Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch Empty
PostSubject: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:52 am

Is anyone suffering the same problem? I'm having peak download speeds of only 150kb/s. With that it only last for a 10 seconds the least. Ever since they've re-patched steam I've been having this problem. I have tried the method of deleting "ClientRegistry.blob" in the steam folder. In which it's suppose to reset your settings and allocate you to the best server. I've choosen the download clouds and my connection speed.

Steam just sucks atm. I can't download normaly with random stuff on the web, but steam...... grr. I hope they fix this problem. Just my rant Mad
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:15 am

10kb/s downloading updates for my games, how epic ^_^
i guess were gunna have to wait for another update....
fuck takes ages to login for me now lol.

Edit: Exited and re-entered steam, now steam is downloading a update...taking forever.

Last edited by Virtuoso X on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:07 am

note to self...do not exit steam or turn off comp
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 am

OMG its fucking stuck @ 47% for the past 30 mins ._. wait 48% now ^_^

Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch Wtffgj
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:25 am

Heres an update.

Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch Wtfjp
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 am

ahahha fail to the computing world XD
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:28 pm

You know what I will say Charlie, its obvious it is not poor steam but your con....... tels....
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:55 pm

YEA MAN I JUST CHANGE the steam location servers, if i dl at 100kbs a sec i change to another one to get better speed, some times it takes multiple tries but never fails me, worth it if you have to DL couple gig, i ussually bump up to 2.0mbs after trying.

give that a crack
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 am

This is just another reason why i give steam the ass. Fucking useless, i have had nothing but trouble with it from the start. I even once had my account hacked, fucked up (stolen actually) 1 of my crysis keys and a cod key.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch   Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:56 am

Theres no security on steam, other than username and password, i mean, it leaves ALL your game vulnerable if your password gets out / hacked.
Back to top Go down

Steam - Terrible downloading speed since the patch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Tech Discussion-
Jump to: