Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Earz4life
Earz4life

Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox?   Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 am

Ive got a problem, i made a simple object in 3ds max, exported to mudbox where i refined/sculpted it, exported it back to 3ds max to animate but now i have FIVE MILLION POLYGONS!

anyone know how to decrease the polys?
Back to top Go down

Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox?   Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:27 am

you gota use the right export settings and no mudbox modifiers coz 3ds max will translate them as new polys. alot of the time to have to save back to previous versions, and saving back to a max model isn't always the best option, .obj's and others can usually work better but you will very rarely get the same poly structure. its different for every pair of programs and you'l have to browse a bunch of forums to find out what to do.
Back to top Go down

Anyone here know 3ds max/mudbox?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Tech Discussion-
Jump to: