Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" Empty
PostSubject: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

Howdy all!

It's been awhile since I've posted something proper on the forums due to work commitments. I've been wanting to post this for a while now but have never got the chance to sit down and do a lil research in regards to it.

Brink is a First person shooter I stumble upon months ago on steam. After watching the trailer via steam I was like.... "Wow....... this could potentially compete with Crysis" although some might disagree Razz

What really drew the attention is versatility of movement. Most games now are engaging the commando jump feature in the fps category. My first experience was with Black Ops, which i thought was awesome... Just the commando jump... Not so much, anything else lol

Just like every other game it has it's customisations:
- You can change your appearance to suit your taste, unlike most other games where the class you choose is your appearance.

- Single player is set to present some variation. You can be bad or good! Not sure if they'd put it that way, but thats how i see it lol

- With the single player also, what you've accumulated in experience, you will be able to take out on the multi-player field. It will be interesting to see how this balances out

-Weapon load outs are pretty cool. So many guns!!!!!! and because there is... "SOO MANY GUNS!!", they've created a feature called the SMART button. Funny name, but it's pretty much made for noobs who don't know how to counter what, or for the CBF player who just wants to shoot something.

-It has perks of course... but they call it "UNIVERSAL ABILITIES"... For some reason it reminds me of that Power Thirst youtube video. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

- And like BFBC2, where you need a team to be successful in mission objectives, Brink offers that "teamwork gameplay". Lonewolf if you must but defiantly a team based game.

Anywaysss here are some videos, so feel free to share your thoughts

YourDog's Post: https://clanftw.forumotion.net/t2931-brink?highlight=brink

Last edited by Charlie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Known about this for ages, some cool ideas but the actual gameplay never impressed me. Seems like a Team Fortress kind of game.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:49 pm

First couple of video's look cartoonish and because of this look, it could possible give that TF2 feel. But watch the last video. Nice visuals + a decent player at least
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:54 pm

nice charlie, I made a thread about it here though a while back:

https://clanftw.forumotion.net/t2931-brink?highlight=brink

Razz
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Oh you did! lol oh snap... well.. il parent the thread lol It will be releasing soon
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:41 pm

"I've been wanting to post this for a while now but have never got the chance to sit down and do a lil research in regards to it."

OHHH SNAP!!! you're such a thread killer Your Dog

Anyway onto the game, looks fun I like the movement as you said Charlie it gives it like a parkhour feel, the part that is really horrible is the HUD were it looks like fonts and primary colour theme, its a shame though because the graphics are better than average.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 am

I know I'm a terrible person, but I'm glad others are interested. I plan to buy only one other game apart from Crysis so I can spend less time playing games, but this year is going to be pretty tough..

BF3
Homefront
Brink
Red Orchestra 2

fuckin.. iuno I had some other ideas floating around, probably a non fps instead for a change.
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:59 am

Looks all cutesy and shitty and plain fucking boring..

Danielle will buy 2 copies!
Back to top Go down
Avalost
Avalost

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 am

Yea that trailer was awesome lol. Too bad I don't think the gameplay will actually feel like that, for instance the "SMART" movement system just looks a bit clunky to me, something I hope Crysis 2 hasn't suffered from with some of the movement and ledge vaults etc.
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:19 am

That trailer does look awesome, some video game companies should start making 3d animation movies instead lol
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:28 am

from what I have seen, I actually like it. might give it a download to try it out first tho
Back to top Go down
WaZzA

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Avalost wrote:
Known about this for ages, some cool ideas but the actual gameplay never impressed me. Seems like a Team Fortress kind of game.

As have I, heard about it from months back + videos of it. THis Terrain thing where it traverses where u take your path seems...interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"   Brink   -  "Eye catching new FPS" Empty

Back to top Go down

Brink - "Eye catching new FPS"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top