Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Right so given RIFT was a flop in MY OPINION because I rapidly lost interest in it, I struggled to decide why I should post about another up and coming mmo.

Well here's a few reasons why:
- ABSOLUTELY NO monthly fee "Buy the game once, and you can play forever"
- Promises innovative personal story
- Promises innovative dynamic events
- Promises innovative combat

The story affects your characters development, regarding story and level and area progression, including in terms of skills. So take RIFT's idea of customising shit, and make it actually have meaning.
It includes dynamic events like RIFT, except they are not all 'oh no an invasion is occuring'. Events have meaning and follow up events that pertain to the results of the previous event.
It's art style is meant to be 'painterly', not realistic. This should give it some more charm.
Combat is more involved, no such thing as homing projectiles. it's essentially realtime.

watch this interview if youre interested. but if you bought RIFT I feel bad, because this game gives me more hope for a good game than that one did.
That said, I'd wait for a demo again before deciding anything, as with all games these days.

Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Was it the original Guild Wars that had other players running around in towns but when you left the cities etc. you entered an instance of the world with your group?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:30 am

Yes.

Guild Wars 2 has changed that and is now a 'true' mmo with a persistent world. So the only instances are dungeons and raids.

Watch the interview there's tons of stuff brought up that sounds like a huge improvement on WoW and other mmos. That and no monthly fee makes it tempting.. but again, I'll wait and see
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 am

In terms of "innovative combat" they're doing exactly what DCuO did. Either way the game is looking great so far from the videos I've seen
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)   Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...) Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 (yes another mmo...)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top