Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ifweavfnya

17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done Empty
PostSubject: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:09 pm

here are the pics, ive labeled them by their names

http://rapidshare.com/files/242532671/Batch.zip.html

This is my second attempt at multitouch (I kinda lost motivation to finish the 40" screen but i may get it done sometime) and for once it actually woks... sorta.

When pulling of some tape holding the LCD matrix temporarily in place I ripped one of the fucking FCCs that connects the LCD to the driver circuit, destroying the LCD matrix. To add to that, i also got a smear of superglue (i swear it isnt jizz) on the LCD matrix which didnt help. But its all fine cos i can get a second 17" screen for 10 BUCKS from the school who must sell crack to cover their losses or something.

anyway it should be done soon ill add to this once its finished ( i should be getting the replacement lcd sometime next week) with a video of some of the awesome apps that work with this

the pictures dont really follow any order but show various stages in the creation of the box
Back to top Go down
DaPony
DaPony

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Clerk how much for you to make one FOR pony?
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 pm

for anyone here: $300

for pony: $8000

edit: these things are a potential goldmine. Mine cost about $120 to make and I had to get excess wood and aluminium + shipping costs for the camera and LEDs. And a SINGLE touch version would be worth a few thousand, and as soon as you step up to multitouch the value increases by 7 times. The only problem is its depth but if i can get the school to fund me ill build a much more professional one that should be able to fit into the original LCD case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:11 pm

You're probably going to have to give us a 95% cut because i said so.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

omg what state are you in? SA ?

if so depending on how you go i may seriously buy/steal one from you if i happen to be very bored and they turn out way cool.

also what school do you go to so i can buy $10 LCDs too.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:24 am

saints, the rich bastards Very Happy

if u seriously want one i can see what i can do, my next step is to convert a lcd monitor matrix into a 1024*768 3mm thick touch panel and get it patented if it hasnt been done before pirat

and adelaide is where you least expect it
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:27 am

yeah id be much rather interested in like.. something that isnt as deep as it is wide.

saints as in peters as in the only richkid school which has its name abbreviated to 'saints' other than saint peters girls..o wait.

itd be funny if they were a pov school, because then everyone would just call them the "peter's boys"
also sounds kinda creepy.
Back to top Go down
DaPony
DaPony

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 am

ClerkWithKnife wrote:
for anyone here: $300

for pony: $8000

edit: these things are a potential goldmine. Mine cost about $120 to make and I had to get excess wood and aluminium + shipping costs for the camera and LEDs. And a SINGLE touch version would be worth a few thousand, and as soon as you step up to multitouch the value increases by 7 times. The only problem is its depth but if i can get the school to fund me ill build a much more professional one that should be able to fit into the original LCD case.

cmon ill pay you $350?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done   17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done Empty

Back to top Go down

17" LCD multitouch box *very* nearly done

View previous topic View next topic Back to top