Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) Empty
PostSubject: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:45 am

http://games.on.net/article/12481/Hands-On_Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_PC_Version
wrote:

I’m lovin’ it, apparently

I also can’t finish up this preview without mentioning that during my time playing Human Revolution, I spotted an advertisement for McDonald’s Chicken McBites plastered across an overpass in the future city of Detroit. It was the Australian advertisement and everything, with Shane Warne’s face hidden behind a packet of chickeny goods, and labelled with the Australian price. When I went back again to take a screenshot, it had changed to an advertisement for Adidas sports instead, indicating that whatever server was up and running delivering these ads was already working quite well. We’ve contact the Australian distributors, Namco Bandai, for further clarification on how these in-game ads will work, and will let you know once we receive a response.
discussion of it here: http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186482

How does this make you guys feel?

Do you think other popular or yearly titles, like CoD, will follow this path and include realtime ads for real products in game?
How long until they become unskippable ads like cutscenes?

Apparently Prototype and Burnout included Ads in game for real products, but it seems Deus Ex takes it to a new level if they are ads coming from a server, meaning they can be changed all the time.
Here's another link you can read about Ads in-game. http://gamerlimit.com/2009/07/the-history-of-in-game-advertising/
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

Well I don't see a problem at all if the adverts don't affect the gameplay then why bother about this. The devs are looking at different ways to produce monies from their game, besides the advert does somewhat ring true to gamers.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:36 am

they we're in need for speed carbon......on the bill boards lol.....i didn't really care
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:05 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
Well I don't see a problem at all if the adverts don't affect the gameplay then why bother about this.
Tulzer wrote:
...i didn't really care
Yeah, especially if its a modern game then ads pretty much fit right in - it'd be unrealistic to see billboards or busstops without adverts..
However if they were pop up type bullshit while your in menus or something that'd be ridiculous, but I don't think it'll go that way.

I just thought it was interesting they were essentially streaming live ads that could be updated any time.

Some people have expressed how much they hate it, but I'm still keen to see how Deus Ex turns out.
Also that link to the forum in my post reveals some more info on Deus Ex if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:35 am

lol just had an epic thought......right at the end of the game when the credits are rolling.....they minimise them to the bottom 8th of the screen and start talking over the music.....ITS GENIUS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)   Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR) Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Advertisements confirmed to be in Video Games (Deus Ex: HR)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top