Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carts
FTW Clan Member

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Empty
PostSubject: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 7:49 am

SWEEEEEEEET section bro, im def gonna use this section.

im going to start her off...

quacks or anyone else. I hear (from quacks) when you put a pod filter in your car it actually takes performance out due to no cool air intake? if this is true, what are some of my options on getting cool air straight to the filter. (cheap options in particular).

Cheers in advanced.

cartsy boy
Back to top Go down
cosmic
Senior FTW Member
cosmic

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:11 am

Carts wrote:

quacks or anyone else. I hear (from quacks) when you put a pod filter in your car it actually takes performance out due to no cool air intake? if this is true, what are some of my options on getting cool air straight to the filter. (cheap options in particular).

Cheers in advanced.

cartsy boy
Dude cold air induction is the way to go on a high performance engine.....you set up a flexi pipe from the front grill of the car up to ya air filter or filter box! If ya put a pod filter on it may draw heat from the engine and have warm air or (less dense air) going into the engine causing a smaller explosion in the combustion chamber and thus less power. The good thing about pod or high flow filters is they let more air into the engine and arnt as restrictive thus allowing more power to be made.
On my RX3 I ran a cold air setup straight to the Turbo from the right headlight (cops didnt like me havn no light though) Wink
Carts my advice is on your car a pod filter will be fine as its not a race engine producing heaps of heat...the pod filter will give you better flow and sound cool to impress the chicks mateee!!
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:12 am

it really depends, wat car you putting it on, carbi or efi. sometimes they dont work how you want them, like turbo's they were originally created for greater fuel economy. they give your car a better sound to some ppl as well, sick mate sick mate

cheers boots
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilbooty.com
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 am

CosmicFTW wrote:
Carts wrote:

Cheers in advanced.

cartsy boy
Dude cold air induction is the way to go on a high performance engine.....you set up a flexi pipe from the front grill of the car up to ya air filter or filter box! If ya put a pod filter on it may draw heat from the engine and have warm air or (less dense air) going into the engine causing a smaller explosion in the combustion chamber and thus less power. The good thing about pod or high flow filters is they let more air into the engine and arnt as restrictive thus allowing more power to be made.
On my RX3 I ran a cold air setup straight to the Turbo from the right headlight (cops didnt like me havn no light though) Wink
Carts my advice is on your car a pod filter will be fine as its not a race engine producing heaps of heat...the pod filter will give you better flow and sound cool to impress the chicks mateee!!
]

yeah its only a shitty corolla, just want it to sound good, plus a little more umph. bootsy, its a a carby. So do you think i will need any attachments for some cool air? cause i do want to make it faster Smile haha. if only i could put a turbo in Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 am

Like a fourby mate, stick a snorkel on her, not only do you get cooler cleaner air you can drive in those big puddles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am

nah thats heaps easier for you, some efi, just to get a pod filter on its a cunt of a job i did it with a mate it took heaps long plus putting on, a few extra plates and pipes just to get it doing its normal thing. yea carbi good and easy 90 min job, it'll sound good and you could get say 4-8hp gain. install yourself if you know the basics. you might have to extend the hose so its further front and you can mount it closer to the grill for better air intake, as cos said warm air will be pointless or even some plates between the carbi and filter ive seen that done b4.

god if i was still in darwin i would do it for you

anyways lt me know if your going to do it
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:13 am

Carts, a cold air intake is a great thing but if you place a pod filter in your car make sure you know about heat soak, it's something that happens when your pod filter sucks in the hot air in the engine bay so the air isnt as cool as it should be. Box that shit off from the rest of the car or if you've got an original airbox, modify it so that it boxes in the front headlight area for an 'BFI' Big Fucking Intake. BFI's are proven to be more effective than using pods or aftermarket air inductions.

Check out Toyota Soarer examples on 'www.soarercentral.com' These guys actually researched the differences!
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 am

This is my soarer and Im not on my (P)s its an old photo.

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. DSCF9424

Specs:
1JZZGTT 2.5 Litre DOHC In-line 6 Cylinder Twin Turbo
R154 5 Speed manual (factory)
A02B Torsen differential (factory) or 'Torque Sensing' same system used by Audi
A4's and others.
Tein Type HR Height Adjustable racing coil overs
Single 2.5" to Hi-flo cat into twin 2.5" at rear stainless steel exhaust from dump pipe
Apexi Power-flo intake
GFB Bleed-type boost controller set at 14psi
Greddy Turbo Timer

ICE (In-Car Entertainment): (soon changing to full pioneer system)
Pioneer Headunit with OEL display
Alpine DDDrive 4" splits in factory speaker placements
Alpine Type R 6*9"s in parcel shelf
Orion 400watt RMS 15" in custom fibreglass mould in spare wheel floor cavity
Pioneer 600watt 4 channel amp
Pioneer 800watt Monoblock

Bodywork:
Vertex front bar and side skirts
Bomex rear bar
Speedy chrome 17" rims

Future Mods:
Install new NGK Iridium spark plugs
Install new 600*76*300 intercooler and piping
Install new thermo fan
Full pioneer system including full boot install and custom parcel shelf
New 18" Rims (Black centre & Stainless deep dish lip) 18*10's rear 18*8.5 fronts
Greddy Profec B electronic boost controller
Make BFI
Get body work straightened and resprayed like this....
http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/283/76334.html?1150277736
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:09 am

ok boots cheers for that.. i might attempt it today or tomorrow hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:48 am

np
Back to top Go down
Milzy

PostSubject: I WIN   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 am

this section belongs to me and my 1971 VW Beetle with porche sports kit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 am

ok send pic thorugh i would love a good laugh
Back to top Go down
Milzy

PostSubject: car   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:46 am

here is front and back, when i was learning, old pic. nothing has changed though

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Bug710

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Bug910
Back to top Go down
Carts
FTW Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:38 am

haha thats fucking sweet
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:39 am

hahah yeah.. but personally i wouldnt wanna be seen in it Razz
Back to top Go down
bob
Senior FTW Member
bob

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:59 pm

L = thanks for driving with me mum
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrangeoffroad.com.au
Sgtkiller
Sgtkiller

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:42 pm

sweet ride my friend i'll buy it off ya
Back to top Go down
http://imminentsoldiers.com
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:58 am

if u put a 454 chev in it i'd buy it! those things fly down the track then. We had the national VW car club meet down here bout month and a half ago, had the 1/8th mile strip rippin up!

http://www.southcoastraceway.com/

Some wicked photo's and such too and the track is only 2 year old! ANDRA spec!
Back to top Go down
GazzFTW

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:42 am

hey des u live at the gong?? and u got a bike??
Back to top Go down
Lilboots

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:29 am

haha love it, far out who needs a porsche when you have a beetle with a body kit

lady's roll in
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 am

Yea yea i Have a twin turbo Legnum, its a bit of big fucker but i found that my old gtr was small in the back...

That picture of the bug just proves how some people have zero taste..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.   HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Empty

Back to top Go down

HOLY FUCK, MY DREAMS COME TRUE.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Automotive-
Jump to: