Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

new ISP! Adam or Internode ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Adam or Internode?
Adam
new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_lcap0%new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Internode
new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_lcap71%new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
I have a better solution
new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_lcap29%new ISP! Adam or Internode ? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

new ISP! Adam or Internode ? Empty
PostSubject: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:36 am

talking about upgrading from my shitty snail's pace contract that expires 21st next month to blistering ADSL2+

internode:
http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/adsl/extreme/pricing/

adam:
http://www.adam.com.au/products/adamdirect/adamdirect_cost.php

i think i get a bit more bang for my buck from Adam, but they have upload caps that are the same as the peak download youre paying for,
does internode have any upload restrictions?

and i know i can get probably better internal downloads from Internode than Adam, but i want to see what you guys (particularly anyone from my state) prefer if you got either or have friends that do.

looking at around the $60 mark per month,
well in Adam's case the 20gig peak/20gig offpeak per month

Cheers in advance

Last edited by your dog on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 am

internode is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:54 am

heres a good question i should ask: do the speeds differ for Peak and Off Peak downloads? i reckon they did for my current provider, does anyone know if they do for Adam?

Adam is 20gb pk and 20gb offpk, $54.95 pm
Internode is 35gb, $59.95 pm

both as far as i know are good speeds, reliable providers.

both have internal downloads, internode i think has better stuff available though.

both have similar set up fees i believe

also: what new Modem and Router should i get? to replace the old 54g Dlink modem and Belkin router.
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:43 am

I'm not sure about Internode but Westnet don't count any uploads, so what your quota is is what you download, you just might pay a slight more (marginal)

I'm on an adsl2+ plan, i sync at about 9mbit with 25gb peak, 45gb offpeak, but i pay about $130 a month because Telstra is a Cunt and owns 99% of the adsl2 equipment here so its wholesale. So hoping the NBN implementation here will fuck them off and let us have decent internet at decent prices.

Fucking monopolising telstra whorebag cunt fucking maggot fucks.

thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:01 am

I have internode dogg. i Live on the north side. Near the hills. There good. I have adsl +2 plan for $59.95 on 25Gig p/m.

If you go over, they have a online feature in which u can top up your bandwidth. 2G for $5, and the prices are lower if u purchase more than 2G. But u can stay capped if you want.

Also they have a profile system in which you can pick what type of connection you would like. Ultra fast. Stable. Low ping connection. and so forth. its like a over clocking feature for your connection. All free.

customer service is ok. takes its time. but if u do leave your number they will call you back and there very helpful.

Thats my internode for ya. Smile
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 am

DaemonFTW wrote:
I'm not sure about Internode but Westnet don't count any uploads, so what your quota is is what you download, you just might pay a slight more (marginal)

I'm on an adsl2+ plan, i sync at about 9mbit with 25gb peak, 45gb offpeak, but i pay about $130 a month because Telstra is a Cunt and owns 99% of the adsl2 equipment here so its wholesale. So hoping the NBN implementation here will fuck them off and let us have decent internet at decent prices.

Fucking monopolising telstra whorebag cunt fucking maggot fucks.

thankyou.

yeh im with telstra Very Happy but i gets a 20% discount for being such a loyal and faithful phone + net member
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 am

screw em all...when will skype invent free net, pretty much got free fone calls with it.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 am

Biased opinion, but Internode ftw Razz

No, Node don't count upload quota. You might not get as many GB/month with Node for the same price, i think the services you get are better. Things like the Monthly Usage Meter (MUM) and stuff that i don't think any other ISP's provide. You get a better overall package with Node.

Can't wait till i move and jump on Node ADSL2. I'm going to rape the arse out of the file library ^_^
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:42 pm

cheers guys!

so far its looking like internode, which ive been leaning towards given the services and i dont wanna get capped because i forget to watch my uploads

in firefox i use NetUsage addon to monitor my downloads

ill probably give them a call sunday and see what they can do for me
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 am

FUCK me, okay apparently our landline is with Optus infrastructure, meaning if i want to go internode then i need to pay $299 for installing a new line and renting it with internode or telstra, and then go through the extra fees of setting up a new net connection ($129).

not sure how worth it it'll be to do all this.
there may be hope though as there IS another landline connected to this house, but most of the phone outlets around the house are connected to the optus one, not this second landline.

i think a headfuck is coming my way..
Back to top Go down
Lord White

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 am

Fine a female manager. Fuck her. Discount.
That or have a look around for other ISPs? Westnet and Dodo can be good.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 am

yeah but they all would use telstra infrastructure. id think..

and nar id rather go internode. im fair certain the other line in the house is telstra, if so ill just use that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new ISP! Adam or Internode ?   new ISP! Adam or Internode ? Empty

Back to top Go down

new ISP! Adam or Internode ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top