Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tulzer
Tulzer

New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D Empty
PostSubject: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 am

just thought some ppl might like to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 pm

What's the go with the 'vPro' tag on the new i7 and i5? What purpose does it serve?

i7 Gen 2
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/corei7/index.htm

i5 Gen 2
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/corei5/index.htm
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Quote :
Intel vPro is a combination of processor technologies, hardware enhancements, management features, and security technologies that allow remote access to the PC (including monitoring, maintenance, and management) independently of the state of the operating system (OS) or power state of the PC.[2] Intel vPro is intended to help businesses gain certain maintenance and servicing advantages, security improvements, and cost benefits in information technology (IT) areas.

just helpful for maintenance/security etc really. won't really make much difference to many users
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Whats the story with the AMD chips?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 am

They suck.....
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 am

Do ppl actually use AMD chips still? Lol oh except for quacks who lives in the dark ages hahaha
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:52 am

AMD lol... the new i7s sounds like the current i7... i wont be upgrading until the the next gen of processors are out or atleast 6 cores becomes the norm for intel lol.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:56 am

um.....i do believe they are better than our current cpus (with the 980X as an exception) but i dont think we will see a 6 core version for these chipsets....but i would guess an oct-core wouldn't be out of reach Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D   New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D Empty

Back to top Go down

New Intel and AMD cpu's released and reviewed :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top