Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION Empty
PostSubject: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:04 pm

i have begun planning out in detail the video tutorials i plan to make
once you start writing shit out kinda makes you realise there is a FUCKLOAD to cover

currently theyll be presented in an official way, where ill use the video and photoshop tricks i know to make the videos look very nice and pro
there will be NO SUBTITLES.
it will be a voice over by voice-to-text synthesis. the voice will be female
it will be a SERIES of tutorials that follow logically and consecutively.

i plan them to be SHORT as possible, with each tutorial focusing on a few key points.

the first will be a 'getting started' simply telling you to get comfy with a good pc, setting up graphics, finding servers, and how to press keys on a keyboard
the second will tell you about the suit modes, what they do, and describe the rules of powerstruggle and how to play basically

i plan to do a tutorial about:
- each of the weapons and equipment, placing claymores, c4, using the radar, damage delt, silencer, laser, scopes
- sniping and cloaking, finding cloakers, and cloaking well, how to snipe and use the sniper well, as well as against other snipers
- vehicles, covering what they all do, including flying ones and how to fly a VTOL and HELICOPTER.
- how to play powerstruggle WELL. this includes optimising buying stuff in general, picking targets on the field, securing objectives and ways of playing basically
- advanced tactics in powerstruggle

as i go on ill update the above list to better indicate what goes in what. alot will be taken from the thread i made of how to play
once i've written detail for each tutorial ill post some stuff up and ill complete each tutorial before beginning the next, put it up in case there are any post changes people think should be made and that i can make before i get too lazy

if theres anything you want to suggest or really want me to demonstrate clearly, post it here
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 4:49 am

hello your dog, yeah I got a question
what in the world are you doing up at 3am in the morning thinking about crysis tutorials ?
Am i reading that right ? 3:04AM ?!?!?!?!
what ? did someone spike your mydog or pal with "v" and "mother' and uppers ?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:46 am

lol and then i wake up just now aye, well about 1:30pm

i was up bored sposed to be doing stuff and then i got distracted and thought may as well make a start writing stuff

gosh id love a V, please!
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:28 am

Great idea mate. if you wanted to i would be happy to take part. i would guess you need a recorder and a demonstrator to show the various aspects of the game.

I'm keen to jump aboard and have a server ready to go just for this kind of thing.

(Just have to rebuild my pc as the Mobo has died)
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 am

yeah alot of it will have to be scripted
because itll be pretty hard to show some stuff if youre dying all the time because you want to actually SHOW something.

the first two tutorials though will be me pretty much showing people configuring and then like a tour of how to play basically, so not much will be involved from other players. the third tutorial will be demonstrating different weapons i may just use in game regular match footage for that, same with fourth for vehicles.

but i think there will be some things in those that may need setting up, ill have to see. when i get to the scripting part, so far its still just writing out detailed notes.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 am

Mate i'm really interested in this and look forward to seeing your stuff. Any help wanted, just let me know.

Feel free to use stuff from here: http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=154888

But would appreciate credit where due Smile
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 am

shin thats a nice link.

i know all that stuff already and i liked to acknowledge credit to those ive learnt from but the best i can do is 'thank you FTW and crysis community' because everyones taught me a bit of everything and always learn new stuff =P

the stuff about DX9 mode and removing videos i dont think ill put in the tutorial though i use em myself. perhaps i should. already the first tute though my notes are like 2500 words worth!

i think ive got 9 tutorials in mind we'll see how it goes

two of those will be dedicated to glitches and hacks, and the FTW server.
Back to top Go down
DatDereCelltech

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 am

Heh don't really see the point to be honest. Not that many new players to crysis these days, or at least it dosen't seem like it to me. And I doubt any new players are gonna go and watch ton sof tutorials, most just wanna play the game and have fun and learn for themselves. Also where are you planning to put these tutorials ;o? On this site?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 pm

yeah Ziah i was thinking that exactly! its like way too fucking late for some tutorials.
id throw them up on youtube and get people to put them up wherever like Internode forums , maybe mycrysis if they like em, etc.

and while it may too late in a sense, crytek did have that free weekend and as this is their only real game they have going still til the new crysis theyll want to encourage people to continually get it, therell always be players

and at least once its done we can point people to them if they ever want to learn something

and the whole point for many tutorials is i can keep them short and people can only watch the ones that interest them. kinda like chapters on a dvd
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:06 am

your dog, all good man. I just meant if you were going to copypasta any of it, that's all Smile

I've put up a few research threads on a few forums and the amount of people that didn't understand powerstruggle and couldn't be fucked learning it was actually much higher than i thought.

I'd suggest if you still wanna do it, do it. There may not be many people out buying the game today, but there's still a heap of people who have already bought the game but cbf learning it. If anything, so long as Crytek don't change the basis of the game in Crysis2, it would be great to have some stuff like this for when that comes out.

I too have left my efforts far too late for it to be anything big, but i'm still going along with it. The more i do now the more prepped i can be for Crysis2, and i'm going to hit that game hard when it comes out because i wanna get more than 6 months of game time out of it this time around.
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 am

Hello your_dog. I'm happy to chip in as well if you need any extras.
I tend to disagree with ziah and I am in a good mood today so not really interested in abusing him, as Pauline and I usually would Very Happy
If he starts, then Pauline and I will finish him, but otherwise I'll keep it relevant and on topic.
Pauline and I are still very interested in tutorials and I know there is still quite a community who are interested.
I would be very supportive and happy to point to your tutorials, especially ingame on the other servers where Pauline and I frewquent, where the quality of players are not as high as the FTW lot, but DO regularly request for stuff like this.
I still see ingame messages like how do I change weapons ? Where do I buy a tank ?
Even say wargrounds australia clan, who are NOT a crysis clan but have crysis playing members, I'd be happy to post a thread there as well to assist them and hopefully increase interest in crysis.
Anyway, just wanted to say I appreciate the efforts and acknowledge the scale of the task.
Yes, it is a little too late, but not completely.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 am

thanks danielle. yeah i still havent done very much, gosh im lazy.

truth is actually ive got some uni work to do still and exams are coming up so hopefully if i can get em all planned out then after that i can start knocking them out.
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey dog ill try to chip in when i can, but atm im working on the ftw vid. If you need any scripting just ask; take a look at this whopper:

Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION 5-03-20096-21-46PM

That flowgraph handles (from memory) something like 20 ppl gettin into trucks, then 10 cars and 3 trucks driving along paths. The complicated bit though is the variation of speed part. It sets a random speed (2 or 3) for each vehicle to travel at AND makes sure that no vehicle gets too far away from any other vehicle. Razz

PS im not sure if ill end up using this graph, it was for one of my earlier projects that i may one day return to.
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm

[F_CK] Danielle wrote:
Hello your_dog. I'm happy to chip in as well if you need any extras. ?? extra what ?? blowjobs?

I tend to disagree with ziah and I am in a good mood today so not really interested in abusing him, as Pauline and I usually would Very Happy
If he starts, then Pauline and I will finish him, but otherwise I'll keep it relevant and on topic. - Speak for yourself --- One thing to say about Ziah is this, he once tried to fuck himself but failed when he rejected himself.... poor fucker

Pauline and I are still very interested in tutorials and I know there is still quite a community who are interested. - I personally couldn't give a raw rats cunt for your tutorials, i know you all cheat and that is why i cant beat you! So next time you do a tutorial please please explain how to cheat and hack like wounded and dog.

I would be very supportive and happy to point to your tutorials, - nope fuck you all. You want support buy a bra. This is just Danielle trying to sneak up your asses.

especially ingame on the other servers where Pauline and I frequent, where the quality of players are not as high as the FTW lot, but DO regularly request for stuff like this. - Oh Please.. Give me a fucking bucket.. oh ftw are sooo good i just cant wait to lick their cocks.. oh ftw are so much better than other clans i cant wait to have them piss in mouth... This is how Danielle gets friends... lays in the trough mouth open and smiles up at you!

I still see ingame messages like how do I change weapons ? Where do I buy a tank ? - You have never made enough money to buy a tank you stupid bitch.

Even say wargrounds australia clan, who are NOT a crysis clan but have crysis playing members, I'd be happy to post a thread there as well to assist them and hopefully increase interest in crysis. - what have you now started work for the crysis pr firm? i have just vomited on my keyboard and now my fingers are getting wet as i type through this vomit.. I can't believe i am hearing this shit.. We are banned from almost every other server for bad language and generally fucking with the games, abusing people and being cunts.... the last thing we do is Promote the fucking game... Fuck me in the ass i can't believe it.

Anyway, just wanted to say I appreciate the efforts and acknowledge the scale of the task.
Yes, it is a little too late, but not completely.
- just lay down open your cavernous mouth and get ready, if you are not banned for this outright horse shit dick gobbling cum tasting vomit lining bag of cunt juice i will be amazed...
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:08 pm

yeah i dont think scripting will be needed, just some quiet times on the FTW server ill come in with a few people and 'set up' situations to demonstrate simple stuff, gradually getting more complex

i tried filming some shit today while on under another name, got some good sniper shots in but i ended up playing like shit and getting mad lag.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:08 pm

What categories have you got so far?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

ive done some nice preliminary footage theres a round late at night with a few people on i did really well in with some good shots.

um. i planned like 8 tutorials that just build up discussing stuff. i havent written anything new for it though for a while..

tutorial 1 - getting started
literally explain how to set up crysis, graphics stuff, and the basic controls.
people ask about this shit every now and then so thought may as well make a tute for it

tutorial 2 - the suit and powerstruggle
basically just how the suit works and barebone basic tactics like 'aim for the head' and 'use cover'
and how power struggle works

tutorial 3 - the guns and gear of crysis
will cover every single gun and the equipment you can get, how to use stuff, etc..

tutorial 4 - the vehicles of war
all the vehicles, their weakpoints, and how to use em

tutorial 5 - better gameplay and powerstruggle tactics
tactics on using nades and guns and all kinds of shit, basically all the tutes up until now put into good practice and capturing shit, teamwork, blah blah

tutorial 6 - a guide to snipers and cloakers
exactly that, full detail about cloakers, cloaking, and snipers and sniping

tutorial 7 (PSA) - common glitches and identifying hacks
as is

tutorial 8 (PSA) - AusServerFTW
as much as i can think of to talk about the server, especially shit like new vehicles and stuff.

tutorial 9 - advanced powerstruggle tactics
exactly that

? tute 10 ? - instant action
dunno if ill bother making one, power struggle is the more complex one

i wanna keep em as concise as possible but i guess we'll see

if anyone thinks 'holy shit why so many?' or 'man these will go on for ages' fuck you theres alot of shit in crysis you dont really realise until you start to think of planning it, and it would help to cover it
also by splitting the tutes up people can focus on different stuff to learn.
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 am

Yea don't point out that Wounded is a fucking hacker, best just point out the good points..like the friendly membership of the F_ck clan...
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 am

Ha Ha now you get it!

Just look at our pictures and see if you can keep your pants on!
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:47 am

your dog wrote:
yeah i dont think scripting will be needed, just some quiet times on the FTW server ill come in with a few people and 'set up' situations to demonstrate simple stuff, gradually getting more complex

Hey your_dog, what if you just create another server just for your use ?
If you have certain scenarios in mind then just let those interested in helping know and we could just do as per your direction.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 am

DaemonFTW wrote:

I'm keen to jump aboard and have a server ready to go just for this kind of thing.

Still stands
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:16 am

Yea lets just use the c44x server, Its generally empty except for some wankers walking around checking out the butterflies as they sing old abba songs..
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 am

yeah, what a fantastic idea !!!
lets turn the c44x server into an ftw training and tutorial server !!!
We can change our names to c44x profiles like:
c44x SEEKER sux cox
c44x freestyle my ass
c44x father MK is a pedo
c44x dodo the dumb fuck
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am

for ur tutorial 2 i wouldn't go too much into depth about aiming for the head as its teaching you how to play. maybe put that in either advanced tactics. first teach em how to aim, then strafe, then combine them.

or

mention towards the end. that once you have achieved the skill of aiming properly while strafing etc... try aiming for more headshots as more damage is taken by your opponent blah blah blah.

doubt new players are gonna have a fun time going for headshots the whole time if they havent learned the more basic concepts of a firefight such as aiming, using lasers, strafing and anything else
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 am

rofl

well some glitches will have to be discussed, ie: your legs stick out through thin walls and stuff when your prone in narrow spaces
its a negative thing, sure, but it has to be noted still because its currently a part of the game that can be taken advantage of. i thought i'd throw hacks in to help people identify that shit too.
hmm..

once ive written out what to cover for basic gameplay and stuff and definately for demonstrating vehicle weakpoints and some of the weapons ill probs need a server so ill let you guys n Daemon know when i get to that point. clearly its easier to show off diff vehicles and how to destroy them easily when you can just spawn them and stuff without others interrupting.

as for the girls' ideas i think they may be on to something for a quick fix until then =P
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 am

yeah syler i know what you mean, honestly i was gonna tell them to go for body shots like the chest because its an easier target, and save headshots for later

but saying 'aim for the head' hopefully demonstrated that it will be BASIC stuff like 'oh i just got this game how do i play'

as it gets to the more advanced tutorials itll incoporate different things to do
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 am

ahhkz yeh i get what you mean there.

oh and i am availiable to host an ssm server if you need one.
just give us a buzz if you need one.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:00 am

If you want to show off the mods on our server you can check my test server which has the same config as the ausserver (custom vehicles, multiple c4s increaced rifle damage vs cars etc) and you can film some on there if you need to, or wounded could lock the IA server for us to record

EDIT: beat me to it sneaky fuck
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 am

you should also have another tutorial on how to compete against wounded ingame when he is using all his fkn macros and glitches to his advantage. Smile
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 am

i really should change that signature lol. maybe to a sentence long. to how wounded is a glitching/ macro whoring fag Smile
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 am

give me all ur macros and tell me all your glitches and how to exploit em.

all for testing purposes only Very Happy
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 am

can i be apart of the tutorial....the section "how to detect a hacker" maybe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 am

hmm i will out hack you Very Happy...then i'll be the hero
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:24 am

lol fits wounded perfectly. have a video tutorial of how to detect faggots using hacks. video of wounded pops up macroing and glitching with his suspicious aiming skills as well.
by the end of the movie the whole community will know how to spot a hacker.
have a little blooper at the end saying the most visible glitch is.... *shows woundeds face* Smile works well ey?
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 am

we will kick him then play the vid of that kid smashing up his keyboard
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 am

lol yeh that works perfectly Very Happy
maybe put a picture of a fatass with a red face just before he smashes his keyboard up
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 am

SylerFTW wrote:
you should also have another tutorial on how to compete against wounded ingame when he is using all his fkn macros and glitches to his advantage. Smile

rofl fuck theres alot of posts already man..

anyways Wounded is easy as piss to beat in game;

step 1: when he goes into his hidey-hole called the proto, wait patiently for him to spend the next ten minutes intricately placing claymores in obvious spots

step 2: buy nano nades and a shotgun. laser may be attached to make wounded feel like more of a noob, or use a flashlight because he spends so much time in the proto he's gone nearly blind due to a lack of natural light

step 3: charge into the proto and jump over his claymores

step 3.5: throw nano nade while spectacularly backflipping over obvious claymores

step 4: aim barrel into a surprised wounded's face who is still clutching claymores

step 5: shotty to the face!

Last edited by your dog on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

tulzer wrote:
hmm i will out hack you Very Happy...then i'll be the hero

hahahah

"in event of hacker, HACK HARDER!"
Back to top Go down
n vncnRPL

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:30 am

Very Happy i am the hero of this sory....just like gordan ramsey
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Hey syler how about this for your sig: axe wound is really a fucking big dirty cunt who likes tulzer's cream pies and link to that song... I'm thinking about your axe wound... I'm thinking about your gash...
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 am

or miss the timing of jumping over a claymore and splatter yourself on the proto roof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION   Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis Wars tutorial DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top