Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Mircosoft headset problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ibinhy
ibinhy

Mircosoft headset problem Empty
PostSubject: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

I bought Microsoft headset AGES ago and it works fine and it has a headphone too. I updated my computer to a window service pack 1 and it said there might be no sound if you update it or something like that but i didn't care and i updated it after the update my speakers are working its fine and when i test out my Microsoft headset is says not plugged in but my microphone is plugged in. I'm 100 percent sure my headset is not broken because every time i put it in it says found a recording device jack something like that. and when i view it it says its not plugged in. I've tried everything pulled it out and plug it back in 100 times and same thing happened can someone please help me oh i have windows vista.

thanks for reading ibinhy

Last edited by ibinhy on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaemonFTW

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

separate volume control?

is it a USB Headset if so then it detects as a separate sound hardware device and the volume controls could have defaulted to minimum.

Do you hear any noise as it is plugged in (thump or crackling) as it's making the connection or activating the device?
Back to top Go down
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 am

Go to
-Control panel
-System
-Device manager (Which will be in the top left hand corner)
-Click continue
-Go to Sound, Video and Game controllers
-Now look for disabled devices.

If you headset is disabled...

-Right click
-Select enable

If that doesnt work/

-Right click your volume control (in the taskbar, the white one)
-Click on Recording Devices
-Then check that the microphone is your default recording device

If that doesnt work well go get a job to earn some money and buy a proper headset Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am

good to see you managed to buy a headset with 'a headphone too'
Back to top Go down
Earz4life
Earz4life

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:21 am

ibinhy wrote:
I bought Microsoft

HOLY CRAP I WANT SOME
Back to top Go down
=ScaR=Falcon
=ScaR=Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 am

ibinhy, try starting your computer with the microphone in the jack. i found that it wouldn't recognize my microphone until I started the computer with the microphone plugged in, rather than plugging it in after computer started...

nice one earz...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mircosoft headset problem   Mircosoft headset problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Mircosoft headset problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top