Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tulzer
Tulzer

Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am

your dog wrote:
Avalost wrote:
It will never be comparable to the originals, but it grows on you in a way. If you force yourself to play to the point of getting used to it, you should end up having some fun.
I shouldn't have to force myself to enjoy a game.

On that note, I definately cancelled my preorder.
All that means is I won't buy it on release, I may buy it at a future point in time.
Modded servers may hasten my decision to purchase it.

exactly.....i shouldn't have to play something until i get desensitized to how boring or how crap it is in order to play it.....this is not fun

when i get bored of my other games i have bought but not completed i will check back and see if its worth getting within the furture

sent a request just now to get my preorder cancelled through steam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 am

oh and to ur poll dog....i dont want it because it is COD crap...got better things to do than to force myself to play a shit game tongue afro....go the fro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 am

"boring"? "crap"?

You can sneak up behind someone and twist their head 180(what's the numpad combo for the degree symbol..?), although I would like it if you could hold the melee button for 3-5 secs when you do that and perform a fatality.

There is also Air Stomp - it may not always kill people but it is teh awesome and the appropriate method for descending from any B.A.S.E.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 am

It will release on the 24th in stores.
Besides I don't see how you guys can even not buy the game. It doesn't make any sense it has been 3 years form the wars release, and this clan started from the original game. Unless the players not buying the game decide to wait a few more years for crysis 3 which 100% will be nothing like crysis 1. The game-play is fun there will be modding. There will be a larger community.
Unless there is some awesome game that everyone will play in the future then there is only crysis as the main game.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 am

lol.. modded nigel makes game moar fun ^^ ....

True what Ava said, will never be like the originals... unfortunately =(

Edit: Tulz, if you need help opening the stubborn files, locate me on chat kthnxbai.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 am

I've never seen NanoSniper playing before either.. tho i do recall myself.. NanoSnipe playing... for the FTW clan back in the day. And yeah i should have to force myself to enjoy a game, i do agree that some of the suit functions are better but yeah there's only so many air stomps and stealth kills you can do before it becomes the same old shit, as for a Crysis 3 well they might as well just merge with the developers of COD this year and make COD 1038375373 or what ever fuckn number its up to now, the problem is the maps don't have variety they're small and boxed in, you can't roam around or anything your just forced into a kill box, fuck that why be forced into the action why not have the decision to enter it as you please
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:04 am

imo there are points to not buying it now....

1. multiplayer has not lived up to expectations....we can see full reviews after launch
2. cheaper to buy afterwards
3. able to see what mods come out and if they will help the game
4. game comes bundled with the dlc(yes there are atleast 4 maps that will be dlc)...possibly cheaper again
5. not getting turned off the game with the first release and all the mofo cheaters that will appear

i think its better to look at ur cards b4 placing a bet...so to speak Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 am

But if that's the reason to not play the game, it seems very premature, give this game a chance it's basically one of the last developers trying to stay true to the pc community without loosing their business.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 am

Tulzer wrote:
imo there are points to not buying it now....

1. multiplayer has not lived up to expectations....we can see full reviews after launch
2. cheaper to buy afterwards
3. able to see what mods come out and if they will help the game
4. game comes bundled with the dlc(yes there are atleast 4 maps that will be dlc)...possibly cheaper again
5. not getting turned off the game with the first release and all the mofo cheaters that will appear

i think its better to look at ur cards b4 placing a bet...so to speak Very Happy

To wait and see how it turns out after launch is a much better plan then to totally dis it

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 am

Lol staying true to the pc community? This is a console port, the game was designed for console and has been slightly changed for the pc, you can tell just by the controls etc, its pretty obvious Crytek is going to become the same as the rest of them
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 am

I don't think you can call it a port, because it was built on pc, but I think you can definately constrained by console.

Oh and I trying more witht eh hologram, it walks underwater LOL.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 pm

I really think that C2 - MIGHT BE MODDABLE ^_^

Nigel.
has.

Very organisingly every aspect in the game in a folder with a subdirectory/ havnt been able to get to the file exactly, but this kinda is the Gamefolder + paks without the messiness....

Heres a short list of how the files are organised.
a quick dir reveals....

nigel
|---Animations
| |---alien
| | |---grunt
| | | |---behavior
| | | | `---interacts
| | | |---cinematics
| | | | |---07_times_square
| | | | |---alien_vessel
| | | | `---CXP
| | | |---deaths
| | | |---hits
| | | |---locomotion
| | | | `---lmg
| | | |---synced
| | | | `---PvA
| | | `---weapons
| | |---grunt_jelly_destroyed_mike
| | |---heavy

ETC ETC

Linux ftw.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 pm

KarmaFTW wrote:
But if that's the reason to not play the game, it seems very premature, give this game a chance it's basically one of the last developers trying to stay true to the pc community without loosing their business.
Really staying true to the pc community?????????????
As far as we seen so far is been more console friendly features, i was relunctant at first but after the demo i feel more keen to dish out $$ to buy it, as long as they fix G35 sound (if that has not been fix then fuck it i'm not buy it, not going to fork more $$ to buy speakers or headphones just to play this game)
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:39 pm

FUCKING YES, FINALLY I HAVE BROKEN NIGEL FILE! I CAN SEE EVERYTHING MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHHAH......

>;D

On a serious note, these files are kinda messy o.O

edit: cant save files -.-
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

dont need to, just make a folder named nigel....yes that works Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Virtuoso X wrote:
grunt_jelly_destroyed_mike

Grunt Jelly (ewww?) has destroyed Mike! Poor Mike...

buckethead121 wrote:
as long as they fix G35 sound (if that has not been fix then fuck it i'm not buy it, not going to fork more $$ to buy speakers or headphones just to play this game)

If you go to your device manager (right click My Computer and go to properties and Device Manger should be on the left of the window (at least in Win 7 it is)) then the sound devices section, find your G35 and use the update driver feature but tell it to update from a driver located in your comp, ask for the list of drivers and then use the "USB somethingorather" option, restart your comp and your G35 should now be capable of stereo sound (and stereo sound only)!

This allows you to play the demo with craptacular sound and you should be able to follow the same steps as above but choose to use your G35 drivers instead of the USB one to regain proper sound (you also apparently only need to unplug your G35, wait for its system tray icon to go away and then plug it back in again instead of restarting for this step).

I haven't tried the blue steps yet but telling your headset to use its real drivers should be straightforward enough.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:52 pm

...um what is the point of having 7.1 surround sound when u cannot use it????....and no the game doesn't support it yet in any way
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:13 pm

It gives you the ability to say that Crysis 2 can't handle your computer (or one of its peripherals).
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeah but the point is you shouldn't have to go do all that shit in the first place, the demo should come complete and compatable, if they can't do it with the demo whats to say the actual game's gonna be compatable and ready?
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I think the G35 problem is to do with USB audio, because I've had surround audio running properly, even though it really doesn't do positional audio very well.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm

its because it has its own driver - which c2 doesnt like - the sound would work with PnP monitors, and headphones etc etc, anything with its own driver it goes into cloak from it.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 am

Crysis 2 Game with Developers Event Part 2
Posted by Electronic Arts at 13:26PM on Friday, March, 04, 2011

This Saturday, March 5th, we'll be hosting a Game with Developers event from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST/9:00 pm - 11:00 pm GMT in North America and 8:00 am - 10:00 am PST/4:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT in Europe on both Xbox LIVE and PC. The Xbox LIVE event is open to all Xbox LIVE Gold members, but don't forget that this weekend is Xbox LIVE's Free Gold Weekend for U.S. only. This means that ALL U.S. members, including Silver (Free), will be able to hop online, download the demo and battle with Crytek!

Be Prepared. Take a look at our Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Briefing video below to prepare yourselves for battle because this is NOT your average multiplayer experience.

To play, send off a game invite or friend request to the following gamertags. From there you can party up or join their game.

Xbox 360

* CrytekMattB
* CrytekMike
* CrytekElf
* CrytekPugzilla
* CrytekAndy
* CrytekPaul
* CrytekChad
* CrytekFellBlade
* CrytekLiam
* CrytekHornedRat
* CrytekEddie
* CrytekSam
* CrytekJoe
* CrytekFas
* CrytekGreg

PC

* CrytekPugzilla
* CrytekElf
* CrytekJoe
* CrytekRusty
* CrytekFellBlade
* CrytekBenny
* CrytekArkazon
* CrytekSpaceDude

http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/game-with-devs-part-2
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 am

Wounded wrote:
NanoSnipeFTW wrote:
Yeah but the point is you shouldn't have to go do all that shit in the first place, the demo should come complete and compatable, if they can't do it with the demo whats to say the actual game's gonna be compatable and ready?

Because this is a 360 build not the PC build

Exactly my point..... console port..
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:27 am

A busted ass console port at that. One word for this crap there trying to pass off as the latest and greatest FPS. GAY
If they think im stupid enough to swallow this total lie well im not. The game play is rubbish and hole feel of the game is well below what we should except. The hit reg is shit unless you are standing still. Total dumed down noobed up peace of shit.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:25 am

I get the impression that PC wasn't going to get a beta, then they decided to just chuck the xbox beta across to PC, it obviously wasn't designed for PC.

We are yet to see if the full game will be a port but it seems unlikely, so I wouldn't be hatin' on crytek just yet. I don't get how people can be judging the maps poorly when we have only seen 2 on 2 really basic gameplay modes. Still playing the beta, still enjoying it.

Snipers and some headshot reg will need to be fixed but once again I think their issues are because of the console beta
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:45 am

ARNY84FTW wrote:
A busted ass console port at that. One word for this crap there trying to pass off as the latest and greatest FPS. GAY
If they think im stupid enough to swallow this total lie well im not. The game play is rubbish and hole feel of the game is well below what we should except. The hit reg is shit unless you are standing still. Total dumed down noobed up peace of shit.

no rockets in this game Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:41 am

^^yes there are ....have you not see the trialers and previews.....in this game its called a JAW...its a unlockable item not in this demo

Quote :
Fucking lol and +1

Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:42 am

Dalek wrote:
I get the impression that PC wasn't going to get a beta, then they decided to just chuck the xbox beta across to PC, it obviously wasn't designed for PC.

We are yet to see if the full game will be a port but it seems unlikely, so I wouldn't be hatin' on crytek just yet. I don't get how people can be judging the maps poorly when we have only seen 2 on 2 really basic gameplay modes. Still playing the beta, still enjoying it.

Snipers and some headshot reg will need to be fixed but once again I think their issues are because of the console beta

Come to think of its, thats right... the actual game might be totally different then what we've got atm....
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 am

i think u all are overestimating crytek's care of this matter......the fact is its a great console game...they are going to rake in millions from consoles alone...and since when have they cared about the PC version....they didn't even implement a proper anti-cheat system into the previous game...which i can tell you has not changed with this version...there is still that shitty protect.xml based off the same system as last time....but i guess no point in judging the game (but i do judge the company) until its fully released without DX11 as standard....shame on crytek
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 am

Yeah agreed 100% with Arny and the game will not change lol thats just wishfull thinking, it will be the same as the demo - shit
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 pm

On that note, this is looking even more appealing as i read more news.

https://clanftw.forumotion.net/t3236-red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:37 pm

lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 am

You sound pretty mad wounded.

Then again nothing's changed hey Razz

Yes believe it or not we are capable of forming our own opinions. The game is simply not something we wish to purchase.
Just because there are only two choices, to buy or not to buy, and we don't pick the one you side with, doesn't mean we are on a bandwagon.

It could be just as easily said you're jumping on the "suck cryteks dick and hope they give you a reach around when they fuck you up the arse" bandwagon.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:36 am

Lol Doggy.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 am

lol everyone is so hostile this morning
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:45 am

Had soundwave yesterday, feel like shit from all the dirt I inhaled. Was fucking awesome though.

Anyways I guess we shouldn't get toooo off topic. You guys playing it this morn? i should check ts
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 am

That Red Orchestra 2 doesn't look that great, as generic as anything, with super realism just for the sake of it. At least Crysis 2 has a little more fight in it.

Last edited by Avalost on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 am

Back to hostilities
the fact is why should we like it?

EDIT:
homefront looks promising Very Happy
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:53 am

Avalost wrote:
That Red Orchestra 2 doesn't look that great, as generic as anything, with super realism just for the sake of it. At least Crysis 2 still has a little fight in it.
Well it depends, on what you define generic as.

For me generic is anything thats dark, brown n bloom (crysis has lots of bloom, at least it has colour though), you run around runnin n gunnin everything, as a one man army.
Crysis is pretty much that, the only thing that makes it unique now is the suit. That opened tactical opportunities.
However in the confined maps and small gameplays you have now there isn't anywhere near as much opportunity for tactics that arent just knowing how to shoot and being where the objective is.

Even the suit is a bit of a gimic now. I mean armor mode is nothing special, neither is cloak. Halo has had armor and cloak for ages. The only real special thing is you can change it on the fly. You used to be able to change weapons and your loadout in-game as well, which was somewhat unique given every game these days have pre loadouts.
Even that is gone.

Yes its better than COD in a few ways, but it's not doing much to set itself apart from the competition either.
Just because its being launched on console as well doesnt mean it needs to be watered down to COD levels, BC2 is on console and that is still large maps and team based, tactically involved.

All that said, I should add every FPS is going to be pretty similar. If it isn't space marines or super soldiers, its a modern or famous warfare everyday man where everything is trying to be serious and dark.
If you really want to get something that isn't generic, has to be outside the FPS genre somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:11 am

What I consider running and gunning, has always been one of the hardest but most rewarding ways to play a game. Idk what you think it is, but it's not just running around and spraying, it's asking you to use every bit of skill you have to beat the odds. The originals allowed you to but also allowed the players to choose whether the game would become open or closed, so sometimes someone trying to play directly and for the fight would lose out a lot, yet it was all up to the how everyone played each game.

Crysis 2 doesn't give that vast amount of freedom as much, trying more to reward players who aren't as direct, but it's still there in parts.

A game that restricts you to only hiding, cover and short lives with no real fight or battles is generic and boring to me. I don't know how you think that trying to do a lot of fighting in one life, being open and direct with the enemy and pushing your aim and movement to the limit in the pressure of full on action is generic (how many people try to do that in any game) but oh well.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 am

Avalost wrote:
I don't know how you think that trying to do a lot of fighting in one life, being open and direct with the enemy and pushing your aim and movement to the limit in the pressure of full on action is generic (how many people try to do that in any game) but oh well.

Because every major FPS that has come out in like the past 5-10 years does that.
How is that not generic?
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:22 am

What a load of BS. Hardly any fps's support a player being fully open the way I mean. And hardly any players do it. The Crysis originals are the only games I know of that offered 2 players the chance to really BATTLE eachother.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:31 am

For me i am going to wait at least a month or two before purchacing c2, game looks allright but strip away the nanosuits and what do you get???? I will wait till the the hype of c2 downs down to see how many people still playing it.

C2 has sweet graphics, fast gameplay, and uniqueness but i been spoilt by games like BFBC2, Arma 2 now and i dont find it thrillling being a one man army style game anymore, for one i enjoy the team work i found it more satifing have a game where everyone in you team contributes to the objective or victory of the map.

Everyone is entitle to their own opinion is what you call democracy, if you not buying the game because didnt meant expectations, didn't like the gameplay, crytek care put their attentions to the console versions, ect doesnt mean we jump into the hate wagon.

I was telling karma since he was so defendant to crytek why is he defending them so much? what does crytek own him? Is nice being a fan or a company or brand, but that sometimes shourds you from the quality of their products.

I do hope i am wrong and C2 will be a great MP game for ages to come, but telling them they jumping into the hate wagon just because they didnt like it or not going to buy it is just sad, sorry Wounded but be a more mature person i know you are better the that mate, we are all adults here so don't start acting childish.

Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 am

Avalost wrote:
What a load of BS. Hardly any fps's support a player being fully open the way I mean. And hardly any players do it. The Crysis originals are the only games I know of that offered 2 players the chance to really BATTLE each other.
The way you said in your previous post I interpret differently to what you're trying to say now:
Avalost wrote:
...do a lot of fighting in one life, being open and direct with the enemy and pushing your aim and movement to the limit in the pressure of full on action
Halo: you run around in your space marine suit with regenerative health and shields, using a arsenal of weapons from assault rifles to snipers and rocket launchers and laser things and vehicles to smash as many cunts as you can before you die

CoD: you run around in your military outfit with regenerative health, using an arsenal of weapons from assault rifles to snipers and rocket launchers and calling in killstreaks (such as carpet bombs, harrier airstrikes, chopper gunners, etc) to smash as many cunts as you can before you die.

Battlefield: you run around in your military outfit in a squad of teammates, with regenerative health, using an arsenal of weapons based on the class you choose ranging from assault rifles to snipers to rocket launchers, with vehicles and squad assisting devices, to smash as many cunts with your squad as you can before you die.

Crysis: you run around in your secret prototype suit with special regenerative armor and cloak and strength, regenerative health, using an arsenal of weapons from assault rifles to snipers and rocket launchers, previously buying vehicles (now killstreaks) to smash as many cunts as you can before you die.

The modus operandi is the same:
Run around, smash as many cunts as you can with all the weapons and tactics you got, try not to die

How much of an epic shootout two players have against each other depends on how good / bad they are. if they both cant aim then a shootout can last a while.
Crysis was unique in that you could stretch it by moving quickly and engaging armor to boost your survivability, but if you came across someone really good at shooting (Hope, Wounded, etc) your life expectancy was pretty short.

The other unique opportunity I liked about crysis was the suit powers meant you didnt have to be boxed in in linear paths following corridors, like COD, so you could attack from every direction.
In C2, while they've added verticality, the paths are still very linear. There are still walls and barriers that cannot be crossed between some paths, or if they can you are slowed down by the grabbing the edge stuff, which reduces game play speed.

How openly and directly you engage the enemy, with what tactics you utilise, depends on the guns you use and whether you use them as intended (ie snipers from range) or unintended (close up no-scopes just because).

Yes it is quite fun to run around doing all this, but in the end it is very arcade and generic because they are all doing the same thing. the only difference between them and say Quake III, Unreal Tournament, and TF2 I guess to some extent, is you don't move as fast and they are trying to be somewhat serious.
But if you want pushing yourself to the limit with the pressure of full on action, play those games instead because they certainly require much more limit breaking than the FPS today.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:47 am

I should add on that note, that RO2 looks to be the same in many ways except instead of running around trying to smash as many cunts as you can, you are slowly moving from cover to cover, to avoid getting one shot because bullets hurt and kill people really easily (We are pretty fragile) and you're not aiming to smash as many cunts as you can but instead to push them back from the objective.

I think you can still have a very engaging and electrified atmosphere, with lots of pressure, without needing to live a rambo movie. A game like RO2 looks like it can still be quite stimulating because you know you can't just run out there, and you have to think more tactifully.
That's the difference. Given there aren't many games like that, it makes it somewhat less generic.

And while the whole WWII theme may be overdone, RO and RO2 are unique in that its not WE ARE AMERICA WE ARE THE BEST AND WE BEAT THE WORLD, but its based on real life battles between the most devastating warfronts of WWII, between the Germans and the Russians.
That hasn't been done before until now, thus it is also less generic.

buckethead121 wrote:
Everyone is entitle to their own opinion is what you call democracy, if you not buying the game because didnt meant expectations, didn't like the gameplay, crytek care put their attentions to the console versions, ect doesnt mean we jump into the hate wagon.
Well said Bucket
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 am

AHH FFS it's always been about the suit when are you guys gonna wake up it doesn't matter if it's like CoD BF or Barbie does Dallas,the main component of the game is the ability to use the Nano Suit to it's best advantageous purpose and go kill some fucking aliens or other human life type threats (in multi player)give it a chance.You all had your little raves about it earlier on in the piece we (me included) all had our O.o's and Ahh's about Crysis 2, but as soon as the demo comes out and isn't quite what you expect it's like fuck that shit. I say hell yeah I'll give it a go when it get's here and yes I am still looking forward to getting it on March 25th
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 am

You have obviously been far too long in mediocre games to know what THE FIGHT is anymore. It's hardly worth arguing with you about it.

For instance to think that COD is anything near Crysis is insane. I have played COD. It's a whole lot of; you can't do this or you die without a fight, you can't go there or you die without a fight, whoever sees enemy first gets the kill. I have forced myself to play the cod way in it, done well, and felt nothing because it's all cheap crap with no oppurtunity to really fight.

You don't understand me and your arguments don't work because you don't understand the type of playing I am talking about. You don't know that Crysis was the only game that offered it between open players. Crysis 2 has taken that ability away a fair bit, but it's still more there than than any other shooters and I hope it's not lost as the game progresses.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:15 am

cbf'd reading the essays, but we can all agree that going outside and playing out there is much better than staying inside and FORCING ourselves to play crysis 2!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:23 am

Avalost wrote:
You don't understand me and your arguments don't work because you don't understand the type of playing I am talking about.
Perhaps you're right, I don't understand you. But while I made an effort to present a discussion you're brushing it under the carpet with 'you just dont understand me, you just don't understand' which isn't very concise.

Avalost wrote:
You don't know that Crysis was the only game that offered it between open players. Crysis 2 has taken that ability away a fair bit, but it's still more there than than any other shooters and I hope it's not lost as the game progresses.
You know you never catch the dragon

Tulzer wrote:
cbf'd reading the essays, but we can all agree that going outside and playing out there is much better than staying inside and FORCING ourselves to play crysis 2!
Amen, I need some lunch too. Think I'll head out in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah well done with your lumping every shooter into one category which is utterly retarded and truly shows me you don't and can't understand where I was coming from.
I provided my own points for you, but I guess you just either feel the rush a game can give you or you don't.
I like freedom and ability given to the player so that you can push yourself beyond just sitting and shooting from little strategic, tactical positions or whatever you want to call them. People still did that in Crysis but at least the oppurtunity was given to do more unlike so many other games.
Its only games, why play just to be a coward.

Last edited by Avalost on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 demo first impressions   Crysis 2 demo first impressions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 demo first impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top