Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KingKoopa

Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please Empty
PostSubject: Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please   Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey guys just downloaded the Dedicated server files, im trying to read the pdf file that came with it on how to edit the .cfg file but im fucking lost in all the code, can anyone screen shot it for me on how its meant to look or help us out, we just want to try out a dedicated server for ourselfs to use, so far all i have got entered is our gamespy id and password i sort of userstand how it goes but still not sure.

So if anyone can help us that be good thanks heaps

Koopa
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please   Can someone help us with the Dedicated Server please EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Not sure exactly what you are looking for but this might help a little, keep in mind its been quite some time since I have looked at or even thought about Crysis 2, and much longer since I have looked at any server admin stuff, totally got the shits with Crytek for not providing reasonable admin functions for crysis 2 in the beginning, a version of rcon from the previous crysis games did kinda half work though it lagged the server enough to notice, there was even some source code floating around on scource forge if someone wanted to fix it for Crysis 2 if crytek haven't already fixed the situation. I didn't have FTP acess so couldn't do any experimenting with SSM/Pheonix on Crysis 2, I suspect that they too will be like the crysis rcon and only partially work and require some seriously time consuming re-coding to make work proprely, if they work at all.

Pretty much any setting you change will cause the server to show as un-ranked there are only a small handfull of settings you can change if you want the server to be ranked.

ANY/ALL settings set on the command line will over ride settings in the dedicated.cfg and level rotation
Chances are you can not edit the command line anyway however, most server hosts wont let you because you could change the max number of players and use extra server slots you havent paid for.
COMMAND LINE SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

-root D:\ClientInstalls\KOOPAZ_ACCOUNT\GameServers\TC430YOURMUMSPHONENUMBER148412 -sv_bind 203.255.255.255 -sv_port 64000 {game key} +sv_maxplayers 16 -net_lobby_gamespy_online_port 64000 +rcon_startserver port:7000 -g_officialserver 0 -g_gamespy_server_region 8192

default dedicated.cfg SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

sv_bind=203.255.255.255
http_password=KOOPAZ
sv_password=""
sv_servername=KOOPAZ Crysis 2 Server

You can add any valid server settings here that you would like to change,
they will over ride any settings in the level rotation.

A CUSTOM/STANDARD LEVEL ROTATION SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS
Had to remove the bracket at the start of almost every line so it will show in the forum but you'll get the idea

levelRotation name="Custom">
ServerInfo>
Details name="KOOPA SERVER NAME" motd="Welcome to Koopaz server" imageUrl="http://fake.url/please/dont/go/here.jpg" />
Variant name="Standard">

Option setting="g_autoAssignTeams 1" />
Option setting="gl_time 45.0" />
Option setting="g_gameRules_startTimerLength 15.0" />

/Variant>
/ServerInfo>

level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="InstantAction" />
level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="Extraction" />
level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="CrashSite" />
level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />