Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Got any details on the new cryengine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Got any details on the new cryengine? Empty
PostSubject: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:16 am

I think troppo was saying at one stage there was a new 'bend' physic being added to the new engine, where the hell did u hear that cos I can't find shit all about the new engine besides it being announced.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:59 am

ask him
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am

thanks for the thoroughly thought out input gazz! lol.

So what kind of new features would we all like to see implemented in the new cryengine?

I think the graphics only need slight tweaking and there should be more work done on AI, physics and of course story.

I want splintering wood so you can punch your way through buildings without a whole wall collapsing, bending of objects sounded cool, deformable terrain used more effectively, material rash (Like paint being scrapped off walls ect.) More enviromental effects would be great too, realistic fogs, smokes, fires. The fogs could make some hell cool scary situations, koreans charging through the fog at you with bayonetts screaming. A mission where your in a forest and the bastard koreans create use backburning to flush you out or smoke you out.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 am

I know dx11 has proper impact physics, i think thats what the 'bend' physics would be
http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/09/17/directx-11-a-look-at-what-s-coming/1
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53810
theyre what comes up when u google dx11
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Nope wasn't me saying stuff about the new engine Dessicrator, must have been someone else.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 pm

http://www.mycrysis.com/newsdetails.php?news=40799

it says it wont have dx11 support at this stage so no 'bend' mapping yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got any details on the new cryengine?   Got any details on the new cryengine? Empty

Back to top Go down

Got any details on the new cryengine?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top