Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:05 am

upgrade or full

you guys with windows 7, whats your verdict...is it worth paying for? I dont want some shit fuck reason why I should pirate it, I want the real deal, so whats the verdict?
Back to top Go down
ImbaladisFTW
FTW Clan Member
ImbaladisFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:15 am

ive never bought a legit copy of windows so i dont think id pay for it Razz

But imo its the best windows yet by far.
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:49 am

des just hold out on paying for it for the time been, u will b very happy wih it but there is still glitchs at the moment. give it 6 months to a year b4 u buy. if u want i can mail u a full OEM version to try
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:51 am

so if I revert from vista to windows 7 I may find some glitches that vista has tied up atm?

Im hearing it's pretty well an install and forget type of thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:16 am

win 7 rocks the shit.....i mean its way fucking better than vista
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 am

i have had no problems with it at all.

using win7 rtm x64 so basically the oem on the computers selling win7 nowadays.

best windows of em all i gotta say
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 am

I'll most likely get it this way. $50 and legal.
http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/itsnotcheating/default.aspx

Mind you I'll have to get it while I still have a student card.
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Umm at first i personally hated it.. I loved my Vista.

I now have a beta version (oh what joy its gunna be to reformat again) but yeah i would pay a legit version for it if i didnt have the oppitunity to get a diff copy (lol imba)..

You get used to it fairly quickly.. There are still some features i wish it has that vista had but yes you get used to it.. I really enjoy it now.
Back to top Go down
NapsterFTW
FTW Clan Member
NapsterFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Yea there is a few things that i liked in Vista but its just a pig. Personally i wouldn't buy any OS but windows 7 changes that. Definitely worth buying. Runs great for me and found to be more stable than Vista.
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW
Clan Founder
QuAcKsFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Well ive found Windows Vista 64 to be fucking great for me, is stable and very fast... Ill hang out for a few months i think until they iron out some of the bugs, not that i know of any besides not being able to play original crysis on punkbuster servers. Which isnt windows fault i might add.
Back to top Go down
https://clanftw.forumotion.net
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:31 am

i'd wait for sp1 to be released before making the change
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 am

it upgrades from XP, get ultimate so your next gen ready with full 64bit support
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:17 am

if u got ur student card than go for it dude
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 am

Only $50 that pretty darn good. think its time.

Im a bit of a snow leopard fan now. Once you go mac, you never go back Razz
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 am

sounds like windows have got a good and stable OS, might try 64bit 7 since vista 64 won't work on my pc :S vista = fail
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:45 am

CharlieFTW wrote:
Only $50 that pretty darn good. think its time.

Im a bit of a snow leopard fan now. Once you go mac, you never go back So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 Icon_razz

So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 Icon_sad how do you sleep at night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 am

my mate that works for apple got a brand new macbook pro with SL on it and did a test, found that if you fire up win7 on it instead, you get like 3x faster everything, even his fuckin internet sped up. coz macs just use normal pc hardware, and the dudes making the firmware only really cater for upgrades to windows, mac os's just dont utilize the gear right. im gonna grab a 13"mbp with carbonfibre casing this week and chuck win7 on it and leave SL on it empty in case i grab finalcut.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 am

let me know how it goes Tre. Might give it a shot too
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:40 am

i dont know if i've used snow leopard but im pretty sure mac os X is snow leopard right? Cant say I liked it....stupid single button mouse...why waste one hand for a pointer and the left hand has to do all the work.

Why buy a mac and put windows on it...that just makes an over priced PC...which it is already anyway, they dont even use Apple built CPU's or mobo's or anything anymore.

Im lost....it used to be that macs were fast but needed huge amounts of ram compared to a PC while a PC would be slow to load windows but didnt need extra grunt with RAM and such, so once you were up and running it would be smooth enough.

Thats what made MAC's useful in video and music editing, they had heaps of grunt with extra RAM and shit so overall real time processing was fast but now the grounds are the same.

Not having a go at your choice though charlie, good for you trying something different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 am

^^ we're talking laptops, which are a fair bit harder to mix and match parts with, and with laptops its either dell or apple, and in my experience macbookpros are much better laptops. You put windows on it because as i said before, drivers dont get updated for mac os' as often as windows so windows will make everything work better.

and once youve got windows on the motherfucker you can game =)
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 am

ok, cool, I understand that but it's still PC parts inside the mac's of any form.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:23 am

^^^^ +1
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 am

I have not even paid for xp yet.. let alone ME and 2000 i do however own a full copy of windows 98 !!!

i have 5 mqchines running 7 and after nearly 18 months can safely say that the beta 7077 is the fastest..
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 am

When u used windows vista i was bsoding an average of 3-15 times a day. I had viruses, malware, spyware and bloatware that i simply couldnt get rid of. Went into the win7 beta and all was sweet. Currently using build 7100 (RC) so id say its definately DEFINATELY worth buying.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:43 am

ive got a macbookpro with win7. runs way faster and smoother then mac os x.

win 7 is probz one of the most stable and fastest os's out yet.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

wow. cheers for the mac input there Syler. I'm a bit sketchy switching the OS system of the macbookpro. I'll do it when uni is over and fiddle with it
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 am

altho it may depend on the specs as mine are probably different to yours however.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:51 am

getting mine from uni, $50 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7   So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

So who's happy enough to PAY for the new Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top