Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Preliminary Scrim Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalek
Dalek

Preliminary Scrim Rules Empty
PostSubject: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Took a stab at some crash rules, very basic. Open for feedback and criticism, so far the only clans active in Crysis 2 in Aus with a substantial presence are you lot, 1Day, FGM and SBG. I have seen various other clan tags but no actual clans with presence.

I will preface this by saying I do have experience writing scrim rules, I wrote the HC SnD rules for Black Ops, which is a game type played specifically by a lot of clans and is played by a lot of CG clans as well.

Unfortunately I think Crysis 2 has failed, I am having a lot of trouble convincing my members to play it now so we will see what happens.

RULES:

These rules have been made with simple settings so people who run scrim servers can easily set up a game without an rcon. Too many complex mode and score changes are impossible at the moment and it would make scrimming impossible.

Since the game has been designed as a Call of Duty game these scrim rules have been written with call of duty rules in mind.

SCRIM RULES:

Mode: Crash Site

Player limit: 5 v 5 and up. 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 recommended amount.

Games:

Best of 3 or best of 5, depending on time restraints.

*When an rcon is available best of 3 games with higher points will be the standard.

Winner will be the first to 150 points (as is default).

Banned Maps:

- Lighthouse (to unbalanced for a scrim).

Banned Weapons:

- JAW

Banned Perks:

- none as of yet

NO KILLSTREAKS ARE TO BE USED AT ALL!

How to start a game:

Both teams must have their entire team partied up out of the server. Neither team can enter the server before the other. The team captains must speak with each other, both team leaders (the party leaders also) must find the server and enter the password. Then they will time it so both teams can the server at the same time. Since no team change option is available this must be done!

Why CRASH SITE:

Crash site is the only mode that has any tactics to it, and most resembles the CoD mode domination. Modes like TDM, CTF etc have never been picked up by competitive gaming as they do not focus on teamwork and they are not scrimmable. In my experience in almost 150 scrims in both CoD and Crysis Wars, crash site is the only scrimmable mode Crysis 2 offers (assault is a joke).

I posted this on mycrysis as well incase some clans appeared, but so far only some British fag who thinks JAW is the most skillful weapon ever has replied

link here; http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22191
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm

nice to see a first draft silent , good work mate

1v1 rules, PSlite....which is approaching in 3 weeks time
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:22 am

There is no need to Ban the Jaw.

-Grande launcher attachment fine'? and the L-TAG? C4? or the air stomp? they all have splash damage..

Same stuff there mate. Just get a game going with with no Kill Streaks and that should be fine. We should be focusing on playing the game to it's full extent, not restrict it to a style of play similar to other games. We have Nanosuits that go in armour mode and have stealth capabilities + perks and weapons that will be extremely effective against any splash damage weapon.

This isn't an attack. Best thing as of now, knowing Crytek has failed us in the early stages is to promote the game word of mouth, and have an active player scouting for other clans in the meantime.

We have gotten a lot of interest since the server has been up. But there is little we can do really with this Crytek fail. I'm glad to see someone putting in an effort to get competitive games going.

Good luck there Dalek, I'll do some scouting clan scouting of my own to see if we can get games going.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:49 am

http://www.esl.eu/eu/crysis2/forum/2554/23413/910496/

I forgot about L-TAG and C4 because I have never used them. EU are starting a Capture the Flag competition, and it looks like the nanosuit will be banned altogether in that. It will most likely be a variation of pro which sucks dick.

All that is required of a person with a JAW is to run into the crash site in cloak, jump and shoot and they can potentially wipe out 2 or 3 people while killing themselves. Nades are different in that they require aim and timing to pull off, the JAW doers not need anything, which is why I would have it banned. In CoD no matter what the mode rocket launchers were never allowed, as there is no skill in shooting a massive explosive onto the ground and watching everyone die around it.

But I am not going to argue it, I am biased from playing so much CoD CG that the removal of weapons like rocket launchers is second nature to me.

We will see how it goes

FGM are cool guys, link here: http://www.afewgoodmates.net/
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 am

Wrong! having used the launcher alot I can tell you the nade is more effective for crash site then the Jaw. I don't see why you would not ban the nade. Their is only one missile you get with the Jaw unless you have the perk, but you can also get that for the nade.
When your playing a crash site Dalek what explosive is most used on enemy team when their at the crash site getting points?
As you can tell I don't agree with you regarding the banning of said weapon, by your logic you might want to ban the sniper class all together because you don't like getting killed by Imba.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 am

how about not banning anything ???? why should effective things be banned ????

just play for fun?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:06 am

Well that's what we are saying, to not ban weapons in regards to kill streaks I agree to ban.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:01 pm

KarmaFTW wrote:
Wrong! having used the launcher alot I can tell you the nade is more effective for crash site then the Jaw. I don't see why you would not ban the nade. Their is only one missile you get with the Jaw unless you have the perk, but you can also get that for the nade.
When your playing a crash site Dalek what explosive is most used on enemy team when their at the crash site getting points?
As you can tell I don't agree with you regarding the banning of said weapon, by your logic you might want to ban the sniper class all together because you don't like getting killed by Imba.

lmfao Karma @ by your logic you might want to ban the sniper class all together because you don't like getting killed by Imba.GO THE FTW FRO'for that one mate afro

P.S. cheers TOUCHDOWN FOR KARMA..........................!! and the crowd goes wild YEAH..........................!!
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am

The more you ban and restrict things the more players who use those things will automatically not play at all rather than try to play in a way in which the are not used to playing, also increases the chance that someone who would normally do something(banned/restricted) in a particular situation will cause the game to be forfieted or have to be restarted or whatever the penalty is.

Sure I can understand why people dont want certain things to be allowed such as use of seph gunship to obliterate the opposing team, RL noobs spamming rockets / nades etc.

Once you start to restrict these things there will be more and more things that individuals dont like that will be asked to be added to the restriction list untill you end up playing only one map in classic/pro using only scar with reflex and laser or whatever, I'm hope you're getting the point I'm trying to make.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Scrim Rules   Preliminary Scrim Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Scrim Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top