Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

CryENGINE 3 is go.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

CryENGINE 3 is go..... Empty
PostSubject: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 am

Not only for PC DX9/10 but PS3 and Xbox360......new that was coming lol Rolling Eyes

linky to crytek official announcement:

http://www.crytek.com/news/news/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=143&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=85ad36bfd0

linky to Hi-res trailer at IGN:

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:19 am

I was just about to post that video. Its fucking amazing that it can run that well on a ps3/360. looks like crysis on high/very high
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 am

ClerkWithKnife wrote:
I was just about to post that video. Its fucking amazing that it can run that well on a ps3/360. looks like crysis on high/very high

Yeah if they can run crysis that good on console with the new engine imagine what we can expect on the PC... Shocked
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 am

and u know that the newbs to the game will think console got it first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 am

crysis is in tokyo!
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:14 am

Crysis/Cye Engine 2 Graphics are fucking awesome, but this, just fucken demolishes it! look at that fucking water
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 am

lol all the scenery tahts there.. and u say whooahhh look at the water haha... looks like crysis has gone a bit industrial and somewhat a bit dystopic
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 am

GazzFTW wrote:
lol all the scenery tahts there.. and u say whooahhh look at the water haha... looks like crysis has gone a bit industrial and somewhat a bit dystopic

Bit different to the Utopian vision of the current "Crysis" hey Gazz!

mmmmm dark.......bad crysis here we come Twisted Evil
Cos.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:44 am

yeah well name like one movie or book that has a utopic futuristic setting... it all goes industrial and shit like bladerunner and brave new world...

u reckon the more industrial setting will take away from the great "wild/natural" scenery in crysis and warhead??...
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 am

the scar is not the main gun used by the US also
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:54 am

GazzFTW wrote:
yeah well name like one movie or book that has a utopic futuristic setting... it all goes industrial and shit like bladerunner and brave new world...

u reckon the more industrial setting will take away from the great "wild/natural" scenery in crysis and warhead??...

Nah not at all i think it will be a welcome change.....Crysis took off from the Far Cry 1 idea of the tropical island with bright colors and big pretty environments.......one of my fav maps on Crysis is Refinery and it is the most Dystopic map of them all....i think it will be Win ...not Fail Smile
Cos.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 am

yeah looks like soe kinda navy rifle or wateva it is.. mp or sum shit
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 am

if this is actually good is will pwn the halo fan boys
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Is it just me or is the section at 38 second just after you use the binocs in teh original Crysis?
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:36 pm

nah i dont think so... looks a little different i think allt he footage they would be using for the video would be new...
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:50 pm

should see the ragin' argument they having about CE3 on mycrysis.com! Bitch ass fan boys whingin' about crytek turnin against PC to aim at the consoles. Thing is this engine would have been in production as soon as cryengine 2 was completed and I hear people saying it wont be till 2012. What a fucking crock of horse shit! They need to produce this new engine before than or they'd be bankrupt, they need to have this done before 2012 because xbox360 and PS3 wont be the new consoles anymore so why would you aim it at them? This engine is probably late alpha stage atm since it looks to me as alot of optimisations and new features added onto CE2, once they've got this engine done they will tack some more features and optimisations on it for PC only. My bet is they've got another division working on a ground up engine for release in 2012. So the final crysis will be a bigger improvement again to the original
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 am

my brother has seen the video and said that the video was probably shot with a console not a pc because of the micro lags and that when it showed the video of the rainforest it was very short and didnt show much as urban part.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:24 am

Dessicrater wrote:
My bet is they've got another division working on a ground up engine for release in 2012. So the final crysis will be a bigger improvement again to the original

hmmm.. probably.. a big improvement to the original on looks but wat will the gameplay be like?... hopefully not a big fat fail...
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 am

thats where the lower settings come into play lol
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 am

I agree with wounded, console nutjobs would get quite a hit out of cryengine, but when u compare an xbox to any decent pc i think youd get quite a few more ppl migrating to pc coz of the graphics (the entry-level xbox has the equilivant of a 7900gs apparantly)
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 am

karma wrote:
and u know that the newbs to the game will think console got it first
Yup, damn XBox LIVE inbreeds >.<

Well i really can't tell the difference from 2 and 3, but its probably just that i didn't watch it in High def... And the scenery might actually be of Pyongyang?
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 pm

im pretty sure that there wont be many ppl on consoles moving to computer gaming.. usually a PC person or a console person kinda... ppl get console for its practicality and simplicity compared to a computer.. there are a huge amount of ppl with a lack of knowledge for computers... therefore they plug and play xbox cause thats all u hav to do is plug into a tv and outlet buy the game and ur sweet... u dont hav to worry about a game on the computer not being powerful enuf to run a game etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm

tech newbs lol....I thought kids these days were up with technology but instead they are spoon fed it so they REALLY got no clue, which is an issue. If everyone was dumb and didnt know what they were getting in their console/computer they could be getting ripped off potentially because the consumers would be ignorant as to how it works.

Take a look at the electronics market now....they can manipulate kilowatt readings on their equipment to make it sound better...i.e. : This (NO NAME BRAND) stereo system has 1400 WATTS of music power! Feel the super bass extenders...blah blah blah....but in essence they are going off PMPO ( Peak Music Power Output) which is a false reading to rely on.

I constantly find morons come to my store bragging about their car audio systems with 1000 WATTS of power and I say....oh my sub is 400 watt RMS and it'll blow your stereo out of the water (Well...I don't TELL them that). Had some guy in about 2 weeks ago going on about his stereo system and he was calling tweeters....'tweekers'.

So please kiddies...don't be dumb and snap up crappy consoles....learn something and buy a computer!

Go CRYSIS!
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:10 am

lol im pretty sure all of us hav som idea on computers lol.. dessy tell the ones who dont do gamin on computers lol...

but yeah i no ALOT of ppl who just go off price for a comp.. they think its expensive therefore the best. but not necessarily.. when i started off gaming i sure as hell didnt hav a clue about computers... i remember asking quacks and boots and troppo to help... they go wats ur gfx card.. i go a 7600gt and they all just fucking laughed for like half an hour... cunts lol
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 am

lol i remember that haha. ahhh gazz.. updated yet? gonna get a 7900GT now?
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:32 am

oooooh dunno how the budget can handle it :p.. i got an 4850 oc'ed now jerkoff
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 am

Nice gazz... nice
I can keep up with tech and stuff... But i have no fucking idea how to OC my comp to make it run faster, the only sort of OCing i've done is through the ATI Catalyst control program on my card >.<
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:49 am

wounded is gotta say i laughed at how lame that sounded lol... chron mate start up a oc thread and put ur specs... some of the guys including myself... (thats right sgt)... and go thru the steps with ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:08 am

Wounded wrote:
haha do u notice how slowly they move the camera, can u see all the jerkyness, i know i did when i watched it lol

saw the jerkn too

Hopefully they make it good enough for the current GPU's
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:28 pm

CharlieFTW wrote:
Wounded wrote:
haha do u notice how slowly they move the camera, can u see all the jerkyness, i know i did when i watched it lol

saw the jerkn too

Hopefully they make it good enough for the current GPU's

was that the jerking in the crysngine you saw or something else Razz
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:42 am

loks like they have ported the cryengine 2 for consoles and used some of the console tech to 'pretty' it up a bit.

doesnt look that much better if any. looks more like a trailer for the next crysis installment
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:53 am

DaemonFTW wrote:
loks like they have ported the cryengine 2 for consoles and used some of the console tech to 'pretty' it up a bit.

doesnt look that much better if any. looks more like a trailer for the next crysis installment

Thats exactly what i thought.
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 am

My clan will be very interested in playing and showing our supremecy in this new verison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CryENGINE 3 is go.....   CryENGINE 3 is go..... Empty

Back to top Go down

CryENGINE 3 is go.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top