Clan FTW Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECEIVING DATA.............Hey Nomad, you're still with us? https://twitter.com/Crysis We're back Baby!

Share | 

Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[F_CK] Danielle

Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  Empty
PostSubject: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:31 am

Hello All

Is this the first PS3 mod for PS3 that works ?
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/sony-ban-extended-on-ps3-jailbreak-hack-20100831-14d9b.html

The Federal Court has extended an injunction preventing three Australian distributors from selling a world-first hack that allows Sony PlayStation 3 owners to run pirated games on the console

http://www.psjailbreak.com/index.php

... or is this old news ?
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 am

naa that's pretty recent. although there are plenty of places where you can get a hardmodded ps3 which i have done to mine. and even more places to download ps3 game dumps and restore them.
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 am

Hello Syler

Really ? Pauline has been telling me that so far there has been no way to do anything to the playstation 3.
I like that you make Pauline out to be a liar. Razz
That you state from fact makes it even more amusing.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 am

it's a hardmod. so no software hacks or anything. an actual chip is soldered into the ps3 hardware
Back to top Go down
(F_ck) Pauline.

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 am

Hi Syler

Your idea of hard mod - is it you holding your hard mod? rubbing your mod?

I think you are a liar and a thief AND I need to advise of one thing before you reply..

NINTENDO do not make the PS3.. they make the DS which although rythmes with PS is very very different...

Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 am

these "hard mods" are really old, i remember doing it to my PS1.
Curious as to why sony are having a bitch now and not before when theyre products sold like hot cakes.
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:02 am

Hello Virtuoso X
Pauline's argument is that Syler is wrong and that for the PS3, the PS3 was not able to be modded or altered to be able to play copied PS3 games.
Pauline had been following that ozmod website for PS3 updates but none had been forthcoming until that smh article.
Back to top Go down
ColdPreacher
ColdPreacher

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:01 am

it's a ps3 from hong kong comes with a premodified chip. i got what i paid for lol. they also sell pirate copies there as well which are like AUD$1 a game.

so feel free to believe what you want. mine plays em perfectly well and i just stream them from a NAS at home
Back to top Go down
Virtuoso X

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:50 pm

[F_CK] Danielle wrote:
Hello Virtuoso X
Hello Danielle.
[F_CK] Danielle wrote:
Pauline's argument is that Syler is wrong and that for the PS3, the PS3 was not able to be modded or altered to be able to play copied PS3 games.
Obviously this is not the case, Syler has already proved that modding the PS3 is feasable, the same way it was possible to chip the PS2, also the PS1,
Although i see where your comming from, the evidence suggests otherwise.
[F_CK] Danielle wrote:
Pauline had been following that ozmod website for PS3 updates but none had been forthcoming until that smh article.
I see, although Syler purchased the PS3 from Hong Kong, i highly doubt ozmod will have knowledge of it.
I am subscribed with SMDepot and PS3 H4x both of which show how easy it is to "chip" a PS3, the same way it was possible with the older version.

Although Sony, previously, did not mind (sic) not caring of the mods.
But recently it seems Sony has sparked an interest in these "Hard-Mods" to keep its good name in the business. Sony has successful circumvented the sales of the hack (and / or major distributors in China to Australia).

And now that Sony has shown arousal in these "hard-mods" needless to say that they may release a type of 'update' to the PS3 in order to disable the mod, eventhough it is hardware related, they still can disable its functionality via a software patch - in saying so i believe the unneeded attention Sony has given this mod is for business profits, stimulating peoples attention and ultimately causing them to buy a PS3 in order to see what the fuss is about. Similarly how these ISP are now releasing useless 2TB and 3TB download plans, when they should be focusing on the more important issue which is Australia's poor internet infrastructure, what i am trying to convey is that the more attention - exaggeration you give to something, the more important it sounds.

Thank you for your time.

VX
Back to top Go down
[F_CK] Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 am

Hello Syler

You win !
The reason Pauline hadn't brought a PS3 was that Pauline didn't believe it was possible to alter the console, but you have proved otherwise.
Now there is no reason why Pauline doesn't buy one.

You are correct Virtuoso, the publicity around these mods has got Pauline thinking about a PS3 now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack    Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony ban extended on PS3 'jailbreak' hack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan FTW Australia :: General Forum :: General Forum Topics :: General Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: