Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Anyone Play Empire: Total War?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sent_By_Royalty
FTW Clan Member
Sent_By_Royalty

Anyone Play Empire: Total War? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:58 pm

I just got Empire the other day,

It's pretty fun real time strategy game based in the age of sail, somewhat challeging but pretty fun all up.

Anyone play?
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:39 pm

nah but i want a rts game.. would you recommend it?
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 am

I'd recommend DOW2 dude, total war is great but wouldnt put it as an 'RTS' as much. You dont really get to customise squads and all but you do get to have huge battles with pre-selected teams. 10000 units on screen at once tearing it up is cool. I've got total war:medieval 2 and while it was good....sp was shit, no actual story as such besides the 'timeline' one. You could do scenarios and such but they got boring fast after you could thrash the computer. Not sure if they fixed that in Empire.

It could use a linear storyline and also the option to follow a 'timeline' scenario like in medieval.
Back to top Go down
Sent_By_Royalty
FTW Clan Member
Sent_By_Royalty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 am

Sure the fact that theres a lacking in scenarios in the game, but the gae is more about setting your men into feild formations which can mak or break the battle.

Yeh its a RTS for sure cause the field itself is dynamic with terrian being blown up and changed evey moment and with dessicrater's call on preselected teams, with proper thinking ou can take out entire armies with slightly over half the numbers of an enemy army.

For the naval battles theres such things as wind strenght, your sail conditions, your cannon ammunition and your fleet formations and manpower/cannons aboard your ship/fleet.

Major improvement is the gunpoweder inplementation, you can't compare Empire to TW:Medieval as musket and cannons change the whole idea of liner tactics which where present in TW:Medieval.

IMO Carts, good buy. only thing i can critisise on is the lack of fair gamemanship playing online, 90% of the people you play with are faggots and winge like fuck.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
BloodRaideN
BloodRaideN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah I play it quite alot. Finished a long campaign as Prussia the other day, was really impressed. A lot more functional that the other Total Wars.
Back to top Go down
Jarhead

PostSubject: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 pm

yea l gots it.

l need a new vid card though as it lags the fuck out of my comp......
Back to top Go down
HaWk

HaWk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Wat Vid Card you got there Jarhead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

hawkeye??... if so we hav a celebrity among us lol
Back to top Go down
HaWk

HaWk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Nah neg bl....its Just HaaWk_!!
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:50 pm

devo... u shoulda gone along with it... oohhhhhh hhhhaaawwwwkkkkkk.... kiwi fucker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HaWk

HaWk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 pm

LOL Gazz....You SXCY BEAST Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Play Empire: Total War?   Anyone Play Empire: Total War? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Play Empire: Total War?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top