Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

My opinion on Nuke stealing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalek
Dalek

My opinion on Nuke stealing Empty
PostSubject: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 am

I used to be a fan of nuke stealing, back when I was in TAG and it was the only way to beat harder clans...

but now that I have been in a scrim where one team genuinely deserves to win through good tactics and team work, and good communication, and then you get killed by a person running in with a lockpick and they steal your nuke and win...

rage quit time...

Lol anyway I now dislike nuke stealing
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 am

hahaha the only person i know who does that is Dapony that faggot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 am

how do you steal a nuke with a lockpick :S
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah it was Dapony... and Trae you can lock pick nuke tanks haha
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:55 pm

I find it funny for pub matches, its shit if your on the recieving end though...
Back to top Go down
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 pm

ur shit serbz
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
Jarhead

PostSubject: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 pm

He waits for you to hit buy and after 1 sec just before the garage door closes!. He sneaks right in! Plants a claymore in front of the entrance where you walk in! You trip the clay bam! he picks lock your tank and rolls into your base and BAM! GG
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 pm

well then its not good team work and tactics if they can get to to the TAC, someone did that to us in a previous scrim, with wounded and 3 other players and won the game that way, thats the first loss to date i believe, that ive heard of, soooo yea its a good tactic if you ask me. good on em

boots
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
=ScaR=Rilord

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah that was my clan Boots lol

Back when Pony was in it.
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:47 pm

=ScaR=Rilord wrote:
Yeah that was my clan Boots lol

Back when Pony was in it.

Soz this was me, on my bros comp.
Back to top Go down
CULTOFSCARRO

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:01 pm

To all those who find nuke stealing a horrible option in a proper scrim, I urge you to think for a minute.

The tactic of nuke stealing is not a new one, it is an old and valid tactic used by many to secure a nuke and therefore win the game. For a start, it takes a strong effort to pull it off, especially when the other team knows your intentions. From this, we immediately see there is often skill and pre-determined tactics involved in successfully stealing an enemy nuclear tank.

Nuke stealing does often make opposing teams angry, as it shows their hard team work going to waste in a few single seconds. The anger produced from this is not enough to dismiss such a tactic as invalid, as it IS part of the game.

We don't want a flame topic, we want to solve a simple argument of opinions.

Regards, CultOfSkarO.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:55 pm

I always thought you name was CULTOFSARD not SCARRO...
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:38 pm

imo. for pub matches cool

but for scrims maybe a bit of a limit. from what i heard about the scrim with FTW you guys had which may or may not have been false. the scrim wasnt even real. you guys just camped in the bushes with lockpicks waiting for a nuke not even bothering to kill any1 or play the fkn game.

if ur in a scrim. actually kill some people. capture some stuff. and when the energy gets to 100 for the other team. then feel free to lockpick a nuke. << if that were the case im sure no one woulda had a probelm with that scrim.

just my suggestion for you guys to think about next time a scrim is gonna happen
Back to top Go down
Venom

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 pm

yeh ive seen them also just wait in the bushes and stuff. they plan from the start to do it. then when you do get ur own nuke they say, ohh it wasent a real scrim
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:10 am

its really not a cool thing to do, dapony done it in a match we had with him. He would just wait in the bushes and encourage us to buy a tank, I had no idea he would sink to such a low
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 am

As I said I supported it back in the day, but when its used on me not so much. I've been putting a lot of effort into building a good team, just ask the OSD chaps, we had such a close game last night , we both had 100 energy and had both bought TAC tanks. They won but it was quite close. So to not receive validation for those efforts because the nuke is stolen is not cool haha.

Anyway if FTW is up for it I'll organise a scrim soon, just a friendly for fun, because we will still get owned Razz.

EDIT: OSD didn't steal the nuke, in case anyone mis interpreted it,

Last edited by !name Dalek on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

Sounds like some clans are picking up some good skills, crysis is a bitch sometimes but it sounds awesome that you guys are getting some good skills up. You dont need a team of super soldiers to be good, some good tactical moves and awareness of whats going on around the map are key to a win. Having a good aim isn't always a winner.

But on topic...

Nuke stealing is fine if both teams have been fighting a good match but god damn I'd kick those fuckers if they werent even TRYING to earn a win via good tactics. Sitting around and waiting for your opponent to buy a TAC makes for a boring and pointless game.
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:44 am

!name Dalek wrote:
Anyway if FTW is up for it I'll organise a scrim soon, just a friendly for fun, because we will still get owned Razz.,

Im definitly up for a scrim ill just have to steal imbas computer Razz
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 am

!name Dalek wrote:
Anyway if FTW is up for it I'll organise a scrim soon, just a friendly for fun, because we will still get owned Razz.,

yeh sorry bout yesterday dalek. had a real shitty connection which was why i wasnt responding. put up a challenge or something. should be some good fun.
Back to top Go down
CULTOFSCARRO

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 am

It was a good game we both put up a fight, We where not sitting back waiting for the other team to buy a tank,

Hears a screen shot of the match.

My opinion on Nuke stealing Crysis2009-11-3019-04-32-34
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Yeah never said you were, but thats what happened on when ODC vs'd FTW few months back, just waited for the tank in cloak.

I knew DaPony was gonna steal it, it just annoyed me haha
Back to top Go down
food

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 am

Jarhead wrote:
He waits for you to hit buy and after 1 sec just before the garage door closes!. He sneaks right in! Plants a claymore in front of the entrance where you walk in! You trip the clay bam! he picks lock your tank and rolls into your base and BAM! GG

I tried this just now when we were getting base raped and nuke spammed on BROS server. But I got killed by the level as I jumped up to enter the garage.

Was that a coincidence? Or does the game kill you for entering the garage as the door is coming down?

If not, how exactly do you nuke steal? I had no other option that game.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:13 am

lol old thread award goes to FOOD
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:14 am

^ Win!
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:00 am

Kel wrote:
hahaha the only person i know who does that is Dapony that faggot

Year late I am but Pony isn't a faggot, you shouldn't diss him for stealing it. Its the persons fault who ever bought it in the first place. I'm not posting to disagree with you but to simply show its not how it seems even if you think I am a little bastard who should be bash, gunned down and run over.

Nukes ingeneral are annoying other than using it to rid of mass vehicle users. I will admitt I've ended a few games only towards the very very end of maps but after a while realise the damage it could do to ones image.

I AM AWARE OF HOW LATE I AM, NO NEED TO DISCUSS HOW LATE OR COMMENT ON LATENESS.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:22 am

....a bit slow there matee Smile
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 am

If its in the game, use it. I've stolen plenty of Nuke's...
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 am

yea but serbz, you are good, all shit players have is complaining
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:33 am

Lilboots wrote:
all shit players have is complaining

Debatable that comment is, I've seen/heard (and not the other way around) decent people get upset over somethings I used against them in my early stages of crysis wars.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:06 am

oh yea i always do, like me excessive c4'in piss me off hardcore, but it wasnt really a comment worth debating as i said all they have is complaining, where as good players have skill as well Razz
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:25 am

Ahhhh okay lol. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:31 am

Lilboots wrote:
oh yea i always do, like me excessive c4'in piss me off hardcore, but it wasnt really a comment worth debating as i said all they have is complaining, where as good players have skill as well Razz

then you should have the skill necessary to overcome these "stain'ish" strategies Razz
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 am

they get the term STAIN, for doing stuff that requires little to no skill at all to achieve a cheap, ussually unforeseen death, so in most cases a skill like proto camping, camping and other staining skills to combat other staining skills, in other words its a endless disease that does require skill but eradication.

penis
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 am

objective is to capture the proto, capture energy get to 100 and nuke. so if i feel like it, im gonna sit in the proto with a bunch of clays and defend it because its the objective Razz. call it camping or staining, i call it playing the gamemode ;D
Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

Lilboots wrote:
they get the term STAIN, for doing stuff that requires little to no skill at all to achieve a cheap, ussually unforeseen death, so in most cases a skill like proto camping, camping and other staining skills to combat other staining skills, in other words its a endless disease that does require skill but eradication.

penis

Personally, I don't think people defending the building that is the focus point of the gamemode to be a cheap tactic.

In regards to nuke stealing I always found that fact that if I screwed up when I was trying to nuke I could infact make my team lose exciting.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am

well you look at it through the eyes of someone who sees a game from the cover, in reality the game was a KD race, that was the only focus point for most people, if you disagree you are a retarded tadpole, so yea proto is a factor to the game mode, but from the years ive played, from the start its been the race to the top of the ladder with the least kills, most games proto wasnt really a focus points, so when i camp proto i did it for easy kills, it ussually works Razz

for charlie its camping, karma its rooftops, for me its a fail rambo style that sometimes gets me a pos kd.

boots
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 am

Lilboots wrote:
from the start its been the race to the top of the ladder with the least kills

i'm sorry? Razz
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:02 pm

cough cough

http://test.crystats.com/crysis_leaderboard/mode_player_FTW

whos rank 123 in the world.

not u lol
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

that things outdated lol. says my last game was on the 22 of august 2009 which it wasnt lol. it was yesterday
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 pm

I agree mostly with boots here, and kills are worth more when you aren't just getting them by putting yourself in an easy position lol
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 pm

you want kills then go play tia/ia Razz
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:42 pm

if you're going off K/D then GAZZ had Ratio 3.261 from K: 15928 D: 4884 which was the better k/d Razz

9. Cheaters never win! 125909 253:21:52 Kills 613486 Deaths 776 K/D 790.575 Headshots 613096 Rounds 691 2009-07-14 05:04:06

So ahh why was that guy never banned by the likes of EA Crytek or PB?
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

i believe that was Hawkeye, telling all hackers to fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 pm

haha eat a solid willy, crystats is and was the shittest ranking system since hitler was around, look at your playing hours in comparison to mine, 1200 (like holy shitballs of sire) to my 500 (RAAA).

its pretty evident that with a level of skill fromm the higher skilled ftw players it came down to playing time.

and i smash you charlie you lesbian. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on Nuke stealing   My opinion on Nuke stealing Empty

Back to top Go down

My opinion on Nuke stealing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: First Person Shooters :: Crysis Wars :: General Discussion-
Jump to: