Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Wounded wrote:
yeah PM me the ones u have written down, i only have a few for original crysis, so i can check for ya

its okay wounded, i got it all sorted in the end.

just gotta learn to play it now. cheers anyways
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Okayz... my assessment after 2hours of play.

Fuckin boring. NEXTT!

Everything takes time to get use to. Shooting shit is ridiculous. there is so many of the same type vehicle that you don't give a fuck really what you choose.

Vtol/AA crap is unbalance. full of shit. + the controlling of the mechs. ffs wheres the 3rd person view. 1st person view is ridiculously shit. There hard to control. instead of focusing on how ur gonna shot cunts. half the time your trying to control your vehicle. wtf.....

-1 for this game. Section 8 is quite similar. But section 8 had shatted on this mod.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 am

Now for a proper verdict....

As far as a Mech based game, it has plenty of things going for it, after all it is a beta. There are a few bugs that certainly need to be addressed like collision paths and movement through terrian, also the strange bug of dropping through the hangar bays and such.

Weapons are at this moment linked to model variants instead of custom picked and unlinked autofire mode isnt up and working as it should, instead there is a link/unlink feature to set weapons to keys, which is slightly annoying.

Some of the model textures have not been implemented as of yet, and some of the mech window bays need adjustments but otherwise most of it is very pretty. The new radar system needs some polishing off so that it doesn't look detached from the mechs.

There is some new music and sound effects while some sound effects were borrowed over from crysis but overall they work well and new ingame launch screens and such are a treat and show character to what otherwise could be a boring crysis look a like menu.

Now down to gameplay...

This is a very fun game when there is quite a few people playing and looks like a real battlefield would with missiles launching across the screen, jets doing bombing runs, massive explosions and laser fire vibrant through the sky line. The new maps have a bit of polish minus 2 that need more refining. You absolutely feel like your in a gaint mech taking a massive beating sometimes, the planes do need some more work on how they fly, the vtols are a real nightmare to fly but the aero work as they should. Tanks are a more support role class but they are underestimated and take more punishment then light mechs.

Weapons work as you would expect and probably the funnest weapons to watch ARE the missiles when a cluster of LRM (Long range Missiles) with 10 missiles fly across and thud heavily into some heavy mech. Bright lasers zap continually across the screen while auto cannon fire darts across at a bleeding rate, the night vision actually works alot better than the original crysis version and is intense to watch on a night match when battles are raging.

Overall for a MOD BETA I would say this is 9/10, bug fixes and more polish is needed to make this full conversion mod a real stayer but for how it is now it is still extremely playable.

To compare it to a proper released game I would say 6/10 as this still needs refinement and more maps in rotation

With some more touching up and a couple more changes to the way things work and look it could certainly be an awesome mod bound to last a long time. Dont forget there is also 2 Australian servers and they can get close to 30 people on them on an evening.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 am

Been enjoying this alot, me and nasty been doing pretty good teamwork specially the whole tagging and long range missile baragge.
For me i already got favorite mechs such as the mad cat c (dual flamers,dual ssm, and two lbx20) or the awesome c (quad ppc FTW).
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 am

This mod at first for me was WTF lol. But once you get usd to the different mechs/weapons systems etc it is very cool. +1 to dessi comments. Using athrottle rather than holding forward to move takes time to get used to also. My fav mech ATM is the Awesome with arrow iv long range 3000m missiles !
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:01 am

3.5/10
Back to top Go down
Jarhead

PostSubject: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 am

0.o linkz plz?
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 am

Come on Charlie firstly you join in went there was less that 8 players and two of them happen to be vtol whoring, two controls are hard to get use to but once you get used to them is easy and a weapons acronyms are fuck up but just gotta remember like 5 of them to know what they are.
I know this aint for anyone but dont shot it down just because you couldn't play it propely.

And by the way is a beta nothing is perfect so the "MOD" will improve over time and you didn't have to pay anything so don't cry me a river lol.
Still love you mate but you been over picky.
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:08 am

lol
Reminds me of charlie when he started crysis Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 am

I've not played it enough to give it a solid rating but it's hard to do that when you get bored of it too quickly to judge it. I don't find myself wanting to load this up, especially if noone else I know is playing it. The gameplay is too slow to really grab my attention.

Would like to see it after a few more patches.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 am

yea the maps are alittle TOO big but its meant for full servers, they are sure to release some more maps and stuff as time goes by, some instant action style ones (small maps)
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 am

CharlieFTW wrote:

Fuckin boring. NEXTT!

Everything takes time to get use to. Shooting shit is ridiculous. there is so many of the same type vehicle that you don't give a fuck really what you choose.

Vtol/AA crap is unbalance. full of shit. + the controlling of the mechs. ffs wheres the 3rd person view. 1st person view is ridiculously shit. There hard to control. instead of focusing on how ur gonna shot cunts. half the time your trying to control your vehicle. wtf.....

-1 for this game. Section 8 is quite similar. But section 8 had shatted on this mod.

BOOO

then again, 3rd person view would be good.
also the maps need to be big, so you can more properly get into position and what not.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

CharlieFTW wrote:

Fuckin boring. NEXTT!

lol, sounds like someone should L2P Razz

If you're not already familiar with the battle tech universe then you won't have even scratched the surface of this game in 2 hours. It's been 15 years since i played MechWarrior 2 but a lot of familiarities came when i started playing MWLL.

Of course the game takes getting used to, and in turn, that will make it easier to play/control. The vehicle variants are vastly different and should be chosen with accordance to the map and what other vehicles your team is using already. Be kinda stupid to get a mech with lazers that fire to 300m when you're being LRM'd from 1500m across the other side of the map...

As for AA/Aircraft balance, it's fine, so long as you've got dedicated AA people. The aircraft will rape mechs that aren't equipped to take them down. But when you're firing 80 heat seaking LRM's, the cunce go down pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 am

i wish there was more information about the weapons and their stats, what weapons each variant has.
how to organise weapon groups ( i know now after asking around and very few helpful answers in server), better premade weapon groups.
much less overheating, fireing both ERPPCs makes my madcat overheat like a bitch. thats stupid and just wastes my time, boring. why have two if you cant fire both at the same time?

3rd person would help ALOT, the fact you cant see the terrain your mech stands on just makes everything much more difficult. it doesnt have to be miles above the head. just a bit behind and out so you can see where youre going. who gives a fuck if people can 'see' over hills or some shit, everyone will get that tiny tiny advantage. at least youll know where annoying overpowered aircraft and elementals are.

its also incredibly fucking hard to see anything, the radar doesnt work very well. the (M) Map doesnt show enemy OR ally positions, making it harder to judge where everything is.

so far id rather try and play MW3 again.
after my crysis crashed while playing a game, i preferred to dig out my TV tuner for the computer, hook it up, and spend an hour trying to get it work rather than go back to MWLL.

more info would help, and talking to a few people in the servers is more what put me off, seemed a bit arrogant about simple suggestions and offering help.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Yeah is a pain went it crashes but doesnt bother me anymore so does normal and crysis wars lol.
Mmmm well depends i try to keep laser at one group, then ppc and gauss, lrm and ssm and finarly ac weapons.
Try using you ppc in chain fire, i can control the rate without loosing to much dps, i usually play in the awesome c so i put two ppc per arm in chain fire.

Coolant helps too if u press c to flush it but beware you only got a limited stock.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 pm

your dog wrote:
i wish there was more information about the weapons and their stats, what weapons each variant has.
how to organise weapon groups ( i know now after asking around and very few helpful answers in server), better premade weapon groups.
much less overheating, fireing both ERPPCs makes my madcat overheat like a bitch. thats stupid and just wastes my time, boring. why have two if you cant fire both at the same time?
As buckethead said above, use C to flush coolant to cool your shit down. It's the blue (i think) bar on your hud, shows how much you've got remaining.

Quote :
3rd person would help ALOT, the fact you cant see the terrain your mech stands on just makes everything much more difficult. it doesnt have to be miles above the head. just a bit behind and out so you can see where youre going. who gives a fuck if people can 'see' over hills or some shit, everyone will get that tiny tiny advantage. at least youll know where annoying overpowered aircraft and elementals are.
Yeah tbh i was a little disappointed with this as you used to be able to 3rd person in the old games;

Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 Mw22020640x4806

Quote :
its also incredibly fucking hard to see anything, the radar doesnt work very well. the (M) Map doesnt show enemy OR ally positions, making it harder to judge where everything is.
Radar works fine for me. Have you got it Active or Passive? Should be the 'R' key to change radar mode. Passive makes you harder/unable to be detected but same goes for the enemy.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

i mean, physically see. its just hard to see anything.
all the mechs are grey but its just nigh impossible.

yeh ive played MW3 and MW4 and their expansions and few other mech games, mechcommander.
i just think its silly it overheats so damn fast.
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Hold up, you saying they found a way to put Mechwarrior 2 into crysis as a mod? Hot damn, since my mum accidently gave it away I been haunted by dreams of men. Roping my legs to each pole on the bed and poking me with their Ak 47's screaming at me in arabic. I just keep yelling, "idk idk idk!" But they never do listen... They never do.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Target them mate With E the nearest enemy and then cycle with T.
The mech do need texturing but hey one step at a time with the polishing
Back to top Go down
Faggatron
Faggatron

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Wow it looks like a piece of crap to me lol. It took 3 years just to make that? I am not impressed Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Cooch-Hybrid wrote:
Wow it looks like a piece of crap to me lol. It took 3 years just to make that? I am not impressed Evil or Very Mad

If you're refering to the image of 1995's "Mechwarrior 2" that i posted above, then /facepalm
Back to top Go down
Faggatron
Faggatron

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Shinanigans wrote:
Cooch-Hybrid wrote:

If you're refering to the image of 1995's "Mechwarrior 2" that i posted above, then /facepalm

Ohhh snap my bad. I didn't know lol Razz
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 am

buckethead121 wrote:
Target them mate With E the nearest enemy and then cycle with T.
The mech do need texturing but hey one step at a time with the polishing

yeh i know how to target

maybe i just gotta get back into this

and rofl at cooch, =P
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:56 am

Cooch-Hybrid wrote:
Shinanigans wrote:
Cooch-Hybrid wrote:

Ohhh snap my bad. I didn't know lol Razz
Very Happy haha, well if the graphics looked that bad then maybe we'd get 100fps? Razz

You on teamspeak often, your dog?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 am

i come and go, im on the forums more because its easier and my computer is usually always on. write and read inbetween going out n about.
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:13 am

I played the 95 MW2, loved it as a kid, always remembered the graphics being awesome... until shin posted that pic lol. But really they were very good at the time.

So played first game last night with bucket face, he was very helpful in reminding me how to play these style games. Had a lot of fun trying to take down mechs as a team. The server was pretty much full and this was at about 12 at night. The contrast between the mechs and landscape is a bit annoying, hoping this will get fixed up a bit in due time. And obviuosly textures need polishing but overall had a blast.

MWLL Beta 8.0/10

Everyone jump on tonight for a mech orgy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 am

mech steel boners FTW!
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 am

mmmmmm me likes a good old orgy.....seeya in the jacuzzi Wink
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released!   Mechwarrior: Living Ledgends Crysis Beta released! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 am

MWLL have released a couple of very good instruction vids for the noobs..... and pros lol