Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies Empty
PostSubject: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 am

Well hes not lying when he says Melbourne is a cesspit, And that aussie chicks are skanks (at least 70% judging from my highschool years). And nearly every Aussie bloke i know agrees that indians are stinky..

But everything else is bullshit, and i dont know anyone who commits hate crimes against indians.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
jimbob
jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am

AND i almost forgot,

Quote :
Inside the very same store one of the most brutal racist attacks had taken place just a few months back. The events as told to me were horrifying, about how an Indian was brutally beaten up only because of his colour and religion

I doubt that very much, unless it was a skinhead who bashed him. But what about all that shit when the Muslims were having some gathering at the beach and said all women had to be covered head to toe with no skin showing, and had to be accompanied by a man? Dont be so fucking stupid and bad things wont happen to you will they? We respect your customs and dont make movies about how shit your country is if we travel there, SO RESPECT OURS WHEN YOU COME HERE!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrshreddy
Faggatron
Faggatron

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, I hate how those Muslim wives wear those stupid things around them. I know its their Religion (Which i think is a retarded one) but they expect us to respect their country and Religion when we go over there, yet when they come over here in Australia they think they can do whatever the hell they want and where that crap. They are such a hypocritical country and I just hate the fact they wear those stupid cloaks and think when they come over here they can treat it like its their country, just makes me so angry.
Back to top Go down
buckethead121
Senior FTW Member
buckethead121

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

And that's why comment from the guys (excluding Charlie) above me shows how much they need to grow up, learn tolerance and acceptance to other cultures, belief systems and ethnic groups.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Quote :
...and think when they come over here they can treat it like its their country, just makes me so angry.

i'm sorry do you own Australia? Did you make the laws? It's not your country either....

oh and learn to respect other cultures and their beliefs. I reckon if you were brought up in their culture from birth and you came to Australia you would be wearing those "stupid" turbans and clothing as well.

Quote :
yet when they come over here in Australia they think they can do whatever the hell they want and where that crap.

as far as i can tell, we don't have laws saying people can't wear what they want. Maybe they have rules in their country dictating you have to dress certainly. if they had those laws in a country and i visited that place, i would respect their rules/laws. We don't have those laws here, so people can come here and wear what they want. You don't have the right to say people should be wearing that unless they come to somewhere like your house which you own. other then those exceptions they can wear whatever they want.

if i wanted to I could go dress up in a turban, cloak and sandals. free country, i have the right to do it, and you can say all the shit you want but ill do it if i want to
Back to top Go down
Dalek
Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:58 pm

SylerFTW wrote:
Quote :
...and think when they come over here they can treat it like its their country, just makes me so angry.

i'm sorry do you own Australia? Did you make the laws? It's not your country either....

He does not literally mean he owns the country. If you feel no national pride Syler then good for you but I certainly would describe Australia as 'my' country when speaking about it. And through elected representation he makes the laws, as do any immigrants.

As for the article I say who really cares, Australia is widely acknowledged as one of the most racist countries in the world and the movie is just capitalising on events that have happened. Of course its sensational but anyone who thinks a bollywood movie is an accurate representation of anything is a retard.
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Dalek wrote:
Australia is widely acknowledged as one of the most racist countries in the world
What?
Give me a reputable source or ten that can confirm this.

I'd say America is more intolerant of other races and religion. A majority of America is not just christian or some demnomination (we are 70% ish but thats slowly going down, and church attendance has been on a massive decline), but they are fiercely independent and have some strong sects that make anything in our country pale in comparison with the bullshit they come out of.

But of course, thats just me, and that's the problem with the world. It's all everyone's fucking opinion.
If you can't tolerate others opinions then keep them to yourself, unless its a life or death situation.

@Jimbob and Cooch:

Jesus christ even I have been in a fight or two on the streets and have people yell obscenities at me for all sorts of things, some that make no sense. And these are people who look like other people I am friends with.
It really comes down to:
"I don't know who they are, but they are different so fuck them"
vs
"These are people I know and I like being around so I will defend them"

Even if the difference is what fucking car you drive. Look at all the wankers who get into fights over holden vs ford, there's people who get killed for lesser and greater shit every fucking day around the world. Riots and wars, and arms and drug deals, countries where the government can't keep the crime low enough and employment high enough..
Everywhere's pretty fucked but if its under the carpet then you set your own low for standard of living and have a bitch if you can't get your favourite pc game or upgrade to ADSL2+ or whatever and oh my god this person looked at me funny when waiting in line and they got my order wrong at this restaurant rah rah I'm so angry I'm gonna sue them..

Two blokes who could wear the same shit look the same and like the same beer, etc, could get into a rowdy brawl over a difference of car manufacturer. Unless they fucking work for that company and their job and life depends on defending it, they shouldn't fucking be doing that crap.

And don't think it's just an Australian thing. Pick any two things in the world and it's garaunteed you will get two groups arguing over it. As long as they have something in common to hate then people will rallie to hate it, and be divided when something new or different comes along.

Fucking anything; Cars, sports, whether different teams in a sport (from the same state even fucking Crows vs Port Adelaide), races, religion, states, islands, neighbours, music, fashion sense..

You are all as fucking shit and fucked up as the next person so get your fist out of your arse, smell the fucking roses and go about your life, you all have shit to do and if you don't - fucking find something to do that's worth your time.

/end thread
nothing else anyone can possibly add will undermine the truth here in this post.

Last edited by your dog on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
your dog
FTW Clan Member
your dog

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Back on topic: it sounds like it's just a poorly made film with bad choices by the director and produces.
Shitty films get made all the time and in poor taste, w/e.
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm

your dog wrote:

You are all as fucking shit and fucked up as the next person so get your fist out of your arse, smell the fucking roses and go about your life, you all have shit to do and if you don't - fucking find something to do that's worth your time..
i Lol'd
Dalek wrote:
If you feel no national pride Syler then good for you

Syler was just pointing out the fact that Cooch has no right to undermine a person by what they wear, "they think they can do whatever the hell they want and where that crap"

Syler was stating there are NO laws against what people wear, and cooch doesnt make the rules, it has NOTHING to do with being patriotic,

Syler wrote:
I reckon if you were brought up in their culture from birth and you came to Australia you would be wearing those "stupid" turbans and clothing as well.
Nope Razz

Besides the fact the film was made in India, a poor / 3rd world country, where civil wars are brewed on a daily basis, the film is just a film, yes, the director was out of line of making such a film, but outraging against him / or his culture will not make a different, rather, it will create more problems.
It isn't how you let other peoples actions influence you, its how you influence yourself.

Dalek wrote:
As for the article I say who really cares, Australia is widely acknowledged as one of the most racist countries in the world
Oh wow, you say it with suck resignation, such bitterness, almost uncaring that the world recognizes us as the most racist country in the world[sic], Now, are you racists?
I mean, sure theyre are a few bad lots in our country who dont like certain cultures or races, - let me also say, those who dont like certain cultures are almost definitely
under-aged, unappreciative, spoiled, teenagers, who go partying till they get K.O'd from booze, unless of course, you have SOLID evidence that we, in general, are a racist country.

The only time a people, or person, will say we are a racist country, is to stir up others into a fight, its simple, i say something bad about you, you say something bad about me, it goes on and on and bla bla bla.

Not long ago, in US, a muslim helped a JEW out from being beaten by a few americans, drunk i might add,
despite theyre differences he still helped him out, out of tolerance and respect, You cunts gotta get out of that cube you live in <3

At the end of the day, we are all human beings, that come from the same race with different beliefs and customs, if you cant accept that, grow the fuck up.

Thank you and good night.

V.X
Back to top Go down
Dessicrater
Senior FTW Member

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 am

Jimbob and Cooch Hybrid (and anyone else that wants to discuss this topic), religious and racial discussion are banned on FTW forums, your opinions are for you and you alone and you have no right to come on and spread your crap talk here. We tolerate any and all religions and races here, news articles or not if the discussion starts falling into a religious or racial slander it will be shut down.

This is your first and only warnings or you may face removal for a period from the forums until you learn to be more tolerant and respectful of others around you.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Senior FTW Member
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Gone_TroppoFTW
Senior FTW Member
Gone_TroppoFTW

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Wait it's coming ... "but Charlie started it" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies   Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian film slammed for stereotyping Aussies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: News-
Jump to: