Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

my router hates me, what are some good routers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

my router hates me, what are some good routers Empty
PostSubject: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:43 am

yah thats right im fuckin sick to shit of hearing about video cards and fuckin cpus and gigabytes and RAM whatever the fuck that is, and.. ok im not that retarded, but anyways:

my router is a Belkin F5D7230-4v7 Wireless G Router connected to a DLink modem from like, 2002 i forget what it is and its 2 metres too many away from me to bother checking, and its fuckin giving me the shits. lately ive had mad connection problems and today it wouldnt work at all i scratched my fucking head and tried different stuff to see if it was my wireless adpator (belkin) my lil sis' lappy which is a Compaq from 2004 i think and a stone age desktop and nothing would connect to internet wirelessly only by direct cable.

so im thinking the router was carking it and fucking up, and im changing random settings one by one to see if it fixes it. and what fucking fixes it? the channel its broadcasting in. it was set to auto, has always been auto, and for some reason when i change it from auto (was in channel 1) to channel 6 (Completely random, first channel i changed it to), it fucking works.

if anyone could explain why id be happy, better yet, if theres any better routers to get. apparently this router throttles connections like a bitch which makes my shitty internet plan even shittier. (Optus ADSL)

much puppy love in advance

PS: its a DLink 302G vC1
PPS: ive been thinking of either getting a DLink router, or any other brand except really cheap shit.. or just waiting til mummy dearest can swap the plan from Optus to Internode

EDIT: im guessing its got something to do with maybe interference if any neighbours changed their shit but i seriously doubt it. srsly.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:19 am

suggest a good belkin then, google yields many reports of 'this one you have is ok' to 'its fuckin shit'

=[

maaaaybeee.. the MODEM is gay and is holding the router back? narr doubt it.. probably both.
Back to top Go down
Aussie

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm

DOG, I WANT 3 LINES MAX TO EXPLAIN PROB, THEN ILL READ IT Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:31 pm

router hates me
keeps fucking up but i fixed it by changing broadcasting channels from (auto) 1 to 6 (manual)
plz tell me better router to get, or maybe ill wait for better net plan
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Get an OPEN 824RLW

its a Billion but with a different badge.

Look on whirlpool for info about it then buy it off cormain.com.au
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Just get a fuckn cable n run it from the router into the back of the pc, if ur sis is linked in direct cable n u ain't she will get a faster internet speed, and in turn will slow ur speed up cos she can get more bandwidth in the same amount of time it takes u to get urs... cable = faster, wireless = shit slow...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:22 pm

the router is probably 5 or more metres of cable away which would have to go above a stairway or something. this house didnt have any built into the walls. itd get in the way too much id probably need an extra few metres to get around that too so probs a 10m cable.

hmmm il use this thread to remind me to look up your suggestion bob, cheers.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:28 pm

lol dude i ran a 15 meter cable through the house under chairs etc... n i never went back, the speed increase is great in and out of game.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:00 pm

lol i know some guys who used to play lan, they were neighbours, just ran one over the back fence lol.

nah i wouldnt be allowed to have a cable running around but trust me i know cable is way faster n better, n clearly more secure.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:46 am

I would shy away from belkin if i were you, in the past they have proven to be unreliable and you will find that the hardware return ona belkin is considerably high.

get a netgear/linksys (Cisco) modem/router. if you dont want to run cables through the house, get the Ethernet over Power adapter that Netgear (an others sell)
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:33 am

DaemonFTW wrote:
, get the Ethernet over Power adapter that Netgear (an others sell)

yeah i know the ones youre talking about. wireless is fine by me though, though a wired connection is most optimal

hmm decisions decisions..
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Get an N router and make your whole street happy...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:38 pm

fuck my street they are all old, or young pieces of shit.

N is just more range + strength, dont really need that. costs squillions too and no body seems to be interested in my 'wares', it seems the only puppies that sell are either dead or to help blind people walk

can you tell i was the last in the box to be chosen? that is if you consider the street sweeper a person, and being swept into a mobile trash compacter as being 'chosen'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my router hates me, what are some good routers   my router hates me, what are some good routers Empty

Back to top Go down

my router hates me, what are some good routers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top