Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Homefront

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Anyone going to get this game? So far looks good to me from the MP aspect.
This looks more appealing for me to play that C2 Razz
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 am

Yes the [F_ck] clan will as usual own this game and defeat any who dare cross our bows!
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 am

Back to top Go down
Lithius

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:23 am

I'm getting it
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 pm

So did anyone end up getting it?

From what I've heard / videos of the campaign I've seen it seems pretty shit.
I mean the story isn't that creative anymore, a few other mediums have done it (like the series Tomorrow when the War Began, the movie Red Dawn).

Apparently multiplayer isn't that good idea, just a huge clusterfuck.
While it introduces some nice gameplay tactics, i think it waters down the experience a lot.
But I haven't played it so I digress.

Back to top Go down
Serval
Serval

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:21 pm

I got it, but seeing as it doesn't seem to be on any local Steam content servers yet I'm waiting until I can get it quota-free.
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Or the [F_ck] clan will be absolutely [F_ck]ed at it [F_ck] Pauline lmfao afro GO THE FRO'
Back to top Go down
KarmaFTW
KarmaFTW

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Knew it was shit, bf3 will be the large scale modern combat multiplayer this year
Back to top Go down
ImbaladisFTW
FTW Clan Member
ImbaladisFTW

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 pm

BF3 is just going to win vs everything.... for like ever, until bf4 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

it looks great imo....the battle points and the VEHICLES makes it more like crysis original ( a great game) than comparing original crysis to crysis 2 (a shit game).....i'll wait for user reviews b4 i purchase
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:09 am

Tulzer wrote:
it looks great imo....the battle points and the VEHICLES makes it more like crysis original ( a great game) than comparing original crysis to crysis 2 (a shit game).....i'll wait for user reviews b4 i purchase
That's what I thought too, not so sure now though.. still has a lot of cod influence, like purchasing stuff with battlepoints I think is akin to killstreaks except you pay for them. But i think they are predetermined by class because all he did was press up on a d-pad and he got something, and its instant as well unlike crysis where you went back to a base or some place.

KarmaFTW wrote:
Knew it was shit, bf3 will be the large scale modern combat multiplayer this year
Maybe, have to wait and see what it holds up to.
Homefront has some cool features in it though that could have given it a run for its money, but the BF franchise is pretty well established

This video may shed some light on BP, unfortunately i havent watched it all cause my net sucks and sorry if Bucket's vids already cleared some of it up I haven't watched them in ages and cant atm.

Some reviews:
http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/homefront/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58465944&pid=960374

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/homefront/review.html

wrote:
Homefront's competitive multiplayer, on the other hand, seems primed to be just another also-ran right from the get-go. With only two core game modes (Team Deathmatch and Capture and Hold) playable in two variations, the options are few. The loadout screen will be instantly familiar to anyone who has played a Call of Duty game in the past few years, and the online conflicts play out between the KPA and the US Army (rather than the ragtag freedom fighters from the campaign), so the intriguing setting is little more than window dressing. Though its inspirations are obvious, Homefront does a good job of appropriating tried-and-true mechanics. Earning experience, leveling up, increasing your arsenal, and unlocking new infantry abilities (read: perks) is satisfying, and the maps allow a decent range of viable battlefield strategies.

wrote:
Each loadout has two slots for purchasable abilities that can give you and your team an edge in combat. Some benefit only you, like the flak jacket and personal radar sweep. Others are meant to score some quick kills, like the Hellfire missile and white phosphorous strikes.
There you have it, BP is just another way of accessing predetermined killstreaks. You pick two killstreaks before your matches, and you unlock the ability to use them not by outright kills but also by capturing objectives. However, given you only get 30BP a tick in an objective and about 100 after its done, which could be a while, its not necessarily better to be going for objectives compared to 100BP for kills. so objective gameplay isn't really that encouraged.

Makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 am

This made me laugh:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/16/homefront-sells-0-copies-in-uk/
HOMEFRONT SELLS 0 COPIES IN THE UK wrote:
The real headline here is that Homefront has sold 375,000 copies on its first day of release. In the US. Where it has been released. Unlike the rest of the world. And honestly, I’ve had enough of this nonsense. So you know what – I’m going to get it changed. I pledge that by this time next year, games will be released on the same day in the UK as they are in the US. The rest of the world, you can organise your own campaigns. I’m only one man, with one powerful website behind him. Watching Homefront preload, even though the internet contains no oceans.

The reason THQ are making these sales figures known is likely in an attempt to do something about yesterday’s shocking 20% collapse in their share price. Homefront reviews were let out of the bag (oddly we weren’t sent review code), and they’re not impressive. Which doesn’t surprise me, because blimey, the first four missions were poor. And learning it’s only four or five hours long, that represents a fair chunk of the full game.

And with its release is delayed by three days for the rest of the world, we’ve all heard about this long before our fevered anticipation may have had us run blindly into a shop, grabbing at everything like a deranged* Supermarket Sweep contestant. (*Wow, there’s redundancy.)

So these delays do no good for publishers or customers. So let’s have this nonsense stopped.
Back to top Go down
Tulzer
Tulzer

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 am

well from the reviews i've been reading its scoring at least a 7/10....mainly because the single player is bad....but what is said by all the reviewers is that the multiplayer is "solid".....which can be loosely translated into great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad Aussie Bastard
FTW Clan Member
Mad Aussie Bastard

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 am

I have read Similar reviews Tulz and the current videos out atm look "solid" as well but having said that i'm gonna hold back awhile to play me some C2 first afro GO THE FRO'
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:37 am

Hello

I may as well get in first before Pauline's typical tirade of abuse.
Yes, pauline has homefront.
Yes I screwed up the purchase so bad I don't really know if I brought the game or not.
Yes I still intend on getting the game.

Pauline said the graphics are not as good as black ops and she killed 1 person and got a level up after 1 kill ?
Team kill is off. she said she tried.
So since I am so dumb and screwed up my online purchase, Pauline wants to wait and complete the single player first.

The rest is up to pauline to rip to pieces
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:38 am

bring back shareware and demos! Thats all I have to say to that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront   Homefront Empty

Back to top Go down