cares discussion over fellas. Its not COD its not Crysis Its Crysis 2 and it lends bits from this and bits from that, it is it's own style of game. So if you've had your say then leave it at that guys.
Whatever, I give up. I don't have to subject myself to arguing with someone who can't even look with a different perspective.
Also I'd rather not define myself by my attachment to a company's product - because they are only in it for the money in the end (that is what a business does after all, make money).

Tulzer wrote:
Yeah it looks cool but I'd want to wait for some demos to see what it's really like. Too skeptical of games these days.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 am

Tulzer wrote:

ooo vehicles Very Happy

No it doesn't graphics suck, gameplay in multi will never be like that and its not on pc.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 am

it's on steam?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

hmm my bad it didn't say PC at the end. It still sucks. Besides this is off topic.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 am

Your dog, it's just seemed to go back and forth between Crysis originals and Crysis 2 with the same judgement. Generic doesn't just mean mainstream, doesn't it mainly mean generalising, putting things into a general group or class? Well for me Crysis wasn't in the same class as other shooters, it wasn't generic.

Plus something can be popular and not be generic compared to others things from the same category, it can be totally unique. But Crysis wasn't popular at all anyway! And we don't know about Crysis 2 yet, but yeah it's aimed at being more popular and on the surface at least it looks more generic I would agree.
The full game isn't even out yet though, and what I have played has actually made me find it's not as bad as you might think, but that's just to me.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be pretentious, we just aren't on the same wave lengths about what we want from a game or how we want to play.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 am

Avalost wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be pretentious, we just aren't on the same wave lengths about what we want from a game or how we want to play.
That's okay man. I'm still tired and coughing up dirt from yesterday.

I was just mostly somewhat annoyed that some people think we have to like it or something and cant have a different opinion, so felt the need to explain my point. I've already written everything I can say anyway without repeating myself.

Avalost wrote:
Your dog, it's just seemed to go back and forth between Crysis originals and Crysis 2 with the same judgement.
Yeah I did I should probably edit the posts to clarify but I don't know if anyone else can be bothered reading it all haha.
In short I liked Crysis Wars. Crysis 2 isn't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:09 am

...what about CrAzY TaXi
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71230/

or even better sega bass fishing Very Happy
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71240/

Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

I just realised that that entire conversation could have the genre changed to sidecrolling platformer, and you could say the exact same things. Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Super Mario Bros., Wonderboy, Alex the kidd, Crystal Caves, Sonic the Hedgehog, the list goes on.

I guess the main thing is that people look for different things in games, and that unfortunately its a games business, and if super soldier fps' are selling really well games will be based around that 'winning' (no charlie sheen here) formula.

I do lament not being able to modify my guns on the go, but I've started just swapping hte pistol for a scar, or another gun. It's just a pity you can't run around with 2 scars. Found some more ways around pier tonight too.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm

zygurt wrote:
I just realised that that entire conversation could have the genre changed to sidecrolling platformer, and you could say the exact same things. Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Super Mario Bros., Wonderboy, Alex the kidd, Crystal Caves, Sonic the Hedgehog, the list goes on.
Yes exactly, at least for describing what is the genre defining games and thus generic. Each genre will have actual games that stand quite far apart from their competitiors.

For example:

Mirror's Edge. Although it is essentially a FPS, with the first person perspective and use of combat including guns, the game is based on Parkour and free-running around a city, and mostly evading combat with armed personel. Combat is also encouraged to be melee, as wielding weapons greatly slows you down and can impede you from exacting necessary moves to escape.

Condemned. FPS again, however while guns are present, they are limited and even more so in ammo. Ammo cannot be found for guns. If a criminal wields a gun and fires it, he reduces the ammo it has. Thus if he uses all its ammo, and you pick it up, it'll have no ammo. it's typical for a handgun to have 3 bullets. Gameplay is focused on crime solving by means of devices to examine evidence, and combat is melee orientated, with items being able to be pulled from the environment. These include wrenches, crowbars, fire axes, planks of wood, bits of piping, etc. It also included a blocking system, and the use of high and low melee attacks.

F.E.A.R FPS with strong horror elements. It has the generic super soldier theme, however the 'super' is presented as being able to move very fast by a matrix-style time slowing effect. It also encouraged mutliple melee abilities and that you made use of your mobility over lugging around heavy weapons. It's horror theme and story line came through in a strong atmosphere and felt pretty seemless between the heavy action and the crazy story you wound up in.

They were all very successful in their own rights, selling over several million copies each, warranting sequels (well not ME as of yet, due to staff forced onto BF3 sadly) and even movie pitches. They all recieved very high ratings as well.

It just shows an FPS doesn't have to be a cod-clone to be successful.
It also demonstrates in the case of ME how staff were pulled from working on a sequel, to instead work on BF3 that this competition for retarded cod-clone or cod competing war games prevents more unique and interesting games being made, and thus genericism prevailing.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:33 pm

what about BoneTown (google it Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Tulzer wrote:
what about BoneTown (google it Very Happy)
hahaha, why do you know about such a game Razz
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Last warning guys, if you want to have a big debate on this stuff, do it in private please. Its wall after wall of text of your own opinions and it leads nowhere. If this was a magazine review page you'd have all been sacked for writing irrelevant dribble.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 am

To whoever said something about there not being vehicles:

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 2011-03-07_00001
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 am

there are vehicles, what i said was that there are fuck all vehicles

crysis 2 fail

h.a.n.d
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 am

somad tulzer?
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:23 am

Arny wrote:
A busted ass console port at that. One word for this crap there trying to pass off as the latest and greatest FPS. GAY
If they think im stupid enough to swallow this total lie well im not. The game play is rubbish and hole feel of the game is well below what we should except. The hit reg is shit unless you are standing still. Total dumed down noobed up peace of shit.

And people are telling me to be mature when the above post looks like some little kid having a sook because he didnt get what he wanted for Xmas, Arny might not like the game but his above rant makes him look like an idiot and so does Nano for 100% agreeing with it.

I don't know if you get what he is saying here, you see Wounded this is a valid and straight to the point opinion.. The demo for what it is, is exactly that, maybe everyone's blinded by the fuckn sparkling suit and blah blah fuckn blah, the hit reg is fucking shit its pretty fuckn obvious, the feel of the game is definately console, but then again maybe you can't tell that? because some of us certainly can, the controlability is linear it plays like its made for the xbox fuck why don't we all just bust out some xbox controllers and fuck off the pc's, i think the only thing the game is worth is the story in the sp. To who ever dog was arguing with about the playing diff bs, fuck go play Arma 2 or America's Army if you want a challenge see unlike the rest of the fps's like cod, cry 2 etc etc they ain't run and gun regening health, and they promote team play more then total and utter faggotry.

For those who have said its not like cod, maybe you havn't already noticed the increasing amount of faggots who sit on the stairs, in a corner, in the bathrooms etc etc, in cloak and just kill you every time you go past, camping is already out and the game hasn't even been released, give it a few months and watch the amount of faggotry grow
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 am

somad, umad.....=troll

im Nomad Very Happy

have a nice day

h.a.n.d
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 am

Last warning guys, keep it civil or the thread will be closed. Name calling and picking apart other peoples posts is not what this thread is for. Swallow your pride and dont reply if it annoys you so much. Dont make me close the thread.
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:54 am

POINT ONE: The game is now a console game if you dont understand what that means buy COD anything..

POINT 2: Why is Dessicrater talking about swallowing? is that realy appropriate dessi?

POINT 3: Since when is Dessi a Tough Guy? He is usually seen in Nursury's buying peat moss and water lillies.. He likens himself to Don Burke in a dress.. Dessicrater is your common garden variety house proud fag.. And good on you Dessi.. you go and garden when you want to.. Fuck em..

Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 am

lol Pauline, weren't you praising COD a while ago.

I am sure unhappy about a lot of things Crysis 2 is missing compared to wars, even small things we took for granted.
It will never compare in many ways, and I would have rathered the game never went to consoles if it meant it would be majorly changed on PC as a direct result, but I would still like to see how much Crysis 2 can offer in the long run as a PC game, because even with the limitations and less than full game the demo is atm, it's still more fun than COD etc.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Wounded wrote:

Anyway i do see what Arny is trying to say, that he doesnt like the game, yet his post is clearly a rant rather then anything like you or some others have posted about the reasons why you dont like the game.

The demo plays perfectly fine for myself and plenty of other people, but obviously it doesnt work so well for others. Its a 360 build as i have mentioned before, everyone was sooking and wanting to try the game on PC, the easiest thing for crytek to do was give the build that was already there to the PC players, rather then spending time making another build, hence the reason there are a few minor issues here and there.

The hit reg is fine for me, its not upto the Crysis Wars standard but imo its far superior to COD or BC2.

The feel of the game is fine for me, im able to sprint around and play this game just as i want to, sure i cant do the things i did in Wars, but im able to do more things in this game then i can in others and i can play a style i enjoy in this game and be fairly succesfull with it at the moment. Im not feeling console port at all.

I dont see how it is played for a console, i have seen console gameplay and pc gameplay and there is a big difference in styles.

I personally dont enjoy the Arma or Americas Army styled game because i find them to slow, i enjoy a faster game but thats just me, games like Arma promote teamwork, but they dont allow a player to move around by themselves, of course thats how the game is designed to be played, in Crysis 2 u can play both as a team or as an individual and enjoy the game and it suits me more because i enjoy the faster pace of the game.

I also havent come across constant faggotry, i sprint around the maps a lot, the only time im walking is when im regen'ing my suit, i havent had any problems with players doing the same thing over and over again being faggotry and i also dont think it will become worse and worse a few months down the track, there are modules that allow you to counter every style of gameplay, i get killed by cloakers in every game but they certainly arent a problem.

Arny could have easily posted with issues in the game he didnt like but instead he jumped on the hate wagon and just ranted about non issues. The only thing he mentions that could affect gameplay is the hit reg which for the majority of people isnt an issue at all.

Well still just YOUR opinion and i have made no comment on you or any one else just the game in question yet once again if any one has a different view than yours well there completely wrong and your in there trying to flame up another argument. It may have come across as a rant to you but so what, i tell it as i see it with out the hype and bull shit. I have tryed to wait untill the Pc release to cast my judgment but what i see is just a rip off plain and simple.
I would rather play BC2 and i look forward to BC3 more than this now which is very disappointing for me. I always knew that Cry2 would be more BC2 or COD stile of play, but i was not ready for it to be this crappy. I will probably end up playing it but that doesn't mean i'm happy with the way it has ended up, and i do think Crytec have totally sold us a over hyped under developed lemon.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:33 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
NapsterFTW
FTW Clan Member
NapsterFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:34 am

My demo updated to Version 1.2 this afternoon. Gonna have a look at what the changes are.

EDIT:

This is what i have found

Changes include

* "Press Start to Begin" has been changed to "Press Enter to Begin" on the main menu
* Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0) - "Crytek is working very hard to fix this for the shipping game"
* Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
* Account creation now works properly
* G35 headset fix now implemented
* People not able to sign in with certain characters such as "-" or "numbers" in their username, now can"
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:37 am

Very Happy I am liking this
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 am

http://denkirson.xanga.com/742784256/crysis-2/

The SCAR delivers 30 damage out to 25 meters.
After 25m, it loses 0.25 damage per meter until it reaches 25 damage (that's just the way the game does it).
Once it reaches 25 damage (45m), it continues on at 25 damage indefinitely.
The SCAR has the ability to equip a Single Fire mode as an attachment.
The Single mode increases damage to 40-35 and range to 35m to 55mm.

The Player has 100 Health.

The Nanosuit has 100 Energy.
After one second of not using any energy draining functions, the suit will recharge 30 energy per second.
If the suit is reduced to 0 Energy, it stays disabled for three seconds before recharging.

Power Jump gives the player 2.2x times the height of a normal jump.
It takes 20 energy to use.

The Air Stomp is a velocity-based attack. The higher you are, the more time you have to fall and the faster you'll go, naturally.
Depending on the height, the Air Stomp can deliver from a minimum of 40 damage to a maximum of 220 damage.
Similarly, the radius of the Stomp can grow from 2 meters out to 7 meters.
A simple Power Jump doesn't come close to getting enough air for more than the minimum damage. You need some elevation, a few seconds of air.

Speed (sprinting) will boost the player's forward speed to 1.8x.
Speed drains up to seven points of energy per second.

Stealth drains the player's Energy by five points when standing still.
Based on how fast the player is moving with stealth, the suit will drain up to fifteen points per second.

Armor drains 2 to 7 points of energy per second depending on the player's movement speed. His movement speed is also decreased to 80%.
Armor absorbs a percentage of damage to the Player's health. 35% of the damage is diverted to his Suit Energy.
If for example, a player with Armor is hit in the torso for 30 damage. His health takes 19 damage.

Recoil for most weapons is low (it should be, you have a big muscle suit) and character models are rather stiff and upright.
There is not a lot of randomness when the weapon is sighted (much less with Aim Enhance), meaning accuracy and reflex are pivotal in a shootout. Aim for the head.

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 Multipliers
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 am

Nice Post K
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 am

good info +1
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:40 am

My only question is:
KarmaFTW wrote:
The Single mode increases damage to 40-35 and range to 35m to 55mm.
Why

And thigh shots should do as much damage as body shots, given theres lots of vital arteries in there. But whatevs.
Nice info.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 am

No they shouldnt do as much damage as body shots, its rewarding you for having a better aim. Thats whats more important is it not?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 am

Well the thighs are esentially part of the central mass, and if you get shot there it would very well kill you. It's silly that the forearm and hands take more damage than the thighs.

And as for single mode INCREASING damage, that makes no sense because its still the same bullet you fire, what magically changes? Accuracy should increase or something.

But hey for game balance whatever goes.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 am

your dog wrote:
Well the thighs are esentially part of the central mass, and if you get shot there it would very well kill you. It's silly that the forearm and hands take more damage than the thighs.

And as for single mode INCREASING damage, that makes no sense because its still the same bullet you fire, what magically changes? Accuracy should increase or something.

But hey for game balance whatever goes.

Dog it is only a game........................ I am sure the devs didn't go study medicine or anatomy on what parts of body is a more important bounce
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 am

but but "Please press start to continue" ...... i dont have a start button =(
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 am

People survive thigh amputations, never heard of a person surviving a torso amputation.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 am

i have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 am

Did they cut off your torso and staple your head to ur dick?
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 am

nah they just dry cleaned it and gave it back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 am

Lol Tulz.

Good info. Any more info on stuff like shotgun stats. Shotgun never wins against scar front on.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 am

managed to get in an about an hr's worth of the demo and as far as I can see I am liking it. there's are some similarities from cry 1 and wars that I see. great parts from bc2 and cod. but they have managed to produce a really good game. sure it's a 360 build but i'm guessing the final pc build will be even better.

it does require a completely different way of playing the game. for me it's a cod killer. and that's MY opinion. i can see lots of clans popping up and many scrims to come possibly even competitions etc. it really should be a great game and i'm looking forward to it. let's hope we get a larger community this time around and it doesn't dwindle anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

The servers are currently down, other games using gamespy browser are experiencing lag
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 pm

servers havent updated? ....or the list not working?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Servers are up.

edit: they were for a bit, back down
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 pm

DaemonFTW wrote:
People survive thigh amputations, never heard of a person surviving a torso amputation.
Getting a thigh amuptation in a sterilised, 21st century hospital by expert surgeons and doctors, and getting shot in the leg are two completely different things.

Surely you've heard of the Femoral Artery? If that gets cut, you're fucked.

It's just one of those things that just makes me stop playing the game and ask what they were thinking.. then I realise its an arcade game and I just walk away.

ColdPreacher wrote:
for me it's a cod killer. and that's MY opinion.
I dunno man. CoD is too well established, much like how WoW defines the MMO scene these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top