Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earz4life
Earz4life

[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 am

Ok so about 6 or 7 months ago i got quite into machinima and decided i wanted to make my own. I had already been using Sandbox 2 a bit and after seeing Eden - the Zhang Chronicles i simply couldnt resist doing something like that myself.

So basically what it is is a (designed to be a bit rediculous) persuit of a convoy of NKs through a slightly edited MESA by the US, all synchronated to Muse's ASSASSIN. Once the warhead editor comes out i hope to also add in Colonel Lee to the video.

So 7 months in, these are some screenies i can show you (theres a lot more that ive done but its not like im gonna post up 100000 pictures)

These are just two tunnels i quickly constructed to film the first 7ish seconds in:
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-19-20PM

Here is where the tunnels "come out", and u get the first glimpse of the whole convoy (1 heavy vehicle, 10 standard cars, 2 trucks i think)
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-15-34PM

A pic to show a little bit of some of the camera paths (and yes i have used 5 cameras in my first scene and ill definally be adding more)
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-17-26PM

The first lot of US boyz
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-17-58PM

A roadblock (does quite a lot of damage: 10 US boyz with scars, 5 turrets)
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-16-27PM

I decided to redo every single tunnel in the map so they werent blocked off anymore
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-20-13PM

A whole group of US boyz that ive got following the last car (heavy vehicle), dunno if ill use this in the final video
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-23-17PM

The people above also belong to this flowgraph, which makes all 40-something of them to strength mode
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-22-19PM

The biggest flowgraph in my map so far (i have over 30 already). This graph makes sure that 15 vehicles have slightly randomised movement while not actually getting too far away from eachother, puts 12 ppl into various vehicles, makes 8 vehicles follow paths and sets correct AI actions/paramiters etc.
[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] 5-03-20096-21-46PM

Making a video in editor is a lot harder than it looks. I must be a very, very big idiot to actully do this but its ACTUALLY WORKING so im gonna keep going on it. Kids, dont try this at home. Alternatively, try and most likely fail like I probably will.

Earz

Last edited by Earz4life on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 am

man with that technical knowledge you could get after effects and earn a few grand on every project.
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks trae and i completely agree, just one issue:
I dont happen to own the music rights, so technically im not allowed earn money on it in case i get a law suit
BUT, i have considered the possibility and so have already begun to plan (in my head) another one.
Dont be expecting it soon tho. lol

Earz
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am

that definately looks pretty cool buddy.. will be good to see the finished product... i no for fact i couldnt be bothered to make that shit lol
Back to top Go down
The Tear
The Tear

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:47 am

Looks complexly unbearable.
Rofl.
How do you find the patience for this...?
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 am

Gazz/Tear, i honestly dont know how i can be bothered 2 do this, im just absolutely fucking determined to make it work.
There are often times when i give it a break for a week or 2 but i always come back to it coz i REALLYREALLYREALLY want 2 make it work.
If im not playing wars then most likely im workin on this

Earz
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:06 am

hey looks interesting, any chance i can grab it off you wen done that would be fun. can you set that sort of this up for MP, sorta like a challenge sorta thing, starts easy then gets unbearable towards the end to the point where you cant finish it. sorta a challenge to see how far you could get in it.

mmm chheers boots
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:25 pm

lol reminds me a bit of comand and conquer with the ambushin n shit from the side
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:38 am

TEASER TRAILER!!
I made this to give you all a first glimpse of what the video will be like, as well as to familiarize myself with the filming and editing process

TEASER TRAILER: Crysis Music Video from Chris Daniels on Vimeo.

Enjoy!Very Happy

Earz

PS. if the video doesnt work you may need to refresh the page a few times
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:31 am

holy shit earz i was listenig to Assasin at the same time i clicked pla on your video lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]   [WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!] Empty

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Crysis video (well, music video) FIRST PICS! [NOW WITH TEASER TRAILER!!]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top