Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

For once, a positive article about games & gamers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[F_CK] Danielle

For once, a positive article about games & gamers Empty
PostSubject: For once, a positive article about games & gamers   For once, a positive article about games & gamers EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 am

Hello All

This is a rather positive view rather than the neverending negatives on games and gaming. Certainly worth reading:
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/demonising-gaming-wont-help-addicts-20100609-xvur.html

Woo Hoo, even the housewives get a mention as a demographic !
"...In other words, gamers are not disconnected — they are just connecting differently and through different spaces to those traditionally recognised by their parents. But nor are the majority of gamers children. In fact the average gamer is a 30-year-old, educated male (though an increasing number of females are taking up gaming — particularly housewives)...."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For once, a positive article about games & gamers   For once, a positive article about games & gamers EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 am

i remember spending hours reading through the lore books in Oblivion.. think one was like 60 pages long. dunno how that was a good thing but it kind of got me back into reading lol.

I've always seen gaming and the internet as a good thing, people gave me shit for being on my computer every night in high school then wondered how i knew so many people and had so many friends. Douchebags. My best friends i met on battlenet.

Gaming doesnt encourage people to be violent. Cunts do.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: For once, a positive article about games & gamers   For once, a positive article about games & gamers EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:32 am

In regards to the gaming addiction. I admit I had one. Knowing that i had one has made me lay off the games and focus in more important things. With me it was a phase. If i had never joined FTW i would still be the non-computer player doing recreational stuff. I look at time played in games... it's at the 4-5 thousand hours. Now I'm playing basketball, going out, taking scuba diving classes, getting into my form again. spending more time with the family and friends. Not to mention more play time with the misses lol

I think it has little to do with the violence in games. Like this article argues, "It's about who your with". Like i mention earlier if i hadn't join FTW i would of game that many hours lol. We all get carried away enjoying the game, raging at the game, all because we do it with people in whom we can interact with verbally. I believe it governs all these feeling. I know some of the FTW members have met each other in real life. Some actually becoming good mates.

It doesn't encourage people to be violent. As Tre mentions and i finish by quoting

Quote :
Gaming doesnt encourage people to be violent. Cunts do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For once, a positive article about games & gamers   For once, a positive article about games & gamers Empty

Back to top Go down

For once, a positive article about games & gamers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: News-
Jump to: