Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Where would i be able to buy this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ifweavfnya

Where would i be able to buy this Empty
PostSubject: Where would i be able to buy this   Where would i be able to buy this EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 am

4 of the 6 sata ports on my gaep45-extreme are almost completely blocked by the GPU, so I cant use them for RAID unless I buy a low profile sata connector like this one:

http://www.cooldrives.com/ullowpr30sai.html

Do you know where I can get these in australia?
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Where would i be able to buy this   Where would i be able to buy this EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 am

Are the ones you have low profile? I cant seem to find any on staticice that are low profile
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Where would i be able to buy this   Where would i be able to buy this EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:14 am

heres what ive found:

http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/60cm-right-angle-sata-cable-sata-sataii-compatible.html

by low profile it means right angle that doesnt protrude much from the mobo. If you look at the picture you can see that the height of the connector is low, allowing it to fit into tight spaces. Regular right angle sata connectors are too wide to fit between the mobo and the gpu.
Back to top Go down
ifweavfnya

PostSubject: Re: Where would i be able to buy this   Where would i be able to buy this EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 am

I just had a look inside the computer and it turns out that the cables installed are low profile right angled cables so i can use them if i reverse them around. But it turns out i need two left-angled sata connectors to run 4 hard dirves on my computer so ill have a look around around for them.

EDIT: I ended up searching for 4 hours and the best I could find was on amazon, and including $50 shipping ended up costing $70 for two sata cables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where would i be able to buy this   Where would i be able to buy this Empty

Back to top Go down

Where would i be able to buy this

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: Tech Discussion-
Jump to: