Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

My next mod, a new autobalance system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ifweavfnya

My next mod, a new autobalance system Empty
PostSubject: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 am

I have read and heard of countless complaints about teamstaking, and that the current autobalance system does nothing to help the problem. So i'm going to design my own server side version. This is how it will work:

1: When one team has an avaerage kill/death ratio of at least 1.5(could change that later) of the other team, or they have 25 more alien energy (not sure if ill include that one), the auto balance sequence is triggered.

2: When a player who is in the top half of the losing team is killed, they are swapped to the other team. If the team they are swapped to then has at least 2 more players than the winning team, the next player who is in the bottom quater of the team is swapped to make up the numbers.

3: After 10 minutes (that also may change) if the skill stack is not resolved then the sequence starts again.

If Quacks sends me the current server config (uploads files on rapidshare and pms me the link) I can start working on it over the school holdidays and hopefully have it finished soon.
Back to top Go down
cHr0n0sPh3r3

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 am

10 minutes is a wee bit too long clerk, in ten minutes the winning team might've gotten the losing team into a siege already, maybe 3 or 4?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 am

lol im guessing you read my thread over and all the crap i said, though i went into it quite a bit

be interesting to try out and see how well it works practically. the only things that would need tweaking is the range of ranking to select players from and KD used.

10mins is also pretty long, perhaps even 2 minutes may be better?
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 5:43 am

ClerkWithKnife wrote:

2: When a player who is in the top half of the losing team is killed, they are swapped to the other team. If the team they are swapped to then has at least 2 more players than the winning team, the next player who is in the bottom quater of the team is swapped to make up the numbers.

worded wrong...

yeah every 5 min i reckon
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 pm

In theory it should work to reduce team stack, but it may result in one man teams for example if hope joins a team with a 100-5kdr, and the average players are swapped acrosss, hope stays cos he never dies, and the noobs will also stay because they dont get swapped. So it could end up as 1 godlike player vs a team of average players. This shouldnt happed, the best way to test this would be a trial day/week on the ausserver with admins monitoring the teams to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:21 pm

so true when you call hope godlike, put him in a proto with a scar and he'll pwn probably every1 but wounded and ob1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My next mod, a new autobalance system   My next mod, a new autobalance system Empty

Back to top Go down

My next mod, a new autobalance system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: First Person Shooters :: Crysis Wars :: Maps, Mods and Sandbox Playground-
Jump to: