Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
n vncnRPL

Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better Empty
PostSubject: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:34 am

I like some of you have tried out the new Mod HawkeyesEdition, made by the same person who made the ssm mod to which our server runs.
I think its great so far, although unstable for me Sad , the furture versions will sure seem promosing.
It changes almost all aspects of the game back to crysis original like the gay fucking name tags that get in your way, the c4 now has a nice punch to it, and it even allows basic physics (such as moving barrels, and explosive fuel/gas tanks and other objects) to be effective in Dx9.
My next project is to incroporate ssm into this great change in crysis multiplayer to see how far we can make this apart of the Australian Multiplayer community.

i suggest getting the mod and please post here wat you think of it.
cheers
Tulz
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 am

already a thread made for it =P
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 am

serbs you noob, the post is about adding ssm to it...but true...there is already a thread on it
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 am

Sad i havent used ssm, so i have nothing constructive to add, as for the mod its fucking great cant get enough of it atm
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 am

currently i'm going to try inpliment the mod without accturly ppl needing to have it to use it.
sorry about this being the second thread on this subject as i cannot find the original
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:21 am

being someone who is shit in a long gunfight and doesnt like wriggling back and forth prone and standing like a retarded fish, i'd like it to stay as it is.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 am

even having walljump and strafejump comps was the best. you could retract from the actual game to have a "sub-game" if you will.

I remember me, Wounded and someone else were strafejumping on Refinery from the crane to the spotlight near the centre bunker. and strafing off the Warfac roof tower to the adjacent building roof.

That's the shit that made crysis a really fun game.

and stranghtpunching spawntrucks on top of the crane too. rofl
Back to top Go down
Jarhead

PostSubject: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 am

how did u guys eva do that wall jump or whatever shit.

l tried but l didn't know.

l saw one of Woundeds Vids b4 and it looked fucking awesome with the walljump and all this other BS lol
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 am

walljump sounds like a double jump that you do when contacting a building, either way I will learn...and adapt and destroy muhahah
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 am

im in, cant wait for the long dog fights again.. just gotta get back to the rhythm Smile
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:33 am

Tulz we had a German guy in my Hawkeye serv last nite who had been into it a bit he said he thought ssm wasnt compatible with the mod, but maybe a patch would enable the two to work together?
SSM and this mod would be fantastic Smile
Cos
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:36 am

yeah thats the thing... it may not be compatible now but if we fine it down to know just wat we want we should be able to modify wat we need to get it running first
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 am

What in gods name is wall jumping?
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 am

Would it be possible to have only a few days a week in which this mod is used so that crappy players like myself dont get completely owned? I do bad enough as is
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 am

NEW VERSION OUT NOW...0.06
get it from here: http://hawkeyeedition.jnana.de/HawkeyeEdition-0v06.exe
i'll be hosting a server for THE NEW version only so that its better gameplay....when ppl will hopefully start playing it Very Happy
OH AND IT SEEMS SSM IS COMPATIBLE WITH THIS ONE
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:17 am

cHr0n0sPh3r3 wrote:

Before they patched it, you used to be able to do a sort of double jump up a vertical wall simply by running and jumping into the wall, your characters hands would come out and sort of pat the wall with both palms - at this point if you pressed jump again you would do a second jump.

Allowed people to get up all sorts of places with ease, however Crytek said this wasnt intended and was an exploit. And so everyone got very angry for one of the most fun things you could do in your super suit was removed from the game.

You can still see your character do the 'wall patting' with the hands now if you just run into a wall. but you cant do wall jumps anymore.

There also used to be extensive rail riding, where you could sort of 'ride' along any corners or edges or rails of buildings and stuff.
You can still do that to some slight extent now, but its not really useful.

This mod would be way cool, but unless theres a way players can auto download it when joining a server, its going to be tricky to get a good server up that uses this mod. Crytek seems to show some enthusiasim for mods with the new mod option in the main menu, but so far the auto downloading is for maps only.

IF they ever did introduce auto downloads for mods, people could potentially add entirely new game content such as weapons and vehicles, completely custom levels and all manners of things which wouldnt be possible otherwise because each client needs the files to be able to use advanced stuff that isnt server side.

I think that's something Crytek want to think long and hard about, as much as they seem to be FOR the people, they seem to make choices with their patches going against what the people want.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:42 am

your dog wrote:
cHr0n0sPh3r3 wrote:

Before they patched it, you used to be able to do a sort of double jump up a vertical wall simply by running and jumping into the wall, your characters hands would come out and sort of pat the wall with both palms - at this point if you pressed jump again you would do a second jump.

Allowed people to get up all sorts of places with ease, however Crytek said this wasnt intended and was an exploit. And so everyone got very angry for one of the most fun things you could do in your super suit was removed from the game.

You can still see your character do the 'wall patting' with the hands now if you just run into a wall. but you cant do wall jumps anymore.

There also used to be extensive rail riding, where you could sort of 'ride' along any corners or edges or rails of buildings and stuff.
You can still do that to some slight extent now, but its not really useful.

hey seem to make choices with their patches going against what the people want.

um wtf... i always knew walljumping as jumping up a wall in strength mode then wave ur mouse up and down and it makes u go higher... mnot this other mumbo jumbo ur talkin about ahhaahahh
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 am

GazzFTW wrote:

um wtf... i always knew walljumping as jumping up a wall in strength mode then wave ur mouse up and down and it makes u go higher... mnot this other mumbo jumbo ur talkin about ahhaahahh

oh whoops yeah wave your mouse about n that too

yeah i just blabbered on about how it was removed, and what ive read across forums and stuff about people being upset about that

then i mentioned the rail thing because ive seen videos of people doing it before, and you can still do it some extent on certain corners and rails - your character just slides along the edges its odd.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:23 am

Seeing as everyone would love to play this mod and our IA server gets little/no traffic, why not use that server to run the mod full time jocolor
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 am

well, when ive been on for the past 2 days, ia's been more popular then the normal wars/ps one.
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:28 am

Wounded wrote:
it used to be awesome falling from a huge height onto a railing and not dieing, was awesome for trying to excape from places

u sound like dangerdan Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better   Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawkeyes.Edition Mod to change crysis wars for the better

View previous topic View next topic Back to top