Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Wireless routers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 am

What do you use/recomend? I will be hooking it to a dlink 504t, with 2 desktops (ethernet), two laptops ( mac and pc), wii and iphone. Am looking at the apple airport extreme base station as it is N dual band with USB for wireless printer serv etc.
Cos
Back to top Go down

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 am

ive got a dual band N belkin that didnt cost much at all, its good to have the two seperate networks and to keep the iphone and other smaller bits on the lower band.
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 am

Talk to a bloke called aaron at www.cormain.com.au

He provides great service and the prices are generally good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 am

I just had a look at this router, looks good . Only if you got a deep pocket though
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=643
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 am

ewww D-Link, ive personally had issues with a couple of d-link routers.
I highly recommend netgear WNR3500L pretty cheap for what it does, if you want some high end routers check out the WNR3700 with dual band.

PCDIY have cheep prices for the two.
Back to top Go down

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:29 am

my baby: http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=681

of course ive never had internet to actually test it with but its amazing rape and lets me use my iphone to control my laptop to read 20gb MKV's off a NAS in my bedroom
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:47 am

Mate i use a Billion Wireless BiPAC 7800N, 4 x Gigabit ethernet ports and high speed wireless, has heaps of features and seams to be quite fast. Though not what you would call cheap, but there are new models out now with more bells and whistles for the same price.
http://www.billion.com/product/wireless/BiPAC-7800N-11n-ADSL2-Broadband-Firewall-Router-Gigabit.html
Back to top Go down

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

FFS i just spent all night trying to get online before working out that my router is just a fucking router and i DONT HAVE A FUCKING MODEM
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 pm

It happens.....
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm

TraeliumFTW wrote:
FFS i just spent all night trying to get online before working out that my router is just a fucking router and i DONT HAVE A FUCKING MODEM

lol how about having a family member manage to jam an ethernet cable into a dsl port... i used to think it was physically impossible until my nephew managed to do without realising
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:29 pm

KarmaFTW wrote:
It happens.....

To whom I ask. Let's be specific Karma lol
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Got my WNR3500L in the mail (along side my 10GB of ram xD ) the router is awesom, user friendly UI, straightforward installation, the USB port is convienient for me since im like 15 M away from the router and printer, gigabit ports, and Wireless -N /
one downfall i found.
Settings wireless channel on it = fail best stablility i found was on Channel 7
Router mac address must be same as main computer - tho it should set it automatically i had to set it manually. no big fuss, works a charm, im capped atm so i cant really test major differences, tho my old router was 100mbit ethernets.

Also, some routers outthere work both as modems and routers, D-Link are the most out there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wireless routers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless routers   Wireless routers Empty

Back to top Go down

Wireless routers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top