Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

FRAPS help, using the recorded video files

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

FRAPS help, using the recorded video files Empty
PostSubject: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 am

ARRGGGH so ive got 70 GB of fraps video files, they are .avi (which is just a container, not really a format) and i want to work out how i can use them in Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro to make videos n stuff to throw up on youtube.

ive done it before, but i cant remember how to. the problem is if i try playing them in VLC or load them into Vegas, i dont get any video footage - just the audio part.

anyone able to help? im looking at Wounded and Traelium mainly.

ty in advance guys.

PS. ive got SUPER converter, but before i start playing with that and wasting hours with no results i wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions first.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 am

nvm all sorted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm

UUMM hey Dog how did u use frap with out it shitting its self, i have tried to run it while playing MW2 and it laggs the F*&k out of my computer, and i have also tried buring it to DVD disk but it still made no diffrence am i missing somthing here, i also tried using my TV tuner card to record strait from my GFX card using S video but it could only do 480i and it looks a bit shit.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 am

Hey illicit download this new fraps, i notice a less lag in games.

http://www.4shared.com/file/3NjwT8Yg/Fraps_v312_Full_.html
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 am

Fraps always lags you up. No matter what version you can really feel the lag, it's just how it works.
The point is you will hopefully have smooth and good quality video files out of it.

Of course the newer the version the better : P The newest is version 3.2.2 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:37 am

i use wegame allot less laggy and good quality check it out
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 am

if anyone saw the link i posted before about fraps 3.2.2 dont download it....i learned the hardway it was a trojan lol.

Downloading wegame now, guna see if its better than fraps.

this link i found for fraps 3.2.2 works perfect http://hotfile.com/dl/45939815/e314f2a/ft.3.2.2_supra_rz.rar.html
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:02 am

also ody, how did u like getting kicked from COD4 a couple months back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am

Does wegame have all the same high end output as Fraps though? I've tried a few alternatives and that's what they are usually missing. I bet it can't go higher than 30fps (fraps can go 60) and it might not output true full quality vid files.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 am

for some reason it wont let me use it on a 64 bit pc...might be vista shitting itself again...

edit: got it working....fraps still better imo, the image quality doesnt look all that flash on wegame, and there is a small constant lag which you wouldnt notice if you thought it to be normal. also fraps image quality is 100x better imho. and ive used fraps 3.2.2 and 3.1.2 i have to say 1.2 is abit more stable.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 am

How did you measure that?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 am

Fraps vs Fraps or Fraps vs wegame?
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 am

Fraps vs Fraps, lol I checked out a screenshot of wegame options and could tell it wouldn't be as high quality.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 am

yea, i recorded a clip which has shitloads of stuff happening in it, also opened crysis and recorded general play, 3.2.2 seems to jump-lag more then 3.1.2, also ran them simultaneously together at three different places in cwars, 3.2.1 had less jumps in it.

But if your having problems with 3.1.2 id say go to 3.2.2 as it might have some updates for other games.
haven't actually read the release notes Razz
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:45 am

Hmm I really can't tell the difference. Maybe my lag receptors just aren't as good, but all I get from any version is mega gay lag.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 am

Hmm, make sure its "Half size" and disable audio, 60fps. try 40-50 fps see if theres any difference?
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:54 am

No way, full size is what I want : P But my max res is 1680 x 1050 so half size would really limit my final vid quality for me.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 am

haha, that could be the lag culprit right there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Cheers guys will download the New version, i have also seen wegames downloader thing but it dosnt do audio when u use it with a G35 headset for some reason, It would be nice to see what Pc component is causing the problem so i knw WTF to upgrade.

Last edited by IllicitFTW on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 am

Ok i have one more question this may sound a bit far fetched but here it goes, Say i have another PC on my network is there some way that i am able to run faps on that PC over the network so fraps uses that PCs CPU and memory if it can plz tell me how.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:58 am

If your referring to if it can use fraps over the network and use the cpu and memory of another computer to record what’s on yours, there is honestly no use, the time it will take to send the videos and load them up will make you lag even more then fraps already does.
Fraps in itself wont be able to do that, but other programs might, but its no use imo, it will just eat up your bandwidth Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 am

Dude you so do not knw wtf you are on about, i have tried to record it to a disk driver DVD and it still made no diffrence. So PLZ no more posts from you in the tec discussion. But virt how would you do it coz i am realy trying to get this shyt running good, and i have a gigabyte switch with cat 6 cable so think it might just work.
Back to top Go down
NapsterFTW
FTW Clan Member
NapsterFTW

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 am

Do you need me to come around and get fraps working properly for you? Its not that hard Smile ever tried changing the cores fraps uses on your cpu?

Let me know cause there are other ways of recording ingame footage and speeding up fraps.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:37 am

Most liely youd have to use a remote viewing utility, which still isnt as promising as fraps.
Btw which version of fraps you running?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:38 am

Nappy post up some ways here so you can help us reduce the lag Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:48 am

Yea how do u set that shit up on how many cores fraps uses. I got it to work all good now but it would be nice if i could get it to work better.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:19 am

oh, i thought there was some magic thing youd have to do Razz, im assuming settings its affinity would limit its performance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 am

Well its been alot of help so far guys, one more question when i record it saves my game into like 4 diffrent movie icons why is that, and how do i make it one.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:52 am

What a Face

Last edited by Virtuoso X on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:26 am

Cool I just used windows movie maker and it done the job for me, but it only plays at 25 FPS is that normal.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 am

Use YouCam power director, i can provide a full dl link, works perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 am

Many thanks to all and joker for trying to put a effort in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: .   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 am

CAnt seem to get a good crked copy of sony vegas dosnt wanna work for me, any one knw how i can would be nice,
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:00 pm

F*&king legend, hope fully this is the last post i make about make movies and shyt.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Smile no probs. looking forward to watching your videos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:29 am

Fuck me youtube takes friken ages to upload shit to any way that i can speed it up at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:52 am

One more thing with sony vegas when i try and import media it will frezz for like 30 sec or so and then i can import the media is this normal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRAPS help, using the recorded video files   FRAPS help, using the recorded video files EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:25 am