Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

New Tournament - Still only an idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaemonFTW

New Tournament - Still only an idea Empty
PostSubject: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Crysis WarGames
(Product Description may change without notice)

The next FTW Wars tournament installation where players compete in a series of challenges against a host of other participants.

So far, the aim is to have players attempt all the challenges and are given a score by 2-3 spectating Judges if it is a style based event, or a scorekeeper if it is an accuracy event.

Players compete in their own time and availability (With a scorekeeper/judges present) as it is a score per event based system, their overall score will determine their place on the ladder and subsequently the overall WarGames Champion.

Each challenge will have a maximum score of a 100 points, in the case of 2 or more judges scoring a style based event, they will be able to score out of 100 and the average will be taken as the final score.

Challenge Ideas (In no particular Order)

- Players Take a car up a ramp, or over a cliff and try to hit a target painted on the ground below, closer to bulls eye is worth more.

- Players attempt to lob a grenade into the back of a ute or spawntruck at varying distances.

- In a Battle Tank, players attempt to hit a target parked atop a hill at varying distances.

- Heli/Vtol aerobatics/Obstacle course

- Boat Racing (Course Time)

- Car Racing (Course Time)

- Players Eject from a Heli/Vtol at various Altitudes/Speeds and try to hit a target painted on the ground.

- Gun dropping distance,

- Strafe Jumping distance.

- C4 packs (10 or so) packed under a car - Height Distance

- Bi/Tri/Pentathlon - Using various methods of transport, players must navigate a course - Timed.

- Treasure Hunt

- Strength mode increased for car punching distances/height

- Flip your own tank - Timed

- 5 grunts placed at certain positions on a map, always the same so its equal for all players, best time to kill all 5

- A field of say approx 30 Grunts. Mow them all down - Timed (IA may be enabled but the grunts are unarmed so they move and are harder to hit)

- direct x 10 race map where you get a ute and you have to load it up with items from specific checkpoints and across finish line and the person with the quickest time wins. Each item in the back receives a time bonus.

At the end of a length of time the Games will come to a close and the player with the highest score will become the champion.

Players that don't complete all challenges will not be disqualified, however will end up having a lower score and find it harder to get a better ranking.

=================================================================================================

REASONS WHY THIS CAN WORK

- Each player competes independantly of any other player, therfore the requirement for players to shedule a match isn't required

- Its going to be fucking fun

- Hopefully what is still current of the Wars community will like some change (As with the success of the Fistycuff Tournament)

- Standard Game rules should allow for challenges to be completed.

- Even if you lose you would have had plenty of fun

REASONS WHY IT MAY FALL OVER

- Availability of Scorekeepers/Judges when a player wishes to participate.

- Maintaining player Points and reporting outcomes of challenges

- Possible Requirement for custom Map - I'm prepared to do some mapping for this.

- Not another one

Note that this is in the very early stages and if it works out too difficult to manage then probably wont happen.

Post your thoughts and ideas and if we all decide to do this then we can start promoting Very Happy

Last edited by DaemonFTW on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

do a direct x 10 race map where you get a ute and you have to load it up with items from specific checkpoints and across finish line and the person with the quickest time wins.

Each item in the back recieves a time bonus.

edit: moved to FTW suggestions section
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

This sounds good mate, i think it'll attract some of the younger crysis community (mostly) generally because i've seen some of these new players and some of the idiots (like pony) doing these kind of things on different maps. It'll take off for shure.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 am

Wassup bitches Smile

Wounded showed me this today and i think it'd be shit funny! Count me in. Happy to do some mapping if wanted.

I created a 'Stunts' map when Crysis first came out. Was pretty fun. Me and foo used to do some stupid shit on it;

New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot00012y
New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot00272
New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot00282

Last edited by Shinanigans on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 am

I had imagined a large map with sections where each event could take place. I wonder if there is a way to setup a teleport/portal system so players spawn in a 'lobby' area and go to the portal to the particular event area (would save on travelling around such a large map if there are going to be a few events (Some requiring a large surface area).

I am planning to have a crack at some mapping over the weekend so i'll see what i turn up also
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:03 am

you could set up a lobby area with triggered events that teleport you to different sections, as a precautionary, you could make them islands so that people get deterred from wandering away.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Or you just run powerstruggle mode and have bunkers at each location Razz

New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot0015z

Who drives cars down hill? We drive fucking boats downhill!!!

Still plenty of room on this map for the other activities. Looking good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:48 pm

can you make a series of tubesssssss out of voxols big enough for an underground helicopter race
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:50 pm

That would be sick. I haven't done voxels before though. Could give it a go though, not tonight though, i'm done! Razz

I reckon it'd be pretty cool for the boat race to start up at the naval factory, do a course down in the water below, then the final stretch is to go back up the hill Very Happy First back in the pen wins! I'd like to try voxel'ing a tunnel through that down hill slope too, so you go under it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm

man with the boats make a map as high as it can then have the entire thing a downhill course just with bits that have no sides and shit
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:53 pm

That drop is from 256m down to 25m Smile That's about as high as it gets.

Might do something like that for the car race though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Hole in One? Very Happy

New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot0016z

Took me bout 5 or 6 goes to get the speed right!
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:16 pm

BTW, fuck yes we're having off-road trailer races!! (DX10 required)

New Tournament - Still only an idea Screenshot0017

K. Bed time Razz
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Tree chopping contest? DX10 just mowdown as many tree's as possible with a minigun in a timed stage or somethin..
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:24 pm

I keep getting side-tracked >_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Rfv3XzWNA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:21 pm

ROFL!!! if you did that you officially kick ass
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:03 pm

It works in-game Smile Just need to run it in DX10. Dunno how it goes with client sync yet but we'll have to have a test to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 am

Wounded just reminded me that the idea of this was more single-player based, so the demo derby doesn't really fit. Razz

Does anybody else wanna have a play around with the map? Happy to upload it if someone wants to add some stuff in there too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 am

if you want me to do up any big stupid signs or any funny DDS replacements let us know, i chucked my msn into my profile. also when this is closer i'll work with wounded on some kinda table and banners.
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 am

Just finishing up completing a maze which i reckon is pretty cool. Just gotta put a big ass roof on it now so you can't figure out the right path in spec Razz
Back to top Go down
FooisM

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 am

me vs wounded...
maze of death...
tonight...
ITS OWN BITCHES

btw... winner gets the female.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 am

seeing as your the female foo i don't think that's entirely fair
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:43 am

This new tournament idea sounds great !
Pauline is actually busy today, (yeah amazing as that sounds) but yeah you can count us in !!!
Sounds like raving rabbids Crysis FTW style Very Happy
Fun and entertainment factor x 100... yeah !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am

shin have you seen the race course with the giant chicken?? its heaps old i think but had some good ideas.

how about a british bulldogs, one player gets a gauss ASV and all the other players are unarmed and have to run around trapped in this big-ass flat arena and the last player standing wins
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 am

WOOO sounds like fun, ill give you a hand with the mapping if you like Smile
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 am

omg really lol,. do u think u remember after all this time ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 am

Naturally, like the previous tournament we will do player registration, won't be open until more details are finalised.

I'm pleased with all the positive attention this is getting, looks like it could take off well
Back to top Go down
Venom

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:17 am

so will this just be a one night thing that happens, or will it be like a weekly thing trying to break records?
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:49 am

like the fistycuff tournament, it will run over a period of time.

Players will compete (with a scorekeeper present) to try to achieve the best possible score. this will be recorded and the overall score from the events you participate in will put you in a ranking on a ladder system.

The idea is that there is no direct competition with any other player (although you can compete together) to try to prevent the issues with scheduling a match and not having players turn up. Players can do events as time allows, provided the keeper is present.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tournament - Still only an idea   New Tournament - Still only an idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New Tournament - Still only an idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top