Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Wireless Network card

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ripper

Wireless Network card Empty
PostSubject: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Well here is the problem i'm stuck with my mate wants to get a wireless network card for his computer to replace the shitty USB transmitter that he has, now I'm just wondering if anybody would know what would be a good wireless network card to buy need something that will be fit into a PCI slot as he doesn't have a free PCIe slot.

So far me and another mate looked into these ones:

D-Link
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=4171

TP-Link
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=4243

TP-Link
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=4242

Any suggestions are welcome but please try to keep them to MSY or Standard computers.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 am

Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 am

on another quick note, when did msy get an online store?
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:24 am

The D-Link range booster is a good card. I have one on my computer. Like the name mentions, it's range has been boosted. I was 12m away from the modem with connectivity bars near maxed
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Just to clarify, your "friend" is not planning replacing his USB "transmitter" aka dongle internet with a wireless adapter card without a wireless modem/router now is he, because that would be a fail.

He wouldn't be the first noob to make that mistake.
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm

TROPPO TROPPO TROPPO

Why can't you see what is going on.. maybe your brain is flooded..

If you replace your little sim card usb wireless dicki thingy with a simple network card you can hack into your neighbours internet for free saving you the cost of the isp charge..

But you wouldnt be the first noob to missunderstand the correct solution.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:08 pm

lol Paultine, i always trust you give me a laugh whenever i need one Very Happy

I vote for tulzers second link, however im not a fan of D-link, bad experience, id prefer Netgear or Buffalo but meh, if it works, its goot.

Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm

yeah that card hooked up to this
Wireless Network card Dish
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:10 pm

O.O
Back to top Go down
Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Gone_TroppoFTW wrote:
Just to clarify, your "friend" is not planning replacing his USB "transmitter" aka dongle internet with a wireless adapter card without a wireless modem/router now is he, because that would be a fail.

He wouldn't be the first noob to make that mistake.

Nah its not one of those pieces of shit that can be bought from telstra or optus it was actually a netgear wireless USB adaptor which I was talking about his had the router and all setup for ages but the USB is really shit and keeps disconnecting on him whenever his on youtube or playing games, but anyway we managed to go and buy a TP-Link TL-WN951N and it worked fine we tested it out today by going on youtube and there was no disconnecting and the difference is really noticeable.

Don't worry troppo I'm that noob lol.

Also to answer Tulzers question they only got the MSY online store not too long ago mate it's only been up for few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 am

I might check that msy link out. But don't really need it. If MSY is litrally 1min away from my house lol I'll be the courier if anyone wants to buy anything online lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Network card   Wireless Network card Empty

Back to top Go down

Wireless Network card

View previous topic View next topic Back to top