Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

New Windows 7 Upadate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dioxyde

New Windows 7 Upadate Empty
PostSubject: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:03 am

Hey all,

At some point last night, my version on windows 7 downloaded and installed a new patch that checks and removes any sort of registration cracks used for Non-Genuine versions of windows, so my windows reverted back to a trial copy.

If you don't have a genuine copy of windows, do not download the KB971033 update. If you have already, all you have to do is go to "Uninstall or change a program" then click "View installed updates" on the left column and remove the KB971033 update.

Afterwards, you can go to this site and download Removewat22 which will re-crack your OS and give you full access once again.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/10895-RemoveWAT-A-safer-activation-solution

--Dioxyde--
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 am

It also periodically comunicates with microsoft to "Make sure" it is valid. and at any time could actually deem your legitimate version of Windows as no longer genuine.

Cunty Microsoft
Back to top Go down
Dioxyde

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 am

As Daemon has said, it will call back to Microsoft every 90 days and gather new information about any new cracks or exploits;

"the main controversy of the KB971033 is that the update will “call home” to Microsoft every 90 days initially. The callback to the Microsoft’s activation server serves as an additional layer of periodic validation, which allows that WAT system to download latest and updated signatures that are used to identify new activation exploits in order to verify and determine whether the Windows 7 installed on a PC is genuine or pirated"

I can't guarantee that this way of going around the update will last very long, but it has worked so far.

Quote taken from http://www.buzzcrunch.net/2010/02/wat-update-kb971033-disables-windows-7-activation-cracks-with-dynamic-signature/
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 am

You just do a system restore to 2 weeks back and then turn off updates..

Or you could install windows ME and enjoy the REAL gaming experience..
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 am

just dont download updates.

or yeh, go back to ME and crank some Commander Keen!
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm

rofl ME >Smile good ol days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Windows 7 Upadate   New Windows 7 Upadate Empty

Back to top Go down

New Windows 7 Upadate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top