Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 am

its hectic, even our local news bulletin has been dumped for a 1 hour special on it tonight. you god damn queenslanders always causing trouble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 am

got a camera? we'll do a live cross to the centre of brisbane with WoundedFTW
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 am

lol^^, is your house in any danger?
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 am

My workplace is on coronation drive which overlooks the brisbane river. The river is moving really fast, the bikeways are completely flooded, parts of soutbank are apparently underwater. I don't have to work until at least friday now, just hope this little creek that runs adjacent to my complex doesn't flood like it has before.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 am

JIMMY DON JUMP IN THE RIVER!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 am

farrk hope you guys in QLD are doing alright and managing. good luck during the flood and hope you guys don't get affected too much.
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 am

This sucks to see, I wonder how much work and how long it will take to repair everything Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 am

mate this will take along time, was just listening to the radio, Brisbane has recieved little compared to toowoomba but the banks are fucked and roads are starting to erode from underneath, they said its allready in the 10 of millions with the worst still to come

haha wat i do find funny though are the people in my street BOGGED on flat grass, stupid old people

i just tried to come and save you jimmy with no avail, i got to new market road and got directed off by police, i did show my id and he actually let me through, but did a uturn when i seen that massive NEW brisbane river across the river

boots
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:09 am

http://lexiphanic.com/floodmaps/

Here's a link to the floodmaps for brisbane suburbs. Hope you guys aren't in a potential flooding or flow path area. Unfortunately I am :/
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:10 am

Well, it's nice and not flooded over here on the other side of Australia.
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 am

Thinking of you guys in QLD.. My auntie and cousins have been evacuated.. So here's hoping you guys are okay. Thinking of yas.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 am

It's just all over the news! We where also talking about it at work when they issued that video online. I feel sorry for you guys effected. So far away to help! Although I did donate to that flood appeal.

Hope you Brizzies look after yourselves
Back to top Go down
JimmyMosquito
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am

Here's some photos from around my area.

Perrin Pond (formely known as Perrin Park). About 100m down the road from me.

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Flood110

More Perrin Pond

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Flood210

Road adjacent to Perrin Pond

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Flood310

Brisbane river (in front of the regatta hotel in toowong). There is usually a bike path down there.

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Flood410

Someones pontoon floating down the river

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Flood510

Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am

well that last post was more annoying then your last one,
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am

Wounded wrote:
we appreciate your concern wazza, i just received an email that my work is closed tomorrow
Convenient?
Back to top Go down
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 am

Serval wrote:
Wounded wrote:
we appreciate your concern wazza, i just received an email that my work is closed tomorrow
Convenient?

lmao
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:59 am

Stay safe you guys.......keep a close eye on what the experts are predicting and be prepared, I see the Brisbane river is going to peak >5.5m and this could change dramatically in the next 48hrs.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:04 pm

I still think to either delete or not delete you post wazza, i rather not so everyone can see the level of stupidity that was posted. even if they said "del"
Back to top Go down
ShAkaruine
FTW Clan Member
ShAkaruine

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Stay safe Jimmy. Krutor and myself are pretty safe. Only place that might get flooded is 10 houses away which was flooded back in '74.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah it's all been pretty crazy. i was actually in Toowoomba, on saturday and Sunday for my Dad's birthday. Good thing I had to drive back to Brissy for work on the monday though, cause I'd still be up there otherwise.

The place that my Mum works at had chest deep water through the shop and the business lost everything. Apparently it was on channel 7 news at some point, will have to go looking. Where that video was taken, there is usually a channel about 2-3 meters deep. When it showed the footage of the traffic lights, there was actually a car stuck to teh side of a bridge that is completely underwater causing the water to jump up.

What's also crazy is that Toowoomba's Dams were sitting at 42% before Christmas. They have all just started overflowing.

I still have work tomorrow as I'm at Mt. Gravatt, but its very much a if you need to get home do so. I like the money though, and the road to my place is fairly elevated so I should have any problems. That and if I can't get home red rooster is a 4 minute walk from work lol.

Wish I had some flooding photos though.

EDIT: Just read the Logan river bit. I had the radio on at work today, which was a little strange, but the Mayor of Logan was on saying that they weren't expecting any flooding problems from the Logan River. Rain flooding could be another kettle of fish though.
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Well i won't be on for a while, we left home this arvo, tryed to pack most things we could and put up everything else we could, but our next door neighbour said 74 floods reached our floorboards this being apparently worse there goes alot of stuff in the house i just hope it doesn't get too bad but what can ya do, find out in the morning i guess. Anyway fellas in Brisbane area/ SE QLD stay safe and take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm

sry to hear that nano, it'll be good, boots is watching over all
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Yeah there's no immediate threat to the Logan area just yet, but there's always the chance so you never know.

Since when has the sky been blue? Lol
Back to top Go down
NanoSnipeFTW
Senior FTW Member
NanoSnipeFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 am

Haha yeah boots take it easy up there aye mate lol! watching over us all
Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am

Well you Brissy guys are a bit far south to be worried about croc's however the bull sharks are another matter, stay out of the water.

Nice and safe on the west side Several, just watch out for the bloody cyclone on that side there fella.
biggest flood since '74 well guess what also happened in '74 .... cyclone Tracy.

Please don't tell me they're letting Boots drive one of those 11 army choppers.
If they are, take it easy on the corners mate, they don't handle quite as well as trucks.

Stay safe people, possesions can be replaced, most of you can not be.
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

removed by trae. wazza if you have a problem this isn't the topic for it, FTW doesnt have many serious threads but this is an exception.

Aye wanna remove Lilboots and Bucketheads posts? They off topic? OH WAIT, EXCEPTION ALERT, they FTW I forgot (sarcasm).
Stepping in to help your buddy buckethead... saving his virgin ears. Yeah let him fucking give me an earful and don't let me give one back. You hero.

removed by trae imminent/other FTW moderators.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

what the fuck was that about o.o

I heard on the news, hopefully everyone alright, the weather is extreme, never seen it that bad in Australia....
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm

WaZzA wrote:
removed by trae. wazza if you have a problem this isn't the topic for it, FTW doesnt have many serious threads but this is an exception.

Aye wanna remove Lilboots and Bucketheads posts? They off topic? OH WAIT, EXCEPTION ALERT, they FTW I forgot (sarcasm).
Stepping in to help your buddy buckethead... saving his virgin ears. Yeah let him fucking give me an earful and don't let me give one back. You hero.

removed by trae imminent/other FTW moderators.

Your a dickhead..

I'm still concerned about how much the governments putting into the whole thing.. When Indonesia had floods Australia donated 1 billion.. and for Pakistan they donated 66.5 million.. Apparently all that's been donated to QLD is 2 mill from America and 1 mill from our own government.. Oh and a nice letter form the royal prince Charles saying how sympathetic he was. Are we really that stingy to help each other out.. because last time i looked i wasn't paying tax money to help other countries out?
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:56 pm

@Kel - the government has said that they will be providing as much money as is needed. That 1 mil was to kick off the public appeal. Last figure I heard was more than 30mil, and we're not even cleaning up yet. Someone has to pay to keep all those choppers in the air, and that ain't cheap. The Flood telethon thing raised 35 million as well.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:11 pm

lol wazza im not FTW anymore...... SNAP biatch. abit of a 14 year period hey, that time of month. the best remedy for that is to jump in front of a moving truck, works a treat Smile

anyways, yea the funding into Indonesia and Australia is marginally different, in most cases Australians insurance will cover many of the effected people if they are smart and got contents and house insurance, Indonesia is a little different with there insurance and so forth, im not and expert with foreign matters, i would assume in a 3rd world country the basics like food water schooling ect would be a higher concern. in other words they couldnt help themselves, we can.

oh and plural for moose, is meese lol, didnt know that, funny when you say it

boots
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

zygurt wrote:
@Kel - the government has said that they will be providing as much money as is needed. That 1 mil was to kick off the public appeal. Last figure I heard was more than 30mil, and we're not even cleaning up yet. Someone has to pay to keep all those choppers in the air, and that ain't cheap. The Flood telethon thing raised 35 million as well.

well i would assume they would have a set aside funding for emergency crews without (within reason) limitations, the army is stepping in for the cleanup, that includes heavy machinery and workers, i hope i can get involved, myself and chewie are on 24 hours notice to move.

boots

P.S double post FTW
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:43 am

the federal government has put aside 100 mill dollars. This will be distributed through centrelink in emergency payments for bonafide flood victims.. Not too mention the use of the army & other rescue services.. Who do u think will foot the bill for them.. Also there will be further relief packages availabe for the cleanup & rebuilding that will take place after the flood waters subside.. No more government bashing. There doing a good job. This will be a good test for them
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:08 am

i agree, they are doing what they can........

you would be fucked if this happened in NSW, they only care about making mutated children from having sex with there sisters. wierd i know, but its even worst then TASMANIA..... I KNOW RIGHT!
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 am

Kel wrote:

because last time i looked i wasn't paying tax money to help other countries out?

Its what humans do, to better ourselves, helping eachother. And why am I a dickhead? Who invited you to throw slander at me? Since you joined FTW you think your so fucking superior to me now that you throw away what "friendship" we had and can just randomly call me lil shit and what not kel. You become a fking ice queen.

And lilboots you suggesting I kill myself? Some "recommendation", reminds of when Traelium told a new guy on Crysis Wars to "neck himself" cause he had trouble understanding how to do something.

Last edited by WaZzA on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 am

Yeah just cool of guys, take a dip...
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 am

ok from now on any posts off topic will be deleted.....plz keep on topic guys...this is about the flood crisis and thats it...cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sent_By_Royalty
FTW Clan Member
Sent_By_Royalty

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

Hey Guys,

Went to Wivenhoe Dam last Monday and took a few pics of the dam releasing the excess water, this was on the lower side of the dam since access to the top part of the dam was closed off.

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21310

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21311

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21312

The dam was so near breaking they literally told the towoomba folk down sadly down there to "get the fuck out cause here comes the water".

After Sandbagging down my restaurant and moving all the stock out of South Bank, and being told to move by SES and police after that for our safety, Went for a drive around Cooparoo and see some of the flooding there, he's some pics I managed to get.

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21610

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21710

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21711

Didn't manage to take a picture, but the Streets Beach in Southbank Parklands doesn't exist anymore, all the sand has been shoveled up and put into sandbags, it's street's concrete paradise now.
I personally had to take 20-25sandbags myself to bag up my entire restaurant, had to leave some alcohol left cause didn't have enough time before SES told us to clear out. Hopefully it doesn't get looted by faggots.

Also massive rush for essentials like gas an petrol, this one Shell station I saw near my uncles shop in Cooparoo (power cut so he had to close down as well) sold out of petrol and people still trying to get anything in stores.

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Sam21810

So yeh, not really the Sunshine State for the meantime.

Sorry if the pictures are insanely big, Dunno how to resize pics from imagefap.

RoyaltyFTW
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 am

wow, was it just one dam or lake that was over capacity ?

Name:
Wivenhoe Dam / Lake Wivenhoe
Full Supply Capacity:
1,165,238 ML
Current Capacity:
2,172,604 ML (100.0% full) at 13/01/2011 10:00AM Shocked

edit: looks to be dam Somerset also, didn't know it was so close to the city thought it was further north west.

Last edited by KarmaFTW on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:47 am

it was at 190% capacity at one stage. i think supply capacity isn't it's 100%. At 200% it could have given in. if it wasnt for the 74 floods and that dam being built as a result, there probably wouldn't be a brisbane right now.
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Wivenhoe Dam can hold 2,172,604 ML (100%) but has a Flood Mitigation of an extra 1,450,000 ML. So something like 220% including the extra allowable Flood Mitigation, so in reality we didn't have to worry about the Dam collapsing or anything
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:50 pm

KarmaFTW wrote:
Yeah just cool of guys, take a dip...
Yeah I heard the surf is great in Queensland atm.

Seriously though, just thinking of you guys who are in the hot zones and hope this doesn't destroy your lives as much as it has thousands of others. All the best to your families and friends.
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 am

The thing with dam walls is that they are designed to be strong in one direction. If water had gone over the top, it holds 225%, there is a high possibility that the dam wall would collapse. And that would be very bad.

Which restaurant Royalty?
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am

ive got a day off for the first time in a awhile, all i can say is brisbane got it easy BIG TIME, that little flooding is nothing like grantham and townsville, the news shows 1/millionth the total devastation, ive been working in grantham where it ripped houses apart and threw cars around like they are nothing, total devastation. we are still looking for bodies that i think wont be found for a long time, we recently found the 2 year old 37km from where she was seen.

talking about the dam is sorta pointless, im pretty sure they wouldnt have released the water if they knew if would have been fine, the dam would have gone with more rain. experts say that so i will stick with there comments.

i will post some photos of planes in trees and houses 1km away from where they first rested.

boots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:54 am

luls. its a gorilla.
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 am

Nah it's a ranga lol
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am

I am very close to say its faked, seriously it even has two black spots for the nostrils, two perfectly sized and spaced spots for the eyes :\
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 am

Durrrrrr Karma lol
Seriously though would hate to be in the path of that beast. 300+kph winds....no thanks. Do we have anyone up that way? I think jasonx used to live there.
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

Sharp eye you have karma. Rilord aka Riley lives up there, hope his safe. Sad He just got his new pc, shame to see it drown and explode.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:06 am

i'd have a giggle Smile
Back to top Go down
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:38 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain   So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain Empty

Back to top Go down

So us Queenslanders like a bit of rain

View previous topic View next topic Back to top