Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Unmetered Steam content with Internode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Unmetered Steam content with Internode Empty
PostSubject: Unmetered Steam content with Internode   Unmetered Steam content with Internode EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 am

All you Internode users like myself are aware that steam content is unmetered when dl from Australian node servers, but did you know that when you set your download servers preference to Internode in steam....it may not dl from them! This happened to me last night and it switched to an OS server and metered it. So now i use steamwatch which forces it to stay on node servers etc.

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/525785-aust-steamwatch-must-have-internode-users.html
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Unmetered Steam content with Internode   Unmetered Steam content with Internode EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:53 am

i've used steamwatch for ages now Very Happy....b4 i used it it downloaded the whole of GTA4 (11GB) without letting me know that it wasn't on internode....i rang them up and abused them....they eventually told me to get steam watch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Unmetered Steam content with Internode   Unmetered Steam content with Internode EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 am

Yeah, it's happened to me a few times now.

Thanks for the info Cos
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Unmetered Steam content with Internode   Unmetered Steam content with Internode EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

steamwatch is great except for when a new game is realesed on steam and everyone is whoring the node servers. I often just switch it off on game releases if I want to play them ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unmetered Steam content with Internode   Unmetered Steam content with Internode Empty

Back to top Go down

Unmetered Steam content with Internode

View previous topic View next topic Back to top