Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) Empty
PostSubject: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am

I knew a few people here like this game, recently I installed it again for fun out of nostalgia.
However, I ran into many problems making it run without graphics errors and couldn't get it to work fullscreen.

In my search for solutions, I came across this portable (95mb no install required) version here:
http://www.aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2993

direct link: http://veg.slutsk.net/aoe/age_of_conquerors_lite.exe

So far has zero bugs, can run in windowed mode, and allows you to get your game on.
If anyone else has the nostalgia or wants to try the game out, download that.
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:51 am

I already got AoE2 on my comp from ages ago...tried playing with bucket, got it working but apparently we lagged out
Back to top Go down
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Love age of empires! Very Happy

If anyone has errors with graphics in game where all the colours are screwed up, oceans are bright pinks and greens etc, which seems to only happen on windows 7 and maybe vista, i found a solution. The only way to fix it that i know of is to start the game, alt-tab and open task manager then end explorer.exe they alt-tab back to the game. That will fix the colour issues. The reason this happens is windows 7 does colours differently to windows xp and earlier which is what these games were made for.

Its a pain in the ass but worth it for me because i couldn t stand playing with colours how they were.
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 pm

you don't need to open task manager
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Hutch wrote:
oceans are bright pinks and greens etc, .

Used to happen on my XP too ... ONLY would happen once i alt tabbed or minimized, was fun to see the fishes in pinkish waters >Very Happy

+1 for AOE epic game of all times!
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:47 am

the one i posted has none of those problems guys.
occasionally i got some lag but that's because Winamp was floating behind the windowed game, and they kinda fuck each other up if that happens, so just moved it.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:23 am

my download broke -.-
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:55 am

pull your pants up, start again.
man up virt. =P

its only 95 mb even i got that.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 am

=P
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 am

downloaded in 25secs gawd i <3 speeds
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 am

Yeah I'm pretty jealous

Trying to get a lan game going and i've run into problems. must be me
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 am

If Multiplayer works fine we should get some games going lol
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 am

I couldn't get lan to work, something about Win7 having problems connecting to XP, and the other win7 computer i dont know how its set up / whats wrong with it but cbf'd.

Wouldn't take long for people to try out seeing if internet works though. Just make sure you're both using Win 7 to avoid issues I guess.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

is it possible to hamachi AOE 2?
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 am

^ yes
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:33 am

It has the Direct IP/TCP option right?
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 am

yeah brah
Back to top Go down
Lithius

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Tunngle supports AoE2 and i find it a heap easier to use then Hamachi or gameranger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)   Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable) Empty

Back to top Go down

Age of Empires II; the Conquerors (Portable)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top