Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:15 am

my fkn computer just blew up, the psu exploded and the whole thing went on fire.

my gfx card/cpu/harddrives and all are gone....total bs!

on a positive note were planning on getting a new comp....

any ideas of a new rig.

i saw traes one and it was pretty similar to what i had in mind just 3x500gb in raid 0 with 2x250gb in raid 0 for my operating system.

just the cpu= i7 940
mobo= x58 or whatever works with i7<< what do you guys think
ram = 2gb or 4gb ddr3 << which is better
hdd = as of above
gfx = gtx295 or ati4890
case= need help for this one lol
psu= not taking any risks and going for no lower than a 1.1KW psu. << cant change my mind about that
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:38 am

hahahahah 1.1 psu take it easy mate... with those specs there mate u will probs only need half of that or lil' more...

get 4gb of ram at least... good for the long run... and depends on wat OS u gonna use... if its the new one it takes up to 8gb i think...

personally i would pick the 4890 cause i like ati better... Very Happy lol

and i got an antec 900... VERY reliable case... two on hard drives... massive fucker on top i think 140... and one at the back... extra room for one in the side too... very good air flow and u can change the settings to low med or high speed fan settings...

id also think about getting a nice aftermarket fan for the cpu if u plan on oc'ing... i got a xigmatek 1283 very very good reliable fan...

for psu i wouldnt go past a good coolermaster real power pro they're really efficient and fucken awesome
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 am

not planning on overclocking since i don't know the first thing about it lol.

as for the antec case would a 1200 be better or would the 900 be enough..

well for the 1.1 kw psu..

when you lose over 750gbs worth of data and important stuff you get real paranoid =='
lost my assignment which is due when i get back to school next week and its worth 45% so im a pretty fucked.. gotta start it over again.....

for the 4890 should i go for a single or crossfire

and as for the i7 what mobo would you reccomend coz theyre all pretty expensive and yes im planning on getting windows 7 on it
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:45 am

Seeing you must have an immense budget to spend, i recommend making something like this

Case Antec 900
RAM 6G Kit(3x2G) DDR3 1600 G.Skill-NQ / G.Skill-PI
Hard Drive 4xW.D. Velociraptor - 2 pairs of RAID0 its only 320gb each pair but its twice as fast as anything else on the market
Graphics Card 295 Inno3D / Palit / Gainward
CPU Intel Core I7 920 (or 940 if u really want)
Operating System Windows 7 x64 Cracked
Power Supply Thermaltake ToughPower 850W
Motherboard ASUS P6T
most of those parts beside the hard drives could be found at MSY, but i recommend building it yourslef. I know someone who had a computer built by msy and they put in the PSU upside down
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:50 am

ClerkWithKnife wrote:
RAM 6G Kit(3x2G) DDR3 1600 G.Skill-NQ / G.Skill-PI

6gb of ram for windows 7... ddr3 ram is pretty expensive these days

ClerkWithKnife wrote:

arent the current windows 7 beta ones though? plus don't the usual cracked ones come up with that genuine crap.. i have gotten those messages for very operating system i have ever installer

ClerkWithKnife wrote:
most of those parts beside the hard drives could be found at MSY, but i recommend building it yourslef. I know someone who had a computer built by msy and they put in the PSU upside down

i just pissed myself laughing at this one! Very Happy:D

p.s. for the mobo. would a x58 extreme be better as i might be going for crossfire/sli in the future
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:54 am

{TF}ColdPreacher wrote:

ClerkWithKnife wrote:

arent the current windows 7 beta ones though?

they are but they come with all the full features and are more stable than vista is. Cracked because theyll expire in a month or 2
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 am

ClerkWithKnife wrote:
{TF}ColdPreacher wrote:

ClerkWithKnife wrote:

they are but they come with all the full features and are more stable than vista is. Cracked because theyll expire in a month or 2

so i won't get no genuine activation crap or anything right.

p.s i'm allowed to talk about this stuff? if not ill delete those sections
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:58 am

{TF}ColdPreacher wrote:
ClerkWithKnife wrote:
{TF}ColdPreacher wrote:

ClerkWithKnife wrote:

so i won't get no genuine activation crap or anything right.

p.s i'm allowed to talk about this stuff? if not ill delete those sections

the beta is available for everyone but it will lock up soon. If you crack it it will remove the time limit and also remove the annoying 'send feedback' and 'for testing purposes' watermarks you see. Then when the full version is released early next year you can swap to that.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:00 pm

ahhkz cool ill have to find where to download one of those.

thx clerk for rig suggestions Smile

hopefully i can get the parts on tuesday as stores are closed monday =='
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:04 pm

{TF}ColdPreacher wrote:
ahhkz cool ill have to find where to download one of those.

thx clerk for rig suggestions Smile

hopefully i can get the parts on tuesday as stores are closed monday =='

these only work with build 7000 so be careful when using windows update. Download build 7000 and only install essential windows updates before you ctack it

this one removes the time limit - just run as an admin to get it to work:
http://rapidshare.com/files/218410297/TimerNukeSetup.exe.html

when using this one only click 'remove watermark' and 'remove send feedback' it will display an error but if you wait a while for the comand window that pops up to close and then u restart ur computer it will work:
http://rapidshare.com/files/218411193/7000_Plus_Patch_Orbit30.exe.html
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 pm

sweet as!

awesome job clerk owe ya big time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 pm

as i posted in traes thread just get 2 hdd in raid u wont need anymore then that coz it wont make a diff on the 3rd and 4th as the system reads through the 2nd hdd the first is already ready for the system to read from again.

i have a cooler master tough power 1500w cant go wrong if ur planning on big rigs as for the i7 and mobo u will need 3 ram sticks being the same as they r a tri system u cant put just 2 in there. get 3 2g drr3 and that should go fine for a while and in future if u want more then no probs u can have upto 12gb of ram. vista 64 reads more then 4 gigs of ram as for xp 32 or vista 32 u wont even see the full 4 gbs so if ur going to b using a 32 bit os then stick with the 3x2gbs ram

and i got the cooler master 830 stacker nvidia edtion can put 4 hdd in above each other np
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:37 pm

ahhkz so i guess 6gb ram will be a definite.

so then i guess ill stick with 2x500gb or 2x640gb depending on my budget.

i might go for a 1.5kw if it isnt too expensive Smile

for the case im still deciding between the antec 1200 and the cooler master 830 as im looking for a large case with space for any future installments
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:42 pm

well compare that cases online mate and the 1500w cost around $400
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:44 pm

400 not so bad for a 1.5KW

and yeh ill have to review those cases,, probably buy em last after i done a thorough check
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?   COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

COMPUTER EXPLODED ==' new rig suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top