Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? Empty
PostSubject: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:57 am

http://www.paleoent.com/

looks like crap! Thats how you butcher an engine that's designed to make beautiful natural landscapes. Fair enough they show that the engine can do other things but honestly....it looks like they got a grade 6 kid to draw up everything. and they got a love fantasy thing with neanderthals.

IGN quote "Paleo Entertainment was founded by Troy Latimer to deliver video games with distinctive and unpredictable storylines utilizing the most advanced technology available."

I wonder how much it cost them to lease the licence for cryengine 2 and what they expect to make back off it? Why didnt they use a more common engine for thier product like Unreal 3 Engine? The character design in that engine is more suited for neanderthal looks and the slightly cartoonish look is something U3E does better than CE2
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 am

its not that bad... its meant to look like taht kinda animation..... i actually think the gameplay and effects isnt as bad as u say... yeah sure they could make stunning scenery but ehy were going for a grungy animation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:09 am

lol. what a piece of shit. noob ass designers.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 am

I lolzed @ 'fucking butchered'. There are some other games out there too using or going to use the cryengine2 but most are way out their games. There is an MMO that is going to use CE2 engine...WTF for? Make my online mining seem more realistic? fuck me.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 am

hmm what can u say about it really, i think they mostly needed/wanted it for the explosions and enviroment also the ability to hold someones head like how it is done in crysis

lol look at the screenshots and u can see a distinct black outline of everythin, it seems to be a game that would of done great if it was released in the DOOM era
Back to top Go down
BabyPeeler

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 am

if they release this i might be able to sell my computer to buy a motorbike, and revert back to my sempron 1.6 ^^
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:58 am

lol it seems im out numbered
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:53 am

Not my kind of FPS...reminds me of TF2 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm

hmm, should just sell the computer and chuck a turbo in the corolla... what shit this is... they've made a shit game into a gay shit game.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 am

yeh the animation style of game seems to be very similar to a game called XIII, was a cartoon fps game, was pretty good i admit but what they've done with cryengine looks like a newer copy w/ shit game play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???   Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are they for real? This is what they make with the cryengine???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top