Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Trae needs ADSL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 am

Plz donate to the Trae needs ADSL fund by sending me $50 bills and phone numbers of strippers.

Nah but seriously it's time i got back into downloads and games and back onto TS, so heres the deal.

- Im living in an apartment block in the middle of city
- when i moved in i plugged a phone into the wall and got a dialtone
- my roomate doesnt want to pay for internet or line rental (he pays like 50/month for one of those 3g internet things)
- I want something i can have month by month like the internode Easy broadband

But id also like to get naked (we all do), just want some opinions on the best deals and advice on what to get/do, i really want to avoid paying line rental on a phone line im not going to use for calls and id rather keep my money out of telstra or optus' hands.
Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 am

70/month preferably
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 am

im paying 69.95 month for 20000/1000 naked cable internet 30 onpeak and 30 offpeak. it is great....

you want adsl though so sorta doesnt help!!

ive done

TPG........ big caps shit service and slow speeds at best
Telstra.......... gay price great speeds
motiv....... sub branch of tpg so yea
internode......... again big caps but better speeds and lots of aussy sites, recommend , dont know if they have naked adsl though...

boots out
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Lilboots

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:33 am

yea the price is good, i was 2-3km away from the exchange which may have fucked me, but i was getting anywhere from 30 - 120 ping in game all the time changing. plus downloading of torrents even though i would have billion seeders i could never get over 15-20kb/s....... which is different to yours wounded, are you close to the exchange? you must be due to your ping and dl speed aint to bad from wat i recall
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:00 am

haha yea righto, might have had shit phone lines or sumthing...... hmmm dont know
Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:56 am

the thing is, do i need to get line rental??
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:57 am

Trae i dont think the Wollongong exchange does naked adsl2+...last time i checked!
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 am

Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 am

the place across the road from me is clocking 14800/1020 on the heatmap... how do i get that lol

also, is that fast? would i get those speeds on the internode easy broadband plan?

fuck i should know this shit hey =/
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 am

yeah i was getting 12500/800 at Mercury st Trae, so you will be ok!
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 am

^^^ equates to 1.4meg/sec dl

@ Woonona now i get 6000/600 @ 500kb/s Sad
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:18 am

TraeliumFTW wrote:
the place across the road from me is clocking 14800/1020 on the heatmap... how do i get that lol

also, is that fast? would i get those speeds on the internode easy broadband plan?

fuck i should know this shit hey =/

as long as its adsl2+ yes
Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 am

ahk sweet cos.. also, if i have a dialtone does that just mean the line is connected? do i still have to go thru telstra and get line rental before getting my internode plan set up?
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 am

dialtone = line connected...but who is paying for it? lol When you move house and cut the phone off they stop the service...so should be no dial tone. Unless ya roomy has it connected?
Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 am

i duno, he doesn't pay for it if it is :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trae needs ADSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trae needs ADSL   Trae needs ADSL Empty

Back to top Go down

Trae needs ADSL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top