Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Demo Gameplay Videos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Demo Gameplay Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 am

lol it's 1.4gig this first video
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:23 am

Yeah I'm watching the first one now, they should just stfu and play
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:57 am

very decent commentary.....on the hutch one, melee will be fixed, plus i think us pc gamers will be well equipped to deal with sensitivity issues
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 am

Yep I have to agree melee is overpowered, I can already imagine when an someone still can melee you when you spray them in the face, it should be at least be 2 hits to kill some with less than 80% of energy remaining, if more than should be one.
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:04 am

Good ol' Melee. Nothing like punching someone in the back just so they can turn around and kill you as they die
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 am

A good commentary.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:46 am

Hmm all i see so far is a Crysis rip off of Cod or BFBC2, i'll still hold my judgement untill i play it on pc.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 am

+1 to that man.....fucking ranking systems.....its another version of a dick measuring contest...so to speak
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 am

I am looking forward to it...but it has changed from the original "crysis" concept alot to be more mainstream. I am going to be disappointed with no vehicles included. I enjoy BFBC2 with its array of vehicles......nothing better than having a gunship come at you and dart it as it flies overhead then blow it outa the sky Smile
The new map "Heavy Metal" is very fun...reminds me of the wars map Battleground.
So crysis 2 wise its been a long time coming and im sure it will be better than COD.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 am

[quote]Cosmic

I am looking forward to it...but it has changed from the original "crysis" concept alot to be more mainstream. I am going to be disappointed with no vehicles included. I enjoy BFBC2 with its array of vehicles......nothing better than having a gunship come at you and dart it as it flies overhead then blow it outa the sky Smile
The new map "Heavy Metal" is very fun...reminds me of the wars map Battleground.
So crysis 2 wise its been a long time coming and im sure it will be better than COD.

Yeah i hear ya mate i like BFBC2 as well as you know but i also like crysis because it was different, but any way we will see. It will be interesting to see how the Crysis players who have not played BFBC2 or COD go with it. no stafe jumping and speed horing lol and the need to scope up to shoot, as i said very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 am

just played the demo and i agree with u guys, game play is like cod, big change from vanilla howevery the extra features are whats going to make the game more interesting then most games. i hate playing consol multiplayer but didnt mind playing thiis, and i believe it will only get better on pc. so yeah, cant wait
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 am

Most of the forums are saying how this is a cod rip off, but their is only a tiny bit that is similar; the ranking system and kill streaks. You can hardly jump in cod let alone jump 3x your height then break the ground as you land or cloak. I hate to say this but all fps games that will be released in the future will have a some similarities to a previous fps.
If I thought this game was a cod rip off then I would still be playing cod atm and enjoying that but I haven't touched it for a month.
Basically all games are a huge and free research pool to know which style of game the gamers want example being
cod:bo vs flashpoint dragon rising.
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Fortunately for me I don't usually look at the official forums of games anyway, it's just different people saying the exact same thing over and over again.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:59 pm

forget people's reviews, forget their trailers. if you really want to understand the feel of the game then actually play it. everyone i've talked to say, its crap, blah blah this that. forget what everyone thinks of the game including those who've played it and try it out yourself. if you don't have an xbox 360 try borrowing a mate's or something. you don't like then don't buy it. simple as that.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Yep when I was playing it, some kid was complaining at how complex it is and why it cant it be more like cod it made me happy that crytek is in a way filtering out the gamers. Its a shame that that it won't give crytek more money because there deserve it but they know that when started the game, if they wanted everyone to buy it then you would really have a cod clone. This could even be an introductory for the majority of gamers to a better game style than ordinary cod mechanics for C3?
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm

....does that mean i can finally win Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Well what I meant by the introductory to C3 is kinda prepping the consoles for better more advanced game play then current run and shoot, Crytek knows that pc is able to handle complicated suit changes example being wars, in C2 you loose energy for basically running but in wars you can run then you can switch to speed then loose energy, can you imagine the way the engineers have to design all the mechanics to cater for all the features we had for wars. Sprint to a wall jump it then cloak in a matter of seconds, would be fucking hard if it was all separate buttons on the controller.
Crytek knows pc gamers can switch between 4 suit modes with the mouse wheel with very little effort if the controller can do that and not frustrate the player then they would have done it.
Crytek are not going to throw the same suit layout into C2 that we have in wars, it will be fucking hard to even get used to

Besides why complain? we finally fucking have a killcam (cheaters) their is a stab a player in the back option (which imo was needed from original) the ability to use any ground as a deadly water slide Twisted Evil

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Smile

Demo Gameplay Videos Crysis%203
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Not cool man, not cool.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 am

airstrike and gunship.. stealing those was a terrible idea.

what happened to capping bunkers and energy sites and holding a facility to NUKE SOME SHIT?

fucking cod clone fuck
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 am

which is exactly why i made this

by all means is not me going too far...crytek has gone too far by copying all this shit

also......why would crysis even have "dogtags" in it.....it doesn't seem to fit in with the game....its not a battlefeild or war like game...

EDIT:
....oh and can you drive vehicles in COD multiplayer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

you wouldnt even have dogtags.. and the insane technology required to summon an alien gunship and have it target specific people..? and a giant green laser from space orbital strike?? what about vtols, they were fuckin sick.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:57 am

exactly........oh i just searched and guess wat...no vehicles where in mw2's multiplayer....which is what crysis 2 seems to be based off...anyways back on topic

^^this actually makes cryengine 2 alright
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:41 am

Tulzer wrote:
Smile

Simply LOL
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:29 am

I wish we still had PS :'( And all the shit from Crysis 1 :'( It's what made the game THE SHIT. Crysis 2 looks alright I suppose. But no where near in the league of Crysis and Crysis Wars for me.
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:00 am

No point whinging about it not having the same MP gameplay as original crysis, why you think crysis struggled to get big numbers compared to the other MP games. The MP game had too many flaws in it because it allowed the player TOO much freedom and wasnt well equipped to handle them all in MP.

Thats why there was no cool DX10 features in MP like cutting down all the trees and destroying all the buildings and grabbing the other players by the neck in strength mode and piffing them. No flaming barrels no aliens ect ect ect. Also the bad bugs associated with certain freedoms like speed mode speed glitch, hit reg, invisibility (it was useless if u had the right settings), most decent players adjusted settings to LOW so they could play at good FPS without all the cluttering details.

To a newbie it was disastrous, you were either in the GOOD group or SHIT group, there was no in between so it lacked numbers. At least with this iteration they have curbed some of the flaws that held the MP back from being THE best. I could go on and on about the issues as to why Crysis did fail as a MP game, we all enjoyed it dont get me wrong but it could have been improved alot more.

I for one am looking forward to the new style of gameplay, it's got some examples of MW in its setup but it's also got alot of things MW doesnt...and why do ppl compare it to MW2 when MW2 is a copy of MW lol.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am

Quote :
.and why do ppl compare it to MW2 when MW2 is a copy of MW lol.

lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:35 am

yea that looks awesome, like a highly refined version of crysis IA! Wonder what the other modes play like? Need to see some more weapons though, would be good if there was 2-3 different Assault rifles: Semi, Burst and Auto.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:47 am

i made a burst mode for the scar in one of my mods Very Happy.....the code was already there as the pistol had a burst mode....
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 am

TraeliumFTW wrote:
you wouldnt even have dogtags.. and the insane technology required to summon an alien gunship and have it target specific people..? and a giant green laser from space orbital strike?? what about vtols, they were fuckin sick.

vtols were fun.

orbital strike are shit and a waste to even use. ceth gunship is apart of the killstreak which can get u a few kills but would b nice it it can be purchased as a vehicle in replacement of the vtol.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 am

that would make it too dominating like COD's helicopter's are. which is what crytek don't want. they've chucked in killstreaks but they're not meant to be too dominating. in C2 i'd get about 5kills a killstreak at most usually. COD's helicopters etc i'd be able to get 30-40kills which is fucked. i'm glad they haven't done that
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm

+1 gotta agree on that.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 am

Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 am

one other thing that changed which you can see in the video is the gun's on the floor.

in cry 1 and wars, if you had a scar you could walk over any scar in the game and it would automatically add to your ammo. and the attachments would be available.

in cry 2, they've made it that the only way a gun will automatically pick up is if it has the same attachments as yours. exact same. otherwise you have to switch guns.

in some cases it's kind of handy, having 2 scar's and all but it can be abit of a limitation sometime's especially if both guns only have a small amount of ammo, instead of the ammo adding up and being combined your forced to carry both of em with the ammo seperately.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 am

I thought you couldn't carry two rifles at once, I have not seen any player replace the pistol for the rifle.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 am

well i've never bothered picking up other weapons as I usually die before my ammo goes out. but I'm assuming you can switch to your pistol and pick up a rifle.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 am

Well try it, but it might not allow two rifles.

anyway this is a review video, I cracked up with the leader board part.

Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Haha, I had to have a little bit of a laugh at teh leaderboards thing as well. MyCrysis has info about that ont he front page atm, and has since it happened.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:47 am

Wounded wrote:
lol'd at how his own hologram distracted him at 4:30.

Really hate that blood splattered screen effect, and the one hit melee nonsense (mostly because they are just butting people with their gun, it should be a dramatic elbow to to the face or something).

I like how you can still move around the map with relative easy and not be slowed down by too many arbitrary barriers.
Back to top Go down
ARNY84FTW
Senior FTW Member
ARNY84FTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am

SylerFTW wrote:
well i've never bothered picking up other weapons as I usually die before my ammo goes out. but I'm assuming you can switch to your pistol and pick up a rifle.

Well in Crysis it was standard game play to carry Two rifles because the gun battles most of the time rage for over one clip and it was quicker to change to the back up than reload. this all changed with wars though. I think from what i read, you can only carry 1 primary and a pistol which is more like BF or COD again!
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:35 am

KarmaFTW wrote:
Well try it, but it might not allow two rifles.

anyway this is a review video, I cracked up with the leader board part.

Wow "If you dont turn down the punch i'll make a video JUST to tell people not to buy your game" Can you SERIOUSLY get anymore immature?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:20 am

So I made a thread about the unfortunate leaking of the Crysis 2 PC Beta, for those that didn't know, which was removed I believe because we support crytek and people were probably posting how to obtain the Beta (which isn't that hard to find out about anyways)

If this post also gets removed, I understand although unfortunate as I have innocent intentions.

EDIT: Dog I have removed the video link, your original thread was locked and moved to the admin section. I would rather the leaked beta dev build not be discussed here from now on please.
Thanks.
Cos
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 am

People can search for it privately if they crave more, stop spreading the problem for Crytek.
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:02 am

Well it's out on the 24th so you only have 11 days to wait, get out there and get your pre ordered copies already. Wink
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:17 am

1 month, 11 days Smile
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 am

lol Serbz ya had to spoil the fun already.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks for letting me know Cos, I figured what had happened.

I've already pre-ordered the limited edition for those wondering, I think I've had it preorded since august or something haha.
PC of course.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 am

Done mine today at JB
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:30 am

Yeah steam for me.....although no pre order on there as yet...if steam is late to release like last time i may be tempted to get it on disk also. Just hate putting the disk in drive all the time lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo Gameplay Videos   Demo Gameplay Videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Demo Gameplay Videos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top