Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalek
Dalek

Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 am

Game Trailers generally do good reviews and that one is so no exception, I agree and disagree with some of it.

Dalek's Opinions on AVP:

I have only had a chance to play through the entire Predator campaign and the first levels of both aliens and marines and what I can say is this:

The game is insanely well made and a lot of fun, however on easy the campaign is ridiculously short for each race. With only a few hours being required to finish the Predator campaign. Playing on a higher difficulty increases game time as well as the general atmosphere of the game.

The predator is a very well polished creature to play and all but one of its attributes seen in the Predator series are available at your disposal. You cannot skin bodies and hang them up, I don't think the game really needs that though.

AS you progress through the campaign you find the predators arsenal, the final item being his ridiculously over powered spear (it kicks arse).

SPOILER WARNING:

The boss fights were almost too easy, with a few well placed mines and the plasma cannon being enough to defeat larger aliens.

I felt that the final boss of the Pred campaign did not seem to actually suit the game, and it seemed kind of...generic. And considering they gave you unlimited energy for the fight, hopping around and planting mines did the job fairly easy.

The gore factor is not as bad as the Aus government said and really adds to the player's immersion in the game. And besides, sneaking up on a soldier and ripping there head of is pretty cool to be honest.

Humans make such an easy target for the predator and you will have a lot of fun using all of the predators abilities to distract them and toy with them. The Predators distraction ability was particularly amusing and brought back some old movie memories.

As for the alien, the first 2 levels were good story wise, immediately I was intrigued by the story but I am yet to finish the campaign.

And while I have only played the first level for the marine the experience was exciting and the atmosphere done just right. That flashlight is useless lol. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Multiplayer:

Since I am not able to sit down and have a good online game anymore I haven't given MP the thorough bashing it deserves. I am not a fan of matchmaking but according to Serbz dedi servers are being released for it soon which will hieghten the experience greatly.

Playing domination in the alien team vsing a bunch of marines was excellent, the marine players backed themselves up against walls looking for us but luckily I was running across the cliff faces trying to flank them. A quick trophy kill and the marines didn't know what hit them. Domination (mixed species) rules.

Other than TDM the only other mode I have played is Predator Hunt. In which 1 Predator is matched up against a team of humans. And if a human kill the Pred then that players becomes the predator. It reminded me a lot of team terminator for some reason xP.

It had some balancing issues, because the predator got its arse kicked each time. It was more fun to be the marine.

All I can say for now, but I would recommended the game, as so far I am really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:10 am

Nice review. A mate got it on PS and didnt rate it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 am

Bob i knew you were a playstation noob..

Nice review, played the demo for a short time and enjoyed what i seen.
Might have to check the full game out.
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 am

Get fucked Smile

I played a bit of MW2 on PS today and killed the console fags lol.

But yeah I might check this game out for the single player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 am

BOB your sooooooo hot!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts   Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Aliens Vs Predator Review - GT and my thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top