Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis vs Wars - Damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

Crysis vs Wars - Damage Empty
PostSubject: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me asking these kinds of things here...

Just wondering what the general consensus is on the damages in Wars compared to the original Crysis. Did you prefer the way you needed to empty twice the amount of bullets into the enemy in Crysis, or do you prefer the triple-shot nature of Wars? What about the fall damage? In Crysis you can actually jump off the bridge on Shore and survive the fall, Wars you wouldn't make half that height and live.

So, yeah, which do you prefer? Weak armour in Wars, or Beefcake armour in Crysis?

Last edited by Shinanigans on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I personally prefer Crysis (2007) Style, though, Quacks did at one stage have the damage reduced to simulate Crysis, then community didnt really like this.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

i prefer the higher damage
seriously, faster paced action is a bonus in multiplayer. if you gotta empty 80 bullets in the HOPE youll eventually kill someone without anyone else stealing it then thats wasting time..

the fall damage is ok but you can use the parachute glitch to survive large falls. personally id like it if you could fall alot further with little damage, fuckin gay jumping off a 1 story building and losing a bit of energy.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 am

Gay, i added a poll but it doesn't show. :<

Cheers for the input so far. Keep em comin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 am

what wounded said

i was completely hopeess at the original but I still found it much more fun than wars, now when I come back to the original i can play much better
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:40 am

if you're good at original crysis then crysis wars should be like fkn tic tac toe
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:27 am

yeh one of the fucked up things is when im camping it out at the proto hehe when the front door is opened by sum1 outside and i go to shut it, after its shut im being shot at for a good 3-5seconds sometimes dying =='

also dunno if its net lag on my side... but when im in a firefight and i win for sum reason my gun keeps shooting till the clip runs out then most if not all my health disappears meaning its taken good few seconds to actually recognize i lost health
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 am

One of the major reasons I lost iunterest in crysis for a long time was due to armour mode getting nerfed like crazy. You can actually find cover quite well in original crysis after being smashed in the back by some cloaker fag waiting in a bush. Unfortunately wars promotes alot of camping as you get get easy kills by holding down your trigger and no recoiling whilst standing up 4 miles away due to the weak ass armour mode.

So yes, original beats wars on both armour mode efectiveness and fall damage. I think the only things that wars beats crysis with is the fatser suit regen, making high powered weaps only avail in proto and the reduced damage to infantry from vehicles (i used to rage hard when id die whilst entering or getting out of a car or get smashed by silent exploding vehicle which is ages away).

The following list is a bunch of failed changes they made, IMO:

-reduced punch damage sucks balls
-removal of trick jumps was stupid
-instead of removing the no recoil bug with sniper scope in original they made it so you can no recoil with everything lol
-armor mode effectiveness reduced sucks as discussed
-fall damage increased sucks
-TAC nuke changes
-Reducing drift in cars
-Decreasing cloak visibility, there was a way to make youself stop blue lining, too many homos just didnt figure it out
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 am

oh and the lowering of c4 availiable too

sum things they made better in wars was

pistol shooting speed
shotgun shooting speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis vs Wars - Damage   Crysis vs Wars - Damage Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis vs Wars - Damage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: First Person Shooters :: Crysis Wars :: Maps, Mods and Sandbox Playground-
Jump to: