Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Nuke Mountain PS map

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psyphtoix

Nuke Mountain PS map Empty
PostSubject: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:09 pm

The story:

An anomaly in nature triggered the belief that alien artifacts existed on the island. When a US plane went down, troops were sent in under the assumption that North Korean forces were responsible. However the military activity only aroused the interest of local NK forces and a battle erupted. US forces took the island and the presence of alien effects was confirmed.

The island exhibited unusual densities in what should have been relatively soft volcanic material. Two alien scout ships were discovered within the mountain, unique to these ships were strange seeding pods.

It is believed the aliens sought out the volcano when it was active in a bid to plant the seeding pods and essentially 'grow' an alien stronghold. The seeding pods send out nano-crystalline structures in between the molecules of solid rock, resulting in the ability to manipulate, bond and reinforce rock structure. This eventually results in creating the sort of alien materials that exhibit incredible hardness, yet amazingly detailed and complex structures.

It is not known what resulted in the failure of this alien endeavor, some blame the same environmental and magnetic disturbances that brought down the initial research plane. It also cannot be known when this all occurred, as the effects of slight nano-reinforcement to most of the island have made it impossible to accurately date the geology using existing conventional methods.

Some have speculated that this could have occurred thousands of years ago, around the time the pyramids were being built. These speculations lead to thoughts that had the aliens succeeded in their plane to grow an alien superstructure, the earth might have been populated with this entity long before modern human civilization.

Through quantum computing methods linked up to what is believed to be 'information chains' of the nano-crystalline materials, along with massive funding by the McTiller Martins Group, the seeding code was cracked. The alien scouts, still clinging to their seeding pods, were extracted out of the mountain in a method that involved growing rock material that 'pushed' them outwards and formed gravity-defying rock structures up the peak. More alien scouts were shipped in to help power the immense energy requirements that manipulating and reinforcing rock structures consumed.

The result has been dubbed nanocrete, basically a nano-reinforced concrete, a concept that in 2005 was only in the stages of regular concrete being mixed with rather small lengths of carbon nanotubes throughout. These serve to reinforce the molecular structure once the concrete sets.

With the help of the alien technology, nanotubes can be grown and directed through existing solid rock and even used to manipulate the rock on an atomic level as if it were a fluid, allowing the creation of delicately complex structures that rival the hardness of sapphires. Handrails for these structures are a different matter, our computing technology still lacks the ability to fully control the nano-seeding as much as is desired. Handrail structures have to be premade and once set, cannot be undone due to the immense strength and durability of the reinforced substrate.

Eventually, prototype nanocrete structures have been grown around the island. To test durability and wind-resistance. One platform can still be seen, interrupted in the process of 'being grown'.

The North Koreans have decided that it is now time to hijack the multi-billion dollar project, in response to the hijacking by the Raptor Squad of their original plans for the first alien that did not self-disintegrate upon it's death. The North Koreans did not take lightly being accused of engaging in nuclear weapon activity and the following pre-emptive strikes taken against them.

The Power Struggle for Nuke Mountain has begun...

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2822%29

Click thumbnails for a larger image (300-800 kilobytes for the full sized images)
Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2813%29

Here is Nuke Mountain the way it was intended.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2835%29

It has a heavily modified TOD (I think it was originally from the Mesa PS map). So Thanks Heaps Crytek for all the base material that has made this map possible. There are no custom objects/materials, just 2 custom ambient sound loops. The loops are royalty free loops that I have cut, edited and mastered to get suitable for looping in-game.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2840%29

The play area is now centered on the map (I finally was able to 'move area'). Mt Nuke now rests in the middle of a series of volcanic-created islands. For playability reasons these are all dormant. The original island still exists, bare, in the corner, for fun with hovercrafts in the crater.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2812%29

If you like the look of the surrounding islands (they are mountains suitable for backdrops), these are entirely hand-made. I can whip more up in a smash so feel free to borrow them if you want, as with all my maps the .cry and all else is included.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2821%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%283%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2830%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2839%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2838%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2819%29

I have to be honest this map is a very difficult map, the terrain demands proper tactics. You spawn with a parachute, so make use of it or make the most of base-jumping down the cliffs into the water to survive (your chute does not always work it seems, through no intention of mine). To reduce the potential to camp and dominate from higher terrain, when you spawn from the elevated bunkers there is a higher chance you will spawn in from the air.

Reinforcements parachute onto the mountain soldier!! I suggest you cloak ASAP if you find yourself dropping in from the air.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2843%29

There are many ways in to the crater to the prototype factory, and many paths around and up the mountain. However the terrain is steep and climbing to the peak is a great way to improve your mobility skills. The front bunkers are lightly guarded by their adjacent base's defenses. Each team has a limited arsenal of amphibious and aquatic vehicles, and an air and air defense vehicle as well. Each base has one automatic air defense that will target and shoot down aircraft loitering above the crater.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2831%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2816%29

The front of the island is rather immense, so a fierce struggle for the energy site between the two bunkers is to be expected. The peak is dangerous and up there you are quite exposed to many sniping spots down below. Take the elevated bunkers and energy sites with caution and plan your strategy well, drop down the cliffs to raid the prototype factory. If you take care stepping over the edge, you can even find yourself able to shoot and defend through most, sometimes all, of your free-fall.

This means it may be possible, with good aiming, to snipe out many threats as you fall the hundred or so metres of near vertical cliff-face (if you can pull this off and get a video of it, it will be truly spectacular). The water below means survival for those who want to base-jump like this without pulling your chute. Get to know the places to drop tho, or look for water below, hitting the ground is not nearly as forgiving as the water.

Good luck and remember, height can be deceptive.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2815%29
A solidified lava flow and vent hole.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2841%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%285%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2833%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2827%29

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%287%29
American base.

Nuke Mountain PS map Tn_MN1%20%2817%29
The bare mountain.

The map in this state will be on crymod shortly, for now get it From Here. This is a direct link so feel free to use it for an autodownload if you happen to want to host this map. The zip is set up for the in game Autodownloader.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 pm

interesting, id like to see how it plays
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:40 pm

i would just like to acknowledge on how long the post is
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 pm

lol ill get this just for exploring, i dont care if its good for combat or not lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:31 pm

was good fun for the hour that we played but i cant imagine it being taken seriously
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah it really demonstrates how crysis does not mesh terribly great with a steep map.

Eventually I may turn it into a single player mission.

Dunno what cause those hovercraft to muck up, they always run fine for my testing. That will be a good learning experience figuring that one out.

Perhaps I should just fix the time at about 7:45am, seems to look best at that time.

Anyway thanks heaps for hosting it Serbz and AOS you made my day!! Cheers for everyone's comments.
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Psyphtoix wrote:
Yeah it really demonstrates how crysis does not mesh terribly great with a steep map.

Eventually I may turn it into a single player mission.

Dunno what cause those hovercraft to muck up, they always run fine for my testing. That will be a good learning experience figuring that one out.

Perhaps I should just fix the time at about 7:45am, seems to look best at that time.

Anyway thanks heaps for hosting it Serbz and AOS you made my day!! Cheers for everyone's comments.

oh so serbz gets the Credit for doing NOTHING!...lol

It was me who put the map on the AoS server, just for a little explore with other players lol
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:48 pm

lith he clearly said thanks serbz!!!! lol

but yeah lith did all the work mate, i jumped in for 2 seconds and went
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Lol sorry Lith' thanks heaps.

I'm unaware of who manages all the AOS stuff, but again, thanks heaps it is very much appreciated!

Thanks again Lithius Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shinanigans
Shinanigans

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:53 am

tl;dr, is this a question or an advert for a map?

Either way, screenies look pretty cool. Will check it out.
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Shinanigans wrote:
tl;dr, is this a question or an advert for a map?

(wow that's some great reverse-crosseyed action you got going there in your avatar pic!!)

Mainly an advert, tho if you have any serious criticisms I'm happy to hear them. I know the night sky can be a bit extreme, but unfortunately sky colour affects the global lighting so a dark night sky means low visibility, and I was kinda after an effect that meant high visibility during night times.

However time of day is easily transferred, so I can thwack in the mesa TOD and adjust the fog levels, for a much more normal time of day.

Avalost's comments that it looks a bit campy are very valid, for anyone interested you can see a much more original version of the map as the TIA/IA map Volcanic Isle. This map is a heap more campy and I'm not sure whether it would be worth stripping out the PS elements to make Mt Nuke back into an instant action map, with all the extra paths and rock cover.

Cavern 51 is a fun little IA/TIA map of mine if you like frozen maps, the download is a little steep at 35 odd MB but that is due to very complex terrain. Just adding that for anyone who might want to see what other abominations I can be blamed for!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 pm

if u want criticisms just look for sasstralais...or whatever that faggots name is
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:38 pm

I doubt that'd make sense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 am

oh he'll tell you all kinds of things about your map Lol.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:31 am

thats coz hes a little faggot with turd in his eyes making everything that looks good look like shit.
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Hmm yeah sasstralis often talks a lot of nonsense...

Cheers Wounded, it's the first map I made so I keep coming back to it when I learn new tricks in the editor. You're right with the time involved, I'm sure I'll keep adding to it seeing as how long it's taken to get this far. Plus it still has some flaws which are worth trying to remedy.

I'm probably going to add some side-paths going through the mountain from the secret tunnel around the side of the mountain. Some sort of cavern area behind the crater has always seemed like a good idea and maybe a few tunnels leading from the front into the crater and prototype facility.

After Lithius hosted it I got some good ideas for it as a single player level. Think of it like a single player power struggle, raid the island, clear the peak of snipers, capture the buildings, fight a few enemy aircraft and boats from the platforms high up... Snipe the island clear from the top. Base jump to the prototype and get some serious weaponry. Possibly ending in a total swarming of the island by koreans at which point you have to leg it and nuke the entire island, or if I get game, launch a nuke which triggers off a volcanic explosion to destroy the island. Lots more work ahead from the sounds of it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:45 pm

youd have to build a volcano that you can only fire into from the top of the mountain Razz
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:29 pm

played the map and sorry to say it was terrible
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm

I was thinking more set off a chain reaction through the prototype or something...
Set some charges.....trigger that by firing a nuke, perhaps at the energy site so it falls onto the prototype.

Sorry to hear you couldn't give reasons SgtKiller...
Back to top Go down
zygurt

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

From just a quick look at teh screenies, I'd say that if you were recreating the weather in Brisbane today, then you've done a mighty fine job lol. However it does look as though there is a bit too much fog.
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:05 pm

A lot of the fog shows that dense just because of the distance the shots were taken from.

You can see the front of the island from the top pretty well. Also if I make the fog colour whiter, it looks more dense, and darker, it looks more see-through.

Considering the fog density is just above zero.......I'll probably have to darken it a bit to get it seem like less fog.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:01 am

at least you could make that. the outdoor maps ive made just look like mushed up turd.

its why i make a flat terrain and create small ia maps Smile
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 am

Cheers Syler. Well I gotta say my small IA maps are a lot more successful than Mt Nuke, gameplay wise.

But Base Jumping is fun, and sliding down the cliff face in practical free-fall, so you can still shoot your weapon or try snipe people whilst falling, and easily survive the landing, that's not something I've seen in other maps.

Those are about the only reasons I kept adding and why I'll continue to add things to this map. Just for something different, you know.
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:15 am

I find it fun to play on if it's just you and a bunch of mates. But for a serious game i don't quite think it would be up to standards.

- The turrets are in a BAD place and need to be set to not go off everytime a person walks infront of the bunker outside of their base. Because that's exactly what happened.

- It's just too much of a hassle trying to climb up the mountain just to get to a energy site and bunker. Like dont get me wrong i like whole mountain thing but there is only one way up and unfortunatly it's a pain in the ass. No joke. It took me 4 attmepts to get to that last energy site.. After that i didn't even try to bother.

- I got into a hover craft and took off but just before it hit land it threw itself up and started spinning in the air randomly. Practically took all damage and blew itself up.

-I hate to say it but the big black walls outside of base? What's the point???

-The vtols are a bad idea.. It's like putting vtols on training or plantation..

Those are just a few things i found wrong with it.. BUT overrall it is a pretty good map to play on if you wanna have a muck around..

Good job matey Smile
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:26 am

i find the energy site good. get up there first. place some clays on the path so you know when the enemy comes. and just pick em off as they come up. lol
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 am

Hey Marlly that was the best ever bunch of criticism, very proper I am in gratitude for that.

Vtols=bad, I agree. Before I managed to move the mountain to the center of the map, you couldn't even fly around the mountain cause half of it was off the map area, so the vtol would crash into the mountain without even being close. I left em in cause it was finally fun to have them there.

If I can get a Vtol without weapons, for transport only, maybe this would be beneficial. Otherwise I will scrap em. I was actually thinking of extending the land area around the mountain and moving the bases to land, get rid of all the pontoons and whatnot. Then people can storm the mountain on vehicles, get close and do the rest on foot.

If I can get Vtols without weapons in easily, this may work wonders on such a map. Im not terribly sure of how else to make getting to the elevated energy sites easier. There are actually a few paths around the side of the mountain, but they are no less a pain in the ass. Perhaps I will just add a few extra energy sites and bunkers around the base, for easy access. This way the elevated ones will just be a reward for those willing to endure the climb. After all it is rather easy to get down once up there, straight to the proto... Plus the vantage points, well you could have someone go to the top just to spy on the enemy.

I was also considering, when I extend the land area, to add an unheard of second prototype factory. This could be a tactank factory. Whether or not I would have to link these I'm not sure of yet. By link I mean, if you capture one, you capture both. If I can make it so you can capture each independently, this would be really great. Imagine the enemy has just built a tactank, but you have the crater proto, so you grab yourself a tac gun and go nuke the mofo in the tactank.

I'm probably using the wrong hovercraft entity, else there is something happening with the terrain, but I think it's the entity. Seeing as you've confirmed it happening a second time, I'll look into it. Likely because all the original files are on my computer, that is why the hovercraft don't muck up for my tests, tho knowing my luck, I'll go test em now and they will fuck up.

Turrets, yeah originally I had one defend half the mountain, I guess I enjoyed this because it let me test out suitable rock cover, but yeah turrets are annoying bitches so that will need to be remedied.

I hope the walls arent black as in the texture didnt load. Originally they were to protect from peak base rape snipers, and to encourage climbing the mountain a bit before you can nuke the base. What a bad thing to force a player to do in multiplay!

Also I have some idea's on how to pull off the destruction of the mountain, for single player. I won't get around to this for a while, so if anyone wants to take it up, consider it a challenge. Go to town on the thing, I wanna see that abomination wiped off the face of the crysis planet *lol*

Firing a nuke at the central-raised energy site will destroy the rock structures, causing it to crash down onto the prototype factory. This will set off a chain reaction with the inner mechanisms of the prototype factory, sending a surge of energy through the nano-reinforcement chains and disrupting the dormancy of the volcano. (and yes, I have studied some nanotechnology when I was at uni, I know all about nano-reinforced structuring, my version is just an incredibly sci-fi concept)

The surrounding water, which will be replaced by water volumes, will then be seen along with particle effects to simulate the water boiling off, and the water volume will then drop to nothing, as if it has boiled off. Some earthquake effect will also be included to highlight the impending instability of the mountain.

Next the prototype explodes, and along side those explosions, a modified version of the tornado effect will rise quickly upwards to look like red hot gas and whatnot being spewed upwards. Fog volumes up high will radiate outwards, simulating a mushroom cloud effect (this probably wont look as good as it sounds) that will finalize why nuke mountain is named so.

Also, the volcanic isle's original name, Mt Kirakango, well upon googling it turned out Kira Kango is some porn star... fucking hell ey, bloody internet and its porno density.

And then, que a shitload of explosion effects and dust, and the replacement of the entire mountain with nothing or rubble or a smouldering pile of batshit (yes I just played batman arkham asylum and it wasnt as great as I hoped).

Anyway, I'll try get an updated version of the map as it is, with Marlly's improvements, ASAP. It will take longer for me to add all the extra terrain and land-bases etc.
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:34 am

Here are cheat maps for the extra paths around the mountain, and recommended crater/prototype attacking strategy paths.

Sorry bout dark text for the NK routes...

Nuke Mountain PS map Path
Nuke Mountain PS map Path2
Nuke Mountain PS map Path3
Nuke Mountain PS map Path4
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 am

wheres the horses for the map so we can get around faster? I want a turbo horse
Back to top Go down
psyphtoix

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

Haha is that an oblivion pun? I've no doubt all the time I spent playing oblivion heavily influenced how this map turned out....
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

one thing I must say is make some pathways, visible roadways or footpaths, its important to have that as this is a place with an established amount of buildings, stairways and shit so there should be worn in footpaths, gravel walkways, visible ground detieriation for well used paths and such. With any special areas, caves you can leave it with the standard dirt feature.
Back to top Go down
Sasstraliss
Sasstraliss

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 am

My first looks at the map were good, although I soon became utterly lost, as did the other players on it.
Firstly, it seems as though you need at least 12 players playing it for it to be meaningful; otherwise it's extremely hard to find people to have a decent game.

First of all, that long story and background you give for that map is nice, I do like a good read up on map history and real world setting.

I agree with Marlly, the VTOL's (especially the one near the base ready for use) is a bad idea, although a good idea would be to have one that is unarmed. For transport.

I liked the use of textures on the solids for the base; mainly because I haven't seen it before.

Time of Day wise, it's good. The mixture of the ambient sound at the top of the mountain and the lighting and fog made the map seem eerie, which is different.

I did enjoy getting to the top of that mountain, with all the paths and custom staircases and such. I thought many areas of the map were quite creative, and having the prototype in that smaller crater area was also a good idea.

Terrain textures seemed a little tiled, often the same texture has been used a little too often. Some variation might be good for future versions.

Overall, it's a good map, however for it to play well it needs a quite populated server. (Or you may not find anyone to shoot for a while)

And Syler, you don't even know me. Don't go making those comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuke Mountain PS map   Nuke Mountain PS map Empty

Back to top Go down

Nuke Mountain PS map

View previous topic View next topic Back to top